happy birthday jetophile!!!!

gg

GAH! Thanks, everyone. It's been a harrowing couple of weeks, and an even more harrowing few days. Been working like crazy, and my ancient dog, Luna, started having problems again last month. A recurrent bladder issue that plagues her, got that addressed for the millionth time mid-January, but last Friday night, she suddenly started to go lame. I knew it wasn't Lyme, but I won't bore anyone with how or why I knew. I had an appt. for Saturday with one of the vets at the animal hospital where I used to work, but it turned out not to matter.

I woke up to her screaming at 3:30 a.m. Yes, the dog was screaming. Her face was plastered to the living room floor, her front legs were collapsed, and she was freaking because she was in agony and couldn't move. Brutal. I managed to get her up and she looked like a combination of a stroke victim and the Hunchback of Norte Dame. I didn't bother to get dressed. I picked her up and ran across the front lawn in my pajamas and Sock Monkey slippers through the snow without a coat on. I put her in the back seat of the car and sped to the animal hospital, which luckily has 24 hr. emergency service. As I'm sitting there waiting to be seen I'm thinking, fukk, this is it. I was prepared to do it without hesitation. I love that dog. So, I'd either come home without my dog or I'd wind up putting her to sleep, with my luck, on my goddamned birthday a few days later.

They knocked her out with morphine, X-rayed her all over. No cancer, no recurrence of bladder stones. Arthritis in her neck, right shoulder, lower back. The inflammation pressed on her nerves, took her legs out from under her. It was very touch and go. I was giving it five days. She looked so pitiful, cried in her sleep, cried constantly, actually; but to make a long story less long, that c ockroach gene of hers (you can't kill her) came to the rescue yet again. Sedation, painkillers, anti-inflammatory drugs...and she miraculously responded at zero hour. Amazing. Oddly enough, this wound up being the best B-Day I've had in a long, long time. I got my birthday wish. Ghost Dog lives!

P.S.: $794.80! :bag: Believe it or not, that's almost a drop in the bucket with her at this point. Some people have Christmas Clubs. I have a Luna Club. And Bob, good one. :cheers: Hey, anyone see those freaky car commercials with the life-sized Sock Monkey? Aired during the SB, but I shriek like hell every time it's on.

UJqs3D2vv4I

WEEEEEEEE! Thanks again, all.

GAH! Thanks, everyone. It's been a harrowing couple of weeks, and an even more harrowing few days. Been working like crazy, and my ancient dog, Luna, started having problems again last month. A recurrent bladder issue that plagues her, got that addressed for the millionth time mid-January, but last Friday night, she suddenly started to go lame. I knew it wasn't Lyme, but I won't bore anyone with how or why I knew. I had an appt. for Saturday with one of the vets at the animal hospital where I used to work, but it turned out not to matter.

I woke up to her screaming at 3:30 a.m. Yes, the dog was screaming. Her face was plastered to the living room floor, her front legs were collapsed, and she was freaking because she was in agony and couldn't move. Brutal. I managed to get her up and she looked like a combination of a stroke victim and the Hunchback of Norte Dame. I didn't bother to get dressed. I picked her up and ran across the front lawn in my pajamas and Sock Monkey slippers through the snow without a coat on. I put her in the back seat of the car and sped to the animal hospital, which luckily has 24 hr. emergency service. As I'm sitting there waiting to be seen I'm thinking, fukk, this is it. I was prepared to do it without hesitation. I love that dog. So, I'd either come home without my dog or I'd wind up putting her to sleep, with my luck, on my goddamned birthday a few days later.

They knocked her out with morphine, X-rayed her all over. No cancer, no recurrence of bladder stones. Arthritis in her neck, right shoulder, lower back. The inflammation pressed on her nerves, took her legs out from under her. It was very touch and go. I was giving it five days. She looked so pitiful, cried in her sleep, cried constantly, actually; but to make a long story less long, that c ockroach gene of hers (you can't kill her) came to the rescue yet again. Sedation, painkillers, anti-inflammatory drugs...and she miraculously responded at zero hour. Amazing. Oddly enough, this wound up being the best B-Day I've had in a long, long time. I got my birthday wish. Ghost Dog lives!

P.S.: $794.80! :bag: Believe it or not, that's almost a drop in the bucket with her at this point. Some people have Christmas Clubs. I have a Luna Club. And Bob, good one. :cheers: Hey, anyone see those freaky car commercials with the life-sized Sock Monkey? Aired during the SB, but I shriek like hell every time it's on.

UJqs3D2vv4I

WEEEEEEEE! Thanks again, all.

That was my FAVORITE SB commercial. I laughed like a 12 yr old!!!!

It must be the name. Luna. I have a 13 yr old "c ockroach gene" dog (lol) named "Luna" too. We had a very similar experience with her just before Christmas and she, too, pulled it out. Ok so.. I don't own sock monkey slippers.. but it was similar.

Archived