Fins Ignoring Taylor, Jets may make a run?

Ace21Black

that last sentence is key to me. Because its true. I trust this team like i never have before and i trust Rex. Whatever moves they make ill support them on because they know whats best for the team, but i sures hell aint gonna be happy about it.

and also because we OWE to our HC to give him the latitude to do what he thinks is best for our team. We afforded the same luxury to Parcells, Groh, Herm and Mangini until they either split or proved themselves to be idiots. All I know is Rex wants the guy-wanted him last year too.

Joe Rose was saying this morning on WQAM that the pitch was they weren't gonna kill the guy-they'd put him out there on 2nd and 3rd downs to bring it to the QB. They weren't going to demand he does all the mini camp stuff, they just want him to get healthy and show up when we need him.

Look, I don't like what Jason Taylor has said about the Jets over the years but I have always respected him as a player. I'd take him.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some memorable Jason Taylor quotes...

You guys still want him?

Talk is cheap! If Taylor adds 12 to 15 sacks and generally provides tremendous pressure in the role that D-Rex has in mind for him, yes, I want him. The idea is to win a SUPER BOWL. By obtaining Taylor, the JETS can point their draft in an area where it will do most good. I asuume a slot receive to take more pressure off our young QB and an OLB to be developed, in addition to more CBs and a safety. I am not a fan of Jayson Taylor. I am a fan of the NY Jets and truthfully I dislike the BLOWFISH and their blowhard fans! Just win baby! I support D-Rex in his quest to do it his way! GO JETS!

Talk is cheap! If Taylor adds 12 to 15 sacks and generally provides tremendous pressure in the role that D-Rex has in mind for him, yes, I want him. The idea is to win a SUPER BOWL. By obtaining Taylor, the JETS can point their draft in an area where it will do most good. I asuume a slot receive to take more pressure off our young QB and an OLB to be developed, in addition to more CBs and a safety. I am not a fan of Jayson Taylor. I am a fan of the NY Jets and truthfully I dislike the BLOWFISH and their blowhard fans! Just win baby! I support D-Rex in his quest to do it his way! GO JETS!

Not to mention how much it would piss off Dolphins fans.

Think about it. This would basically be Jason Taylor saying, "I don't think the Dolphins have a snowball's chance in hell of winning anything so I am signing with the Jets because there is a much better chance for me to finally get a ring."

Meanwhile, on Earth, Sparano has beaten NY, 3 out of 4 games. That's an easy one to brag about.

This is true. Tampa Bay > New Orleans too, remember. Since, you know, head to head record is all that matters.

I wonder what Sparano was doing when Rex Ryan was coaching his Jets in the AFC Championship Game this past January? :-k

I'm thinking he was doing Parcells laundry.

Yeah, unfortunatley for the Phins, we had to play all of the Colt's starters. We weren't afforded the option of having Manning play. And we all saw what happened when Manning played the Jets, he tore them up. Fact is, the Jets were handed a playoff spot and everybody here knows it. It's that little voice in the back of your head that serves up a hint of doubt, cause even though the Jets made it to the AFC Championship game, they were still 9-7 during the regular season with a 2-4 division record. So keep clinging to the thought that your team is on the cusp of greatness, cause the truth is, the possibility of repeating the 2009 season is slimmer than a piece of paper.

This is true. Tampa Bay > New Orleans too, remember. Since, you know, head to head record is all that matters.

I did not try and use that as my argument. In fact, that's not even close to being what I said. Nice spin job though.

one of the good things about Twitter is we don't have to suffer through the same old tired arguments again and again. I mean after a dozen years or so doesn't it start to finally get old? This whole insult the rival fan base is friggin so 2005

Yeah, unfortunatley for the Phins, we had to play all of the Colt's starters. We weren't afforded the option of having Manning play. And we all saw what happened when Manning played the Jets, he tore them up. Fact is, the Jets were handed a playoff spot and everybody here knows it. It's that little voice in the back of your head that serves up a hint of doubt, cause even though the Jets made it to the AFC Championship game, they were still 9-7 during the regular season with a 2-4 division record. So keep clinging to the thought that your team is on the cusp of greatness, cause the truth is, the possibility of repeating the 2009 season is slimmer than a piece of paper.

I did not try and use that as my argument. In fact, that's not even close to being what I said. Nice spin job though.

Don't forget about those Bengals and the Chargers! Those teams both laid down for the Jets too in the playoffs.. they really didn't wanna win anyways, right?

Fact is, the Jets were handed a playoff spot and everybody here knows it.

You're absolutely right.

But then they came out and won two big playoffs games. And you can't take anything away from them for that.

You like to crow about the Phins winning the division through tie-breakers, in a year where one team lost it's starting QB week 1 and the other team's played through a torn shoulder. And yet, with their golden opportunity, the dolphins did nothing. But that doesn't stop you and your cohorts from reminding us of this.

Next year is a fresh start, and there are no guarantees that the Jets will return to the AFC Championship. However, going into 2010, we both know which team is closer to the ultimate goal, and it's not the one that wears aqua and orange.

You can't be serious. Your head coach is well quoted as saying he hates the Dolphins, does that mean you don't want him on your team? I think not.

I wish they would post IQ's right under the VCash in people's profiles. Sarcasm goes right over the head of the knuckle draggers in the 70-80 range.

Don't forget about those Bengals and the Chargers! Those teams both laid down for the Jets too in the playoffs.. they really didn't wanna win anyways, right?

The Bengals were obviously a team that had lost their will to win at the end of the season and they also rested starters in week 17. The Chargers were hampered by a gimpy running back that is way past his prime, and a diva corner back that isn't nearly as good as he thinks he is. Not to mention, Norv Turner has a history of choking in the playoffs.

You're absolutely right.

But then they came out and won two big playoffs games. And you can't take anything away from them for that.

You like to crow about the Phins winning the division through tie-breakers, in a year where one team lost it's starting QB week 1 and the other team's played through a torn shoulder. And yet, with their golden opportunity, the dolphins did nothing. But that doesn't stop you and your cohorts from reminding us of this.

Next year is a fresh start, and there are no guarantees that the Jets will return to the AFC Championship. However, going into 2010, we both know which team is closer to the ultimate goal, and it's not the one that wears aqua and orange.

Please, the Phins were 11-5 (2 wins better than the Jets) And, if I'm not mistaken, the Jets 2009 playoffs were won through a tie breaker, there were 4, 9-7 teams in the AFC in 2009.

Favre had a torn bicep.

Finally, someone with some loyalty!

Those who want to sell your a*s for a ring need to turn in their green.

I've hated Xerxes and now all of a sudden Im expected to like him...ugh. I dont want that dancing fag anywhere near my White & Green.

The Bengals were obviously a team that had lost their will to win at the end of the season and they also rested starters in week 17. The Chargers were hampered by a gimpy running back that is way past his prime, and a diva corner back that isn't nearly as good as he thinks he is. Not to mention, Norv Turner has a history of choking in the playoffs.

So I take it you picked the Jets to win both games, no?

Hell no. I almost lost all my VCash betting on the Bengals and Chargers. It was only after the game that I came up with my conclusions ;)

LOL. Ok, I'll leave you alone now. You made me laugh :P

P.S. -- I hate Jason Taylor too, DLJ. You're not alone.

Please, the Phins were 11-5 (2 wins better than the Jets) And, if I'm not mistaken, the Jets 2009 playoffs were won through a tie breaker, there were 4, 9-7 teams in the AFC in 2009.

Favre had a torn bicep.

And they had an incredibly favorable schedule including hosting four west coast teams at 1 p.m. on the East Coast in a year in which West Coast teams were 2-28 in said games. If you're gonna whine like a little girl about having to play the Colts starters, realize that you got to host the Chargers while the Jets and Pats both had to play in San Diego. There's your division title right there. All but one of the Chargers losses that year were in 1 p.m. games on the east coast. Coincidence?

Favre had a torn bicep.

So, if I'm reading this correctly, regular season wins are more important than playoff wins?

ESPN.com: NFL Nation

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Taylor watch: Fins passive, Jets aggressive

By Tim Graham

Jason Taylor's surreal visit with the New York Jets continued Thursday at the club's facility in Florham Park, N.J.

Jets right tackle Damien Woody was taken aback when the outspoken Jets antagonist poked his head in the weight room during a tour conducted by head coach Rex Ryan.

"Rex is the ultimate salesguy, and I'm sure he's going to throw everything at him today," Woody said on Jane McManus' blog at ESPNNewYork.com.

Ryan reiterated that Taylor and his wife will return home to Florida to mull the offer. Taylor's agent, Gary Wichard, told me Wednesday he expected the six-time Pro Bowler to take the weekend at least.

The Miami Dolphins, meanwhile, haven't changed their plans to address Taylor after the draft. Dolphins general manager Jeff Ireland had a news conference scheduled Thursday to discuss the draft. It was hijacked by Taylor questions.

Palm Beach Post reporter Brian Biggane shares a rundown of the back and forth on his blog.

"Look. They know our stance," Ireland said, referring to Taylor and Wichard. "We know our stance. ... We have to evaluate things after the draft. So that's where we're at."

Biggane writes Ireland stopped the news conference 81 seconds in: "I thought this was a pre-draft press conference, fellas."

Miami Herald columnist Armando Salguero delivered an enlightening breakdown of the polar approaches the Jets and the Dolphins have taken with Taylor.

While the Jets have rolled out the red carpet for Taylor and his wife, including a helicopter ride over Manhattan and a tour of the new Meadowlands stadium, the Dolphins have kept him at arm's length.

Salguero writes:

Taylor wants to be loved, maybe even wooed. He definitely wants to be shown respect because after 13 NFL seasons he rightly believes he's earned that. And the New York Jets are showing him that love and respect at a time when Taylor doesn't think the Dolphins are.

New York Daily News reporter Rich Cimini also provided a detailed account of the courtship from the Jets' perspective.

Salguero also notes the Dolphins have been stoic over the past year while Taylor has been flattered by overtures from both the Jets and New England Patriots. Furthermore, the Dolphins have re-signed two veterans coming off significant injuries that will impact them into the summer. They've already brought back quarterback Chad Pennington and nose tackle Jason Ferguson, who will serve an eight-game suspension for multiple violations of the league's policy on performance-enhancing drugs.

There are a lot of wrinkles to this situation. We'll see if the Dolphins have the chance to iron them out before Taylor makes a decision on the Jets.

Archived