Is Pat White a QB?

rick34125

ESPN.com: AFC East

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Big Question: Is Pat White a QB?

By Tim Graham

ESPN.com

What should the Miami Dolphins do with second-year quarterback Pat White?

nfl_u_pwhite_200.jpg

Pat White's future as an NFL quarterback is up in the air.

That's one of the AFC East's great shrug-inducing questions this offseason.

We already were wondering if White would be converted to another position. Then he created a mini-stir Monday by tweeting he'd rather play baseball than wide receiver.

White has been selected in the Major League Baseball draft four times. The Angels drafted him in the fourth round in 2004 and in the 24th round in 2007. The Reds took him in the seventh round in 2008. The Yankees selected him in the 48th round last year.

When fans saw his tweet and thought he was contemplating a return to the diamond, White sent out a follow-up tweet to douse the speculation:

"Lol I guess I need to clear things up... No no no no to all the questions It was just what I was feeling at the time so I said it."

The Dolphins spent last year's 44th overall draft choice on the scrambly West Virginia quarterback. They had visions of him becoming a threat in their Wildcat packages.

But he demonstrated no predilection to being an NFL quarterback. His arm was too weak, his stature too slight. He got knocked out in the season finale.

White got into 13 games last year and threw five passes without a completion. He ran 21 times for 81 yards.

The Dolphins head into the season with four quarterbacks. Chad Henne is the starter. Veteran Chad Pennington has been slotted as the third quarterback while he recovers from shoulder surgery.

The Dolphins have declined to name Tyler Thigpen or White as the primary backup, but it would appear White's in line for a switch -- either by position or sport.

>>>>>>>>>> The Tuna blew that pick. Wasn't he a 2nd rounder?

ESPN.com: AFC East

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Big Question: Is Pat White a QB?

By Tim Graham

ESPN.com

What should the Miami Dolphins do with second-year quarterback Pat White?

nfl_u_pwhite_200.jpg

Pat White's future as an NFL quarterback is up in the air.

That's one of the AFC East's great shrug-inducing questions this offseason.

We already were wondering if White would be converted to another position. Then he created a mini-stir Monday by tweeting he'd rather play baseball than wide receiver.

White has been selected in the Major League Baseball draft four times. The Angels drafted him in the fourth round in 2004 and in the 24th round in 2007. The Reds took him in the seventh round in 2008. The Yankees selected him in the 48th round last year.

When fans saw his tweet and thought he was contemplating a return to the diamond, White sent out a follow-up tweet to douse the speculation:

"Lol I guess I need to clear things up... No no no no to all the questions It was just what I was feeling at the time so I said it."

The Dolphins spent last year's 44th overall draft choice on the scrambly West Virginia quarterback. They had visions of him becoming a threat in their Wildcat packages.

But he demonstrated no predilection to being an NFL quarterback. His arm was too weak, his stature too slight. He got knocked out in the season finale.

White got into 13 games last year and threw five passes without a completion. He ran 21 times for 81 yards.

The Dolphins head into the season with four quarterbacks. Chad Henne is the starter. Veteran Chad Pennington has been slotted as the third quarterback while he recovers from shoulder surgery.

The Dolphins have declined to name Tyler Thigpen or White as the primary backup, but it would appear White's in line for a switch -- either by position or sport.

>>>>>>>>>> The Tuna blew that pick. Wasn't he a 2nd rounder?

Brad Smith>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Pat White (as a QB)

I think they could write an article asking the same question about everyone listed at QB on their roster. Their best QB may be Ronnie Brown.

It would also be easy to write an article about having the AFC leader in interceptions and question his ability to be a pro QB. Maybe Brad Smith is your best option.

I'm sorry, how many playoff games has Chad Henne won again?

Question is how many has Sanchez accounted for? I'm not questioning which team was better last year as i will tell you it was the jets, but how many victories was Sanchez the procurring cause. The comment that Stonehands made could also be said about the jets.

Question is how many has Sanchez accounted for? I'm not questioning which team was better last as i will tell you it was jets, but how many victories was Sanchez the procurring cause.

First of all, I don't think "procurring" is a word, trying-to-sound-smart Dolphin fan. Secondly, what difference does it make? How much did Joe Flacco contribute to Baltimore's playoff wins last year?

If you're a rookie QB and you win 2 road playoff games, you're doing something right. And in Sanchez's case, he didn't turn the ball over and made some big throws when needed.

The guy whose 2-1 for his career in the postseason with a postseason passer rating of 92.7

The same one when your leading rusher went out instantly turned into ****? Your kidding yourself if you think than any other reason besides having the best rushing attack and best defense got you those 2 playoff wins. I knew it, you knew it, everyone in this forum knew that Sanchez had no chance at that point.

The same one when your leading rusher went out instantly turned into ****? Your kidding yourself if you think than any other reason besides having the best rushing attack and best defense got you those 2 playoff wins.

Yeah, his four TD passes had nothing to do with anything. :rolleyes:

Be afraid fan of the Gay Sharks.

12 TD 14 INT 2,878 YARDS

12 TD 20 INT 2,444 YARDS

Which stat line do you want?

You might just be the dumbest of all the Phag trolls here. Making , and winning in the playoffs is all that counts. What were the Phags playoff stats this year ? :P

The same one when your leading rusher went out instantly turned into ****? Your kidding yourself if you think than any other reason besides having the best rushing attack and best defense got you those 2 playoff wins. I knew it, you knew it, everyone in this forum knew that Sanchez had no chance at that point.

:rl: Your jealousy is showing thru quite clearly.

lol Thai Jet, i respect your fandom for the Jets, but i promise you no one in this world is jealous of the New York Jets.

How about envy in the way the Jets are trying to build their team? You're lying if you didn't wish your aqua minnows were doing the same. Hell, you guys are lighting candles right now that Taylor resigns.

How about envy in the way the Jets are trying to build their team? You're lying if you didn't wish your aqua minnows were doing the same. Hell, you guys are lighting candles right now that Taylor resigns.

Obviously as a fan i want to run out and sign every big name that hits the market and i dont think anyone could argue the Jets have been by far the most aggressive team this offseason and have signed those big name players that fans covet while my GM and head of football operations must now rely on hitting a complete homerun on the majority of of draft this year. Taylor i want to resign, not because of we he can do for our team, which to me is little, but for the simple fact of him not becoming a Jet.

Question is how many has Sanchez accounted for? I'm not questioning which team was better last year as i will tell you it was the jets, but how many victories was Sanchez the procurring cause. The comment that Stonehands made could also be said about the jets.

Boobie Griese made the H of F handing the ball to Csonka & Kiick..as my Cousin Vinny would say, "That arguement holds no wata"..

Playing baseball was always the best choice for lefty Pat White. And he's too small and slow to play WR so forget about that. He's only fast by QB standards, as a WR he's slow. And I think he's too small for the Wildcat because he's not a threat to run the ball up the middle which makes the Wildcat too predictable with him in there. With Ronny Brown receiving the snap anything can happen, White is just too little to be what Brown is. Parcells screwed up by taking him in the second round.

Archived