27 Bucks In Tips On A Saturday night

SoFlaJets

Everyone down here is bitching about it, it's not just the economy it's also the new type of customers that are coming into the bars. This is one of the reasons I'm trying to get back to NY.

what I'm finding Mick is nobody carries cash anymore-it's all plastic

and there were people in the bar...either I really suck or the economy is worse than I thought

goes with the job, man. I waited tables for 2 years in tallahassee. You'd be lucky if you could get any of those hicks to tip above 10%.

You should try getting into fine-dining. That's where the money's at. I worked at a fine-dining restaurant on Nantucket Island and pulled in minimum $200 a night.

goes with the job, man. I waited tables for 2 years in tallahassee. You'd be lucky if you could get any of those hicks to tip above 10%.

You should try getting into fine-dining. That's where the money's at. I worked at a fine-dining restaurant on Nantucket Island and pulled in minimum $200 a night.

yea maybe I should quit playing music and become a waiter or bartender-they used to make more than me every night

Disregard my first post, I forgot you're a musician.

(you might disregard this one too)

Last week I saw a Salvation Army bell-ringer with a wi-fi credit card terminal mounted above the bucket. -Does such a thing exist for accepting tips?

Wow, that's crazy! LOL

To SoFlaJets, economy blows down here man, I would say just be happy the place you're playing at is still open. Places are still closing left and right, keep your head up.

Disregard my first post, I forgot you're a musician.

(you might disregard this one too)

Last week I saw a Salvation Army bell-ringer with a wi-fi credit card terminal mounted above the bucket. -Does such a thing exist for accepting tips?

It's something we've been thinking about but didn't know if it existed or not Jerry. My wife just said she has an app to her Palm Pre that would do it. "hey could you play Brown Eyed Girl?" "Sure, just slide your card here..."

Wow, that's crazy! LOL

To SoFlaJets, economy blows down here man, I would say just be happy the place you're playing at is still open. Places are still closing left and right, keep your head up.

I agree rill...this summer the issue was in doubt for everybody working at Nicole's

I agree rill...this summer the issue was in doubt for everybody working at Nicole's

sorry to hear the bread & butter part of your income is drying up. that really sucks to hear. How is nicoles holdin up though? are they gonna be able to keep you on as a musician?

sorry to hear the bread & butter part of your income is drying up. that really sucks to hear. How is nicoles holdin up though? are they gonna be able to keep you on as a musician?

yea I think so jw. One thing I have learned about this business though is this; EVERY gig eventually ends. I've been there since 2002...Equestrian season starts soon so that'll help...maybe some of these people will be carrying green money around and some lands in my tip jar...

Archived