would you want Adalius Thomas ?

jales22

He was a fish out of h2O in that defense.

When they signed him I thought they were getting one of the top defensive players in football. Very glad it didn't work out that way for them.

When they signed him I thought they were getting one of the top defensive players in football. Very glad it didn't work out that way for them.

Thomas is not a read-react player. He's a "here is your task, do it regardless" type guy.

Hell yes.

Anything is better than Gholston. Thomas would serve as the #3 OLB and could play in the middle if, god forbid, Scott or Harris went down due to injury. Not to mention, he knows Rex's scheme and Rex loves the guy. It just makes too much sense for Thomas to be here.

Sign him? Hell yes.

Start him over BT? Hell yes.

If Bryan Thomas is our guy off the bench, we are looking mighty, mighty fine on defense.

In my bonered, jet dream: the Jets will sign him AND Asomugha and play a two-island, 3-5 defense with five linebackers and Leonard wandering the deep middle. Back in the day they called it the 46; invented by some guy that apparently Rex Ryan used to know.

We basically send 8 guys at the QB and dare him to throw before we get to him or his passing lane.

Thomas will be 33 at the start of the season, and has pretty much been a flop in NE. I can understand why Rex would be interested in him, but I'd hope they'd weigh this move carefully. I like guys like Murrell and Westerman, but maybe I'm just sentimental. I hope Ryan doesn't bring in Adalius because he's sentimental. It needs to be a smart football decision.

Sign him? Hell yes.

Start him over BT? Hell yes.

If Bryan Thomas is our guy off the bench, we are looking mighty, mighty fine on defense.

In my bonered, jet dream: the Jets will sign him AND Asomugha and play a two-island, 3-5 defense with five linebackers and Leonard wandering the deep middle. Back in the day they called it the 46; invented by some guy that apparently Rex Ryan used to know.

We basically send 8 guys at the QB and dare him to throw before we get to him or his passing lane.

well except that the 46 defense used 4 linemen and 3 linebackers with a lb/fs type hybrid to play the 46 position.

Thomas will be 33 at the start of the season, and has pretty much been a flop in NE. I can understand why Rex would be interested in him, but I'd hope they'd weigh this move carefully. I like guys like Murrell and Westerman, but maybe I'm just sentimental. I hope Ryan doesn't bring in Adalius because he's sentimental. It needs to be a smart football decision.

From what I see about Rex Ryan, he is sentimental when it comes to donut shops. Not as sentimental when it comes to football players.

Signing Bart Scott over Ray Lewis was a good indication of this.

well except that the 46 defense used 4 linemen and 3 linebackers with a lb/fs type hybrid to play the 46 position.

On our current defense, we have CBs playing safety, Safeties playing CB, DE's playing OLB, an OLB playing ILB, and DT's playing DE....

On top of that, I coulda swore I saw #77 playing some ILB on a couple plays last season.

Point is, we would have four very capable rush-end DEs playing on our team. Call them tomatos or tomahtos, we have what it takes to play a 46, and adding AT wouldn't complicate that matter.

From what I see about Rex Ryan, he is sentimental when it comes to donut shops. Not as sentimental when it comes to football players.

Signing Bart Scott over Ray Lewis was a good indication of this.

Well, Scott is more "his guy" than Ray was. That was Lewis' D in Baltimore as much as it was anyone elses'...He mentored guys like Suggs, pushed Ngata, positions guys on Sundays...

Ryan brought Scott from UDFA to starter...he was younger than Lewis...Lewis' chances of leaving Baltimore were always small...

I think the reason Thomas won't be a Jet is because we don't need him. LB is the one position we've thrown money at (besides QB) and we have more depth and young talent there than at most other positions. Rex wants more playing time for the young guys like Gholston and Westerman, not less.

I think there is a good chance we sign him on a 1/2 years deal.

The Jets are being squeezed by the last eight F.A restrictions, and we are a little thin at OLB especailly someone who can bring a little heat. Thomas makes a nice stop gap and at his age (32/33) and an Axe to grind with Boston Bill and a love a player with a chip......

:box:

Adalius can be an effective situational pass rusher for the Jets. I believe he wants to play for the Jets, and his former coach Rex. And IMO...Ryan wants him too.

Also, don't underestimate the revenge factor. Adalius would love nothing better then to show genius Belichick, what he can do when properly utilized.

Well, Scott is more "his guy" than Ray was. That was Lewis' D in Baltimore as much as it was anyone elses'...He mentored guys like Suggs, pushed Ngata, positions guys on Sundays...

Ryan brought Scott from UDFA to starter...he was younger than Lewis...Lewis' chances of leaving Baltimore were always small...

I think the reason Thomas won't be a Jet is because we don't need him. LB is the one position we've thrown money at (besides QB) and we have more depth and young talent there than at most other positions. Rex wants more playing time for the young guys like Gholston and Westerman, not less.

Senor, I agree with you in principle, and I know that Rex would love to have Gholson make it, but do you think that he can be depended on to bring a much needed threat in the pass rush?

I don

Archived