use jenkins and greene sparingly thru out the regular season

ylekram

with the way the jets are stacked coming into the 2010 season,it is not unrealistic to expect a deep playoff run in 2010.i know alot hinges on sanchez's developement as a second year qb.

however,the jets defense did not miss a beat(or a very small one)when jenkins got injured.pouha did a fine job at nose,but lets not confuse the talents of pouha and jenkins.no comparison.also,the jets running game was strong when tj was toting the rock.i dont see much drop off between tj and lt.

could you imaging a 100%fresh, ready to go jenkins in the middle and greene running the ball entering week 14?

use jenkins sparingly(more snaps in afc games)and beat the hell out of lt for majority of the season.then bam!!smack the hell out of tired teams at the end of the season and playoffs with fresh jenkins and greene

It would be great if the Jets could have a stellar start to the year and possibly have a playoff spot or even division title or bye all but locked up heading into the last few weeks of play. Then, maybe we could rest our big guys and have them fresh for the playoffs. But, the way this year is shaping up I think we are going to need every last win we can get to get in this year. Pitt will be back stronger this year,Balt. looks to be improved, then you have SD and NE, and Indy as always. Add in Houston, Cinn, Tenn, and maybe a surprise team, and it looks like it could be very tight come weeks 15-17.

i like how jets fans are so overrating the team we are already talking about resting the starters

hey Max you were doing research about SOJ?

SOJ is expecting 14-2 and getting 7-9.

LOL.

Yeah I am gathering some info to put to use in a creative purpose. Hopefully my theory about this not being the same old Jets is correct.

with the way the jets are stacked coming into the 2010 season,it is not unrealistic to expect a deep playoff run in 2010.i know alot hinges on sanchez's developement as a second year qb.

however,the jets defense did not miss a beat(or a very small one)when jenkins got injured.pouha did a fine job at nose,but lets not confuse the talents of pouha and jenkins.no comparison.also,the jets running game was strong when tj was toting the rock.i dont see much drop off between tj and lt.

could you imaging a 100%fresh, ready to go jenkins in the middle and greene running the ball entering week 14?

use jenkins sparingly(more snaps in afc games)and beat the hell out of lt for majority of the season.then bam!!smack the hell out of tired teams at the end of the season and playoffs with fresh jenkins and greene

LOL!!!

This is a fantastic idea. I hope the Jets coaching staff does exactly this.

It would be great if the Jets could have a stellar start to the year and possibly have a playoff spot or even division title or bye all but locked up heading into the last few weeks of play. Then, maybe we could rest our big guys and have them fresh for the playoffs. But, the way this year is shaping up I think we are going to need every last win we can get to get in this year. Pitt will be back stronger this year,Balt. looks to be improved, then you have SD and NE, and Indy as always. Add in Houston, Cinn, Tenn, and maybe a surprise team, and it looks like it could be very tight come weeks 15-17.

Meh, Pitt is going to have a hard coming back stronger this year with Big Ben missing some time...but overall you are right. This will not be an easy road to the playoffs. We have big target on our back and a tough schedule.

Meh, Pitt is going to have a hard coming back stronger this year with Big Ben missing some time...but overall you are right. This will not be an easy road to the playoffs. We have big target on our back and a tough schedule.

I don't even care if it is an easy road to the playoffs. If that's the case we still have to play for home field. If we're guaranteed the one seed they can rest. Not likely. Maybe not give Greene a ton of carries, particularly if games seem in hand, but otherwise **** it. Let 'em play.

I'm almost rooting more for the epic collapse than I am a superbowl.

so ur rooting against the jets this season just to fill ur need to have everyone be dissapointed so you can tell everyone "i told you so haha"? You sound more like a dolphag troll than a jets fan with that attitude.

You people are talking like we're guaranteed a playoff spot. For christs sake, we backed in last year.

but we did so in a 'rebuilding' year. Now that we have the pieces of the puzzle why not put it together? I expect the jets to win the division, hence why i expect them to be in the playoffs.

Sparingly? Probably not.

But both players are going to be part of platoons this year, with the idea being to keep them both fresh as long as possible. They know they have a player in Pouha now, and he's going to see the field. Greene is a two down back, and LT will probably come close to matching his number of touches. I wouldn't be surprised if they try to work McKnight in as a receiver to take the load off of LT as the season wears on, either.

They won't do anything extra to rest these guys when any game's conclusion is still in doubt, but they're going to be smart with them. This is not a concern.

WE need Greene in there to win games. Until proven otherwise I have no faith in LT, and unfortunately we don't have a Leon on our roster.

McKnight might become a "Leon" next year but not this year.

No point in saving guys if we don't get in, lets worry about that part first.

+1 one of my biggest worries is how Greene is going to hold up. I really have no faith in the guys behind him, Greene is going to carry the load this year, now Jenkins being used sparingly I can understand.

Hahaha! Resting your starters in weeks 1-13! Classic! This is so classic! Maybe the Colts will sit Manning down until the important games. Maybe the Heat will rest LeBron till March. Haha! I can't get over how funny this thread is.

Naw, we actually want our starting RB to finish a season. Which I guess is an unkown concept to sick note Ronnie Brown.

It sounds good, but no one will be 100% fresh going into week 14. However, we need to make sure that Pouha gets ALOT of reps this season. I think Jenkins being as fresh as possible is more of a key than Greene being just as fresh...and I say that because if the opponent cant score then they cant win. Also Greene is younger and his body is fresher overall.

I dont want to make it seem like Greene's health is a non-issue, it definately is, however, we only had him and TJ. TJ was ran down by post season and Greene got injured late, we didnt have our "3rd" option. Thats not the case now. We have LT, Greene and McKnight. I think that getting all three to the playoffs healthy is more important than just Greene's health. I honestly believe that if Greene didnt get hurt in the Colts game or if Leon was available to play instead of a run down Jones we would have made it to the Superbowl.

We used Jenkins sparingly until he got hurt. I'm sure he will be somewhat limited during the regular season again this year. Greene and LT are both our number 1 backs, so hopefully they both aren't banged up by the time the playoffs come around. We will see what Greene can do playing a 16 game season (hopefully) rather than what was a 13 game season last year.

all i am saying is,they did fine without them last year.limit their reps during non afc games if things are going their way early on
I would like to think we could do better than 9-7 and need less "help" getting into the post season with them. :rolleyes:

so ur rooting against the jets this season just to fill ur need to have everyone be dissapointed so you can tell everyone "i told you so haha"? You sound more like a dolphag troll than a jets fan with that attitude.

but we did so in a 'rebuilding' year. Now that we have the pieces of the puzzle why not put it together? I expect the jets to win the division, hence why i expect them to be in the playoffs.

But I didn't tell you anything.

Archived