Quarterback Vince Young Suspected Of Assault

F.Chowds

DALLAS (CBS 11 / TXA 21) ―

Click to enlarge

1 of 1

Harry How/Getty Images

Tennessee Titans quarterback Vince Young is the prime suspect in a Saturday night assault at a Dallas strip club that left an individual with bodily injury, an official with the Dallas Police Department said Sunday.

No warrant has been issued, but police say Young is the prime suspect. The altercation allegedly broke out after words were exchanged at Club Onyx on 10557 Wire Way. Police believe Young left the scene before officers arrived, a DPD official said.

The Houston native was drafted by the Tennessee Titans with the third overall pick in the NFL Draft in 2006. He is known for leading his alma mater, the University of Texas, to a national championship in 2006. He threw for 467 yards in that win against the University of Southern California.

He remains the starting quarterback for the Nashville-based Tennessee Titans.

(

I agree. An athlete getting into a fight in a bar is not that much unless the guy gets seriously busted up.

Of course, athletes are generally more capable than most of busting someone up, but that is a different matter from whether or not serious injury actually took place.

Misdemeanor assault citation -- Class C assault citation, punishable by a fine up to $500

From an Austin news channel, which follows Vince and the Titans because of his UT career

http://news8austin.com/content/sports/271784/young-involved-in-altercation

DALLAS (AP) -- Tennessee Titans quarterback Vince Young received a misdemeanor assault citation after getting into a fight at a Dallas strip club and leaving before authorities arrived early Sunday, police said.

Surveillance video footage released by police showed the former University of Texas star and several people talking in a small room before Young attacked someone in the room. Others tried to break up the fight.

Young wasn't at Club Onyx when police responded to a call about the fight, said Dallas police Lt. Andy Harvey.

Harvey said an investigation led to Young receiving a Class C assault citation, punishable by a fine up to $500.

Titans spokesman Robbie Bohren said the team was aware of the incident and had contacted Young. He said the team was still gathering information. NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said in a tweet that the league "will look into it."

Misdemeanor assault citation -- Class C assault citation, punishable by a fine up to $500

From an Austin news channel, which follows Vince and the Titans because of his UT career

http://news8austin.com/content/sports/271784/young-involved-in-altercation

Might be nothing. Citation seems like a violation in New York. It's not a crime. Crimes are felonies or misdemeanors. Violations are the equivalent of traffic tickets. This way you don't have to lie about never being charged with a crime because you plead guilty to peeing on a tree outside the bar.

EDIT: Well, it says Misdemanor assault and that's a crime. Maybe I should read the headline. It's not like it isn't bolded or anything.

My experience is that something like 90% of assaults are the fault of some jackass who can't keep his mouth shut and has no common decency. People want to pretend that a physical response is never warranted to a verbal attack or harassment, but that is just bull****. I have absolutely zero sympathy for somebody that instigates an attack verbally and then gets his ass kicked. In fact, I think we should throw the instigator in jail for a month and give the other person an award. Do that and actually publicize that is how things will work, and suddenly you'll see a huge drop in the number of fights because the cowards that like to start fights and then hide behind the law no longer get any protection.

That'd be a perfect world. Alas, we live in one with a retarded criminal justice system designed by a bunch of idiots that have never been in the real world.

My experience is that something like 90% of assaults are the fault of some jackass who can't keep his mouth shut and has no common decency. People want to pretend that a physical response is never warranted to a verbal attack or harassment, but that is just bull****. I have absolutely zero sympathy for somebody that instigates an attack verbally and then gets his ass kicked. In fact, I think we should throw the instigator in jail for a month and give the other person an award. Do that and actually publicize that is how things will work, and suddenly you'll see a huge drop in the number of fights because the cowards that like to start fights and then hide behind the law no longer get any protection.

That'd be a perfect world. Alas, we live in one with a retarded criminal justice system designed by a bunch of idiots that have never been in the real world.

It's not the retarded system designed by idiots. It's the first amendment. If they ever find a way to criminalize stupid, the above is going to get you jailed a lot quicker than an upside-down pair of horns.

When are athletes going to learn

Athletes + Strip Clubs = Trouble

Some guys just don't get it.

exactly. you're vince young - hire a harem to perform live for all your friends in a hotel suite.

I don't buy this. If words hurt so much than use the same words and hurt the other person back just as much. Now your even, walk away.

When are athletes going to learn

Athletes + Strip Clubs = Trouble

Some guys just don't get it.

It's not just athletes. I'm not sure it's such a good idea having other guys around when the titties are out. Maybe I'd like another set of titties out, but I'm not looking to discuss sports when the boobies are out.

I don't buy this. If words hurt so much than use the same words and hurt the other person back just as much. Now your even, walk away.

Use worse words harder. Now you're ahead. Let the taunting commence!

yup, the way i heard it, was that this goof balls were putting down texas. he let it go, but it kept getting worse and eventually he had enough and put the beat down on them fools. this may be the one instance i'm on the athletes side of these stripper club incidents. truth be told though, he should have stayed out. if anything he should have told the owner i'm leaving with my cash and i'm pretty sure the other guy would have gotten thrown out.

It's not the retarded system designed by idiots. It's the first amendment. If they ever find a way to criminalize stupid, the above is going to get you jailed a lot quicker than an upside-down pair of horns.

there's a difference between free speech and being a douche bag.

Archived