To the "LT is done" crowd....

Jetsfan80

Disagree. He was brought in for his hands and to be the goal-line back. I think he'll get more touchdowns than Greene.

I was thinking this. The Jets may play the 20-60-20 scheme. Anytime the Jets are in their own 20 or the opponents 20 thats when Tomlinson will get the majority of his work in. The other 60 yards is Greene country.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL @ LT being a goal line back. He was brought in for his hands. Read: doing what Leon should have done more of in his Jets career....that means catching the ball out of the backfield, on screens, etc. If you all think LT is Bulldozer type back I know of a bridge in Brooklyn that's for sale.

LOL @ LT being a goal line back. He was brought in for his hands. Read: doing what Leon should have done more of in his Jets career....that means catching the ball out of the backfield, on screens, etc. If you all think LT is Bulldozer type back I know of a bridge in Brooklyn that's for sale.

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM he averages 15.3 TDs per year for his CAREER, and has not once gotten less than 10.

Also, he's replacing Washington only in the sense that he can catch the ball too.

I can't wait for the season to begin...all this LT is done, Cromartie is overrated and blah blah blah.

I look at it as another season under Rex (remember, he took this team to the AFC Championship game as a rookie HC and rookie QB), where the players will have a lot more experience with two playoff victories under their belt...plus guys like LT and Cromartie will be playing with huge chips on their shoulders...as a fan, I am ready and cannot believe we're engaging in conversation with a fin fan who is trying to be on the same page as us.

The only way the Jets don't go to the big game this year is because they beat themselves...it won't be because some team is better than they are...especially the fins who beat us last year thanks to our mistakes. Those mistakes won't be repeated this year against them...take that to the bank.

Man, he green goggles are gleamin hard aint they? Hate to break it to you but the Colts, Ravens, Bengals, Patriots, Chargers, Dolphins, and Titans all have just as good if not better of a chance of coming out of the AFC as the Jets do. I like how you dismiss getting swept by the Dolphins and theyre backup QB, losing to the Bills w/ thier back up QB, beating the Pats w/ no Welker, beating the Colts back-ups, etc. Alot of things had to fall your way to get to the AFCCG and going one year doesnt increase your chances of going back the next year, everyone is 0-0. Nothing wrong w/ being optimistic, but dang, have a lil respect for the competition why dont ya...

or....my biggest fear...injuries-look at what's happening now with the Yankees Bill

Love the new avatar

Tell me about it. Pennington, Will Allen, Ronnie B, Cobbs, Ferguson, Crowder, Porter, Soliai, Grove, Smiley, Taylor, Ricky, all out or hobbled for big stretches last year. 2008 was the opposite, almost no one got hurt, so it comes and goes, hopefully the bug will stay away this year. If it does, might as well make in 5 in a row, if you know what I mean :box:.

LT has been a "has been" for a few years now. Again, you will see. Plus, I think he is a supreme d-bag. Again, you will see.

And yes, I am a little jealous. I wish I had Greene on my team. I think he showed great potential last year - and if he stays healthy - will be the successful workhorse.

Thats a Vince Wilfork sized if my man. Dude got 4 carries vs. Nawlins, got bent awkwardly, then took himself out hurt and didnt return. Got hurt again in the AFCCG, looked like a rib or abdominal but Im not sure. Maybe he's stays healthy, maybe he doesnt, but when you look at the depth chart, the Jets are counting on him to stay healthy b/c they dont have another #1 RB on the roster. Or anything close to it.

Man, he green goggles are gleamin hard aint they? Hate to break it to you but the Colts, Ravens, Bengals, Patriots, Chargers, Dolphins, and Titans all have just as good if not better of a chance of coming out of the AFC as the Jets do. I like how you dismiss getting swept by the Dolphins and theyre backup QB, losing to the Bills w/ thier back up QB, beating the Pats w/ no Welker, beating the Colts back-ups, etc. Alot of things had to fall your way to get to the AFCCG and going one year doesnt increase your chances of going back the next year, everyone is 0-0. Nothing wrong w/ being optimistic, but dang, have a lil respect for the competition why dont ya...

Let's just keep it with your fins and Jets...when the Jets were stinking up the joint when Marino was your QB and we still beat you guys, did you think it was a fluke or were the Jets better?

Let's just keep it with your fins and Jets...when the Jets were stinking up the joint when Marino was your QB and we still beat you guys, did you think it was a fluke or were the Jets better?

I dont think either the Jets or Fins stink, I think theyre both good teams but both have question marks. I'd say that in no particular order, the Chargers, Pats, Bengals, Colts, and Ravens have to be the favorites coming into the year, w/ the Titans, Jets, Fins, Texans, Steelers as dark horses but we're still in May so take it for what its worth.

Sticking w/ NY & Miami, My concern with Miami is the front 7, right now we've got 6 new starters, 5 if Crowder gets his job back and a ? at FS. Alot of new guys, a new system, some rookies and first time starters who'll be depended on early. Makes me nervous. With the Jets, my main concern is depth at RB, OL, and DE. I think NY has more talent than Miami, but I think NY also alot of guys in contract years, who may or may not have winning as thier primary focus, so chemistry and motivation is a concern for me. I worry about Sanchez, he needs to do a better job with ball security and decision making. But overall, I'd feel silly saying either team was "better" than the other, same goes for the Pats, I think NY and Mia are both better, except for #12. Gonna be a great season for AFC East football.

I dont think either the Jets or Fins stink, I think theyre both good teams but both have question marks. I'd say that in no particular order, the Chargers, Pats, Bengals, Colts, and Ravens have to be the favorites coming into the year, w/ the Titans, Jets, Fins, Texans, Steelers as dark horses but we're still in May so take it for what its worth.

Sticking w/ NY & Miami, My concern with Miami is the front 7, right now we've got 6 new starters, 5 if Crowder gets his job back and a ? at FS. Alot of new guys, a new system, some rookies and first time starters who'll be depended on early. Makes me nervous. With the Jets, my main concern is depth at RB, OL, and DE. I think NY has more talent than Miami, but I think NY also alot of guys in contract years, who may or may not have winning as thier primary focus, so chemistry and motivation is a concern for me. I worry about Sanchez, he needs to do a better job with ball security and decision making. But overall, I'd feel silly saying either team was "better" than the other, same goes for the Pats, I think NY and Mia are both better, except for #12. Gonna be a great season for AFC East football.

The same Chargers and Bengals whom the Jets beat on the road in the Playoffs?

The AFC favorites are the Colts, Jets, then Chargers.

I'd go Colts, Jets, RAVENS, Chargers.

I like the Ravens, but San Diego is in such a joke of a division that they'll have a cakewalk to double digit wins. The Ravens, not so much having to play in the AFC North.

I like the Ravens, but San Diego is in such a joke of a division that they'll have a cakewalk to double digit wins. The Ravens, not so much having to play in the AFC North.

Meh, the Bengals are bound to drop back, and who knows how the Steelers will do with the Roethlisberger turmoil and no Santonio Holmes.

Man, he green goggles are gleamin hard aint they? Hate to break it to you but the Colts, Ravens, Bengals, Patriots, Chargers, Dolphins, and Titans all have just as good if not better of a chance of coming out of the AFC as the Jets do.

Oh zeh irony.

The same Chargers and Bengals whom the Jets beat on the road in the Playoffs?

The AFC favorites are the Colts, Jets, then Chargers.

San Diego is almost guaranteed a bye by virtue of playing in the West, with a chance to rest starters for the last week or two as well, unless the Broncos or Raiders can keep it close, which is unlikely. I doubted the Colts two years straight and I'm still digesting the humble pie. I wont bet against them until Peyton goes down or retires.

Cant put the Jets in the favorites category, I just cant. They were 7-7, 2-4 in the division. We all know what happened after that, but it doesnt erase 7-7 and 2-4. I think the Jets have improved thier roster in some key areas, Sanchez should improve as well, but other teams have gotten better as well. Miami will be better, Baltimore, NE, and Cincinnati will be better. Tennesee had an off year but I expect them to bounce back, Its wide open if you ask me.

I dont see any team in the East winning more than 10-11 games, that means a (home/road?) game vs. Baltimore/Cincy/NE/Mia etc, then a trip to Indy or San Diego, and then probably another road game for the AFCCG. Can it be done? Of course, but the teams in the weaker divisions have an inside track IMO.

San Diego is almost guaranteed a bye by virtue of playing in the West, with a chance to rest starters for the last week or two as well, unless the Broncos or Raiders can keep it close, which is unlikely. I doubted the Colts two years straight and I'm still digesting the humble pie. I wont bet against them until Peyton goes down or retires.

Cant put the Jets in the favorites category, I just cant. They were 7-7, 2-4 in the division. We all know what happened after that, but it doesnt erase 7-7 and 2-4. I think the Jets have improved thier roster in some key areas, Sanchez should improve as well, but other teams have gotten better as well. Miami will be better, Baltimore, NE, and Cincinnati will be better. Tennesee had an off year but I expect them to bounce back, Its wide open if you ask me.

I dont see any team in the East winning more than 10-11 games, that means a (home/road?) game vs. Baltimore/Cincy/NE/Mia etc, then a trip to Indy or San Diego, and then probably another road game for the AFCCG. Can it be done? Of course, but the teams in the weaker divisions have an inside track IMO.

New England will only be better if Brady really reverts back to his old form. I'm honestly not sure if he'll ever be the same. Then of course you have Welker, there are positive reports coming out but when you consider what type of player he is it's tough to see him being incredibly effective, at least not like he was. Factor in a rapidly declining Randy Moss and I really can't see them being the force they have been for so long. I know they've been ruled out in the past but I think this may be the year they really crumble. Miami will be better, I give you that although I can see their running game declining a bit this season.

The Colts + One other from the AFC South will compete. Probably Houston or Tennessee, you never know with that division.

Cincy will probably be better, Baltimore should be an elite team. Even Pittsburgh, with Ben out for 4 games will always be a tough team to beat. Need Troy to stay healthy though.

San Diego should coast their division. The Raiders will be much better with a legit QB but still far too many holes there IMO.

A lot of teams up there and the Jets have more than a chance to get a top seed, I don't think the superpowers of the past few years (New England, Pitt, Indy, SD) are quite as strong as they were and I can see some new teams breaking in. The window is there for teams like the Jets or Dolphins. Should be an interesting season.

I don't see how any non-Dolphins fan has the Dolphins as legitimate contenders in 2010. They were 7-9 and two of those wins were against the Jets playing with a rookie QB who had some of his best (statistical) success against. One of those games required two KO return TD's AND a defensive TD for a 5-point victory. (Incidentally, the two players who scored those 3 TD's are off the team now.) Throw in a 3rd "victory" of a game where they needed a late FG to recover from blowing a 10-point 4th quarter lead against friggin' Tampa. The team won exactly 1 game all season by more than a single touchdown, that being an early home game against the Bills.

The Jets, by comparison, won 9 games even with a particularly raw rookie QB giftwrapping at least 3 games for the opposition before settling down pretty nicely late in the season and in the playoffs. They didn't really eke out any wins they had (except for maybe Indy, despite the final score) and frankly blew some very winnable ones along the way. This, despite a new HC, new starters on defense, a whole new defensive playbook, a raw rookie QB, losing their best offensive playmaker most of the season, losing their 3-4 defense's NT for most of the season.

Anything can happen in any season, as the Dolphins themselves showed in 2008. Formerly bad teams can surprise, and good teams can fade. But to compare the two teams as having equally likely season-end outcomes at this point is borderline baseless.

I don't see how any non-Dolphins fan has the Dolphins as legitimate contenders in 2010. They were 7-9 and two of those wins were against the Jets playing with a rookie QB who had some of his best (statistical) success against. One of those games required two KO return TD's AND a defensive TD for a 5-point victory. (Incidentally, the two players who scored those 3 TD's are off the team now.) Throw in a 3rd "victory" of a game where they needed a late FG to recover from blowing a 10-point 4th quarter lead against friggin' Tampa. The team won exactly 1 game all season by more than a single touchdown, that being an early home game against the Bills.

The Jets, by comparison, won 9 games even with a particularly raw rookie QB giftwrapping at least 3 games for the opposition before settling down pretty nicely late in the season and in the playoffs. They didn't really eke out any wins they had (except for maybe Indy, despite the final score) and frankly blew some very winnable ones along the way. This, despite a new HC, new starters on defense, a whole new defensive playbook, a raw rookie QB, losing their best offensive playmaker most of the season, losing their 3-4 defense's NT for most of the season.

Anything can happen in any season, as the Dolphins themselves showed in 2008. Formerly bad teams can surprise, and good teams can fade. But to compare the two teams as having equally likely season-end outcomes at this point is borderline baseless.

I agree, but the Dolphins will be better. They were crying out for a #1 WR last season and Marshall brings that in a big way. I don't think they'll be better than the Jets but I think they'll be pretty good to be honest as much as it pains me to say. They have their own young QB who showed some potential last season and a decent team around him.

Should they be better than Jets? No

Could they? Yes, like you said anything can happen.

AFC East should be great this season.

I'd say the top 5 teams in the AFC are the Colts, Chargers, Ravens, Bengals, and Jets. The Texans are really, really close though...they have to show it in season but this is a year where they live up to that sleeper status.

People always talk up the Texans but like I was saying this time last year they never produce when it counts. In meaningless end of season games? Almost unbeatable.

Can't trust 'em though.

Imagine this. Sanchez goes down in week 3, out for the year. McKnight tears an ACL week 5. Revis goes down for good in week 7. Greene is done for the year in week 10. Harris is out for 2 games weeks 8-9, then misses weeks 16-17. Jenkins goes on IR week 10. Mangold misses weeks 10-14 and never gets healthy. Faneca misses weeks 11-15 and never gets healthy. L.T. carries the load after Greene but hurts a shoulder in week 13 and fumbles twice a game for the rest of the year. Clemens gets hurt in the season finale and whoever your third string QB gets knocked cold and so your 4th string QB finishes the year vs the defending champs. In a nutshell thats what happened to Miami last year, and they were still 7-6 before they lost to Houston, Tennesee and Pittsburgh to finish the year. Oh, and youre playing vs. the toughest schedule in the league. Still think you'd have made the playoffs? Still think you'd have swept the team that thinks theyre going to the Super Bowl this year? If you answer yes, youre delusional. The NFL is a very tight league, an injury here or there can mean the difference between 11-5 and 6-10.

So yeah, we missed the playoffs, but theres not a team in the league that coulda made the playoffs after losing as many key players as we did. Pittsburgh lost one guy, Polamalu, and they fell apart. Maybe half our team gets hurt again, but no one knows for sure. I really think youve got the green goggles on though. NY goes 7-7, plays a couple og JV squads to get into the tournament, then plays two teams they match up very well against, and all of a sudden they are Super Bowl favorites? Lol. See you in September dude.

Imagine this. Sanchez goes down in week 3, out for the year. McKnight tears an ACL week 5. Revis goes down for good in week 7. Greene is done for the year in week 10. Harris is out for 2 games weeks 8-9, then misses weeks 16-17. Jenkins goes on IR week 10. Mangold misses weeks 10-14 and never gets healthy. Faneca misses weeks 11-15 and never gets healthy. L.T. carries the load after Greene but hurts a shoulder in week 13 and fumbles twice a game for the rest of the year. Clemens gets hurt in the season finale and whoever your third string QB gets knocked cold and so your 4th string QB finishes the year vs the defending champs. In a nutshell thats what happened to Miami last year, and they were still 7-6 before they lost to Houston, Tennesee and Pittsburgh to finish the year. Oh, and youre playing vs. the toughest schedule in the league. Still think you'd have made the playoffs? Still think you'd have swept the team that thinks theyre going to the Super Bowl this year? If you answer yes, youre delusional. The NFL is a very tight league, an injury here or there can mean the difference between 11-5 and 6-10.

So yeah, we missed the playoffs, but theres not a team in the league that coulda made the playoffs after losing as many key players as we did. Pittsburgh lost one guy, Polamalu, and they fell apart. Maybe half our team gets hurt again, but no one knows for sure. I really think youve got the green goggles on though. NY goes 7-7, plays a couple og JV squads to get into the tournament, then plays two teams they match up very well against, and all of a sudden they are Super Bowl favorites? Lol. See you in September dude.

thing is....except for ronnie brown the guys who got hurt weren't really that good anyway. the drop off in production from them to their back-ups wwas either minimal or maybe even constituted an upgrade as opposed to a drop-off. like in chad penningtons case for example...and the jets lost 2 of their best players last year in jenkins and washington.

thing is....except for ronnie brown the guys who got hurt weren't really that good anyway. the drop off in production from them to their back-ups wwas either minimal or maybe even constituted an upgrade as opposed to a drop-off. like in chad penningtons case for example...and the jets lost 2 of their best players last year in jenkins and washington.

Ha ha ha. Admit it, you really dont know much about the Fins at all, do you?

Ha ha ha. Admit it, you really dont know much about the Fins at all, do you?

first of all you're comparing jason ferguson to jenkins...

jake grove to nick mangold....

will allen to revis

it's a horrible comparison......all those guys are nowhere near the level of talent that their jets counterparts are.

you're talking about 3 of our best players.

it's just a stupid comparison imo.

and honestly i don't belive that any of the guys you lost last year were that talented....except for ronnie brown. losing pennignton was an upgrade. ferguaon isn't even a good NT anyway...not that i believe starks will fare much better. jake grove is a decent center.....mangold is the best in the league. will allen? compared to revis? lol whatever.

In fairness, when you have mediocre talent, all you can lose is mediocre talent.

Pennington ---> Henne is not the same as Sanchez ---> Clemens. An injury to Sanchez would not have been the same as the injury to Pennington.

McKnight wasn't on the team last year, but we did have that happen with Leon. Jones was hardly anything special for us after week 10 anyway. The Jets just kept playing him when a better option was available. But hey, he had decent numbers against Buffalo and Tampa and Indy's backups. Surely no one else on the team could have done that.

If your RB fumbles twice a game for the rest of the year that means your RB sucks; it's not an unfortunate situation due to injury.

Jenkins didn't go on IR in week 10. He went on IR in week 7. Yes, 7 as in he's 7 times the NT that a 35 year-old Ferguson was and we lost him during week 7. Not my fault that your team thought Paul Soliai was all the depth needed for a geriatric NT who is light years past his prime to begin with.

Faneca getting injured would not have been good, true, but another way of phrasing that is "imagine after 2/3 of the season is over, replacing your worst starting OLman with your best backup OLman."

And all but Ferguson that you listed are players on offense. The main reason you sucked is because of your 25th ranked defense that was yielding over 24 ppg. You STILL have no NT with Ferguson suspended half the season and he's 36 freakin' years old anyway. How many positions did you envision Dansby playing that he's going to make the Dolphins into a decent defense?

I can go all day, bitch. (Actually I can't. Pretty busy day head.)

In fairness, when you have mediocre talent, all you can lose is mediocre talent.

no i hear ya....my point was that he's trying to go position for position in his comparison...but it doesn't work that way because in our case it would be losing 4 of our best players....while it wasn't 4 of their best players. idk who they consider 4 of their best players. probably jake long, ronnie brown, ricky williams, and maybe randy starks? and going from pennington to henne is an upgrade.......

no i hear ya....my point was that he's trying to go position for position in his comparison...but it doesn't work that way because in our case it would be losing 4 of our best players....while it wasn't 4 of their best players. idk who they consider 4 of their best players. probably jake long, ronnie brown, ricky williams, and maybe randy starks? and going from pennington to henne is an upgrade.......

I know what your point was... I was just making fun of the dolphins.

Archived