If the games are blackout

Dude Love

Would that be the final nail in the coffin as far as loyalty to the Jets goes? I know it would for me.

You are kidding I hope. Because of blackouts, you would disown the Jets? You can't be a fan of this team that long I'm guessing or not nearly as knee deep in green s hit as many of us are.

Would that be the final nail in the coffin as far as loyalty to the Jets goes? I know it would for me.

So, fans not wanting to pay outrageous prices for tickets would be the reason you disown the Jets?

:rolleyes:

My guess is that he'd root for whichever team was on TV.

the same team wouldn't be on TV every week

I took his post as being one where he would be upset with the Jets management for pricing tickets too high which led to the blackouts. If this is his deal, then he could root for any of the other 31 teams. It is not necessarily a TV issue.

It is not necessarily a TV issue.

You have to have at least some exposure to the team you are rooting for---

I can't understand how people used to be a fan of some team that they maybe watched play (on tv or live) once or twice a year.

I know today you can get the NFL channel and all that, but I wouldn't do that.

Yes, there would be. Even if the New Jersey Jets are blacked out in their home area, that same area will feature the New Jersey Giants each week.

correct, but obviously I was alluding to there being other games each Sunday

crap thread, though

probably shouldn't have posted in it because the thread starter has gay troll written on him

Yes, there would be. Even if the New Jersey Jets are blacked out in their home area, that same area will feature the New Jersey Giants each week.

Exactly, the only reason I became a Jets fan is because I kept seeing them on tv. In hindsight, Woody should have bought the team 30 years ago this would be one less problem in my life.

TV is older than the NFL and football sucks on the radio. Baseball OTOH is fine for the radio.

The first game was telecast in 1939...you don't miss what you never had. Prior to 1939, I would imagine that fans listening on the radio were happier than a pig in ****.

Years ago when dinosaurs roamed the land and all people had were radios to listen to, it must have been a bitch not knowing what your team looked like...:rolleyes:

You're talking about baseball---

Apples and oranges ol' chum.

The NFL is a product of the tv age.

The first game was telecast in 1939

Who owned a tv set in 1939? That's a ridiculous point.

Even the NFL recognizes it's own history; watch any documentary on the NFL and they always use the Giants vs Colts championship game of 1958--- BROADCAST ON NATIONAL TV--- as the launching pad of the league. This is common knowledge.

The first game was telecast in 1939...you don't miss what you never had. Prior to 1939, I would imagine that fans listening on the radio were happier than a pig in ****.

I didn't say TV was older than football. I said it was older than the NFL.

And I will stick with what I said. Football on the radio sucks, baseball on the radio is pretty good. It is no coincidence that as TV replaced radio as the national media football replaced baseball as the national sport.

Who owned a tv set in 1939? That's a ridiculous point.

Even the NFL recognizes it's own history; watch any documentary on the NFL and they always use the Giants vs Colts championship game of 1958--- BROADCAST ON NATIONAL TV--- as the launching pad of the league. This is common knowledge.

My point was missed by you...I think it's ridiculous to base your support on whether you catch the Jets on the tube or not. Living in Florida, how many Jets games do you think I got to watch before NFL Sunday ticket?

I didn't say TV was older than football. I said it was older than the NFL.

And I will stick with what I said. Football on the radio sucks, baseball on the radio is pretty good. It is no coincidence that as TV replaced radio as the national media football replaced baseball as the national sport.

You are missing my point...of course football is a million times better than listening to it on the radio...all I'm saying is, you shouldn't be swayed into not supporting your team if they are blacked out...there are other ways to follow your team...I did it for years before the NFL ticket was available.

You are missing my point...of course football is a million times better than listening to it on the radio...all I'm saying is, you shouldn't be swayed into not supporting your team if they are blacked out...there are other ways to follow your team...I did it for years before the NFL ticket was available.

To some extent it will happen. New York has two teams. And while both the Giants and Jets have some diehard fans that hate the other New York team, it also has a fair amount of fans that root for both/which ever team is having a better season.

Also for me personally, if given the choice of listening to the Patriots on the radio or watching two teams I don't care about on TV, I would rather watch a game on TV than follow one I care more about on the radio.

You are kidding I hope. Because of blackouts, you would disown the Jets? You can't be a fan of this team that long I'm guessing or not nearly as knee deep in green s hit as many of us are.

I'm not saying you personally, but I think Jets fans in general are not being completely honest with themselves if they say that this organization doesn't make it harder and harder on their fanbase to continue an allegience to a team that is fast becoming a one way street.

To some extent it will happen. New York has two teams. And while both the Giants and Jets have some diehard fans that hate the other New York team, it also has a fair amount of fans that root for both/which ever team is having a better season.

So now Blackout constitutes a "fair amount of fans"?

I'm not saying you personally, but I think Jets fans in general are not being completely honest with themselves if they say that this organization doesn't make it harder and harder on their fanbase to continue an allegience to a team that is fast becoming a one way street.

I dont understand this?

Rex personally called out the fans last season and got them involved. Fireman Ed was honored at some ceremony where he got a ball.

Yes, it cost more to go to games now but what doesnt cost a lot in NYC? The NFL is the primo sport in the country and they are cashing in like any business would. I wouldn't be surprised to see pay per view post season NFL games in my lifetime.

I dont understand this?

Rex personally called out the fans last season and got them involved. Fireman Ed was honored at some ceremony where he got a ball.

Yes, it cost more to go to games now but what doesnt cost a lot in NYC? The NFL is the primo sport in the country and they are cashing in like any business would. I wouldn't be surprised to see pay per view post season NFL games in my lifetime.

A man and his wife owned a very special goose. Every day the goose would lay a golden egg, which made the couple very rich.

"Just think," said the man's wife, "If we could have all the golden eggs that are inside the goose, we could be richer much faster."

"You're right," said her husband, "We wouldn't have to wait for the goose to lay her egg every day."

So, the couple killed the goose and cut her open, only to find that she was just like every other goose.

She had no golden eggs inside of her at all, and they had no more golden eggs.

A man and his wife owned a very special goose. Every day the goose would lay a golden egg, which made the couple very rich.

"Just think," said the man's wife, "If we could have all the golden eggs that are inside the goose, we could be richer much faster."

"You're right," said her husband, "We wouldn't have to wait for the goose to lay her egg every day."

So, the couple killed the goose and cut her open, only to find that she was just like every other goose.

She had no golden eggs inside of her at all, and they had no more golden eggs.

Geese are full of something but it aint gold.

Archived