Terrell Owens

Thor99

If Cotchery,Edwards or Holmes goes down with an injury. Id much rather have T.O than Clowney or some other slug. If T.O is willing to be happy with his role and not worry about being the primetime guy here then its a good insurance move.

We already know this isn't going to happen, if any of those guys you mentioned get hurt, other guys have to step up. This team doesn't need a T.O., especially with a young QB that seems to have a confidence issues at times and guys wanting new contracts....not to mention the HBO reality garbage too.

No Thanks!

We already know this isn't going to happen, if any of those guys you mentioned get hurt, other guys have to step up. This team doesn't need a T.O., especially with a young QB that seems to have a confidence issues at times and guys wanting new contracts....not to mention the HBO reality garbage too.

No Thanks!

Really what else that crystal ball telling you? What other guys will step up?

2 questions you need to answer.

If Cotchery,Edwards or Holmes goes down with an injury. Id much rather have T.O than Clowney or some other slug. If T.O is willing to be happy with his role and not worry about being the primetime guy here then its a good insurance move.

TO is not going to be happy with his role, get serious.

Plus, he's an awful fit for this team. He can't be the 4th WR or WR insurance.

The 4th WR on a team is usually a minimal salary guy who also plays special teams. TO won't be either. Right there you've lost roster flexibility.

Second, TO gets better when he has more balls thrown to him. That's not going to happen as a 4th WR.

So you'll have an old, overpaid, underperforming, roster spot clogging WR who is also a bona fide locker room cancer.

I don't care if TO is a great guy, he's a horrible fit for the Jets.

This is all Drew Rosenhaus nonsense.

Awesome. He would be a perfect fit for our cast of characters.

Maybe HBO can extend Hard Knocks to cover the whole season.

:rl:

Signing this greedy pos would be a huge mistake. he drops A LOT of balls and is a cancer. amd Rex would be the worst coach for this scenario. he would let TO do whatever he wants.

Really what else that crystal ball telling you? What other guys will step up?

2 questions you need to answer.

We don't know until they get a chance, we already know what we get with TO, let him pair up with Ochocinco and continue that foolery over there.

This has 0% chance of happening. I can just see the meeting taking place now:

Terrell Owens arrives to meet with Mike Tannenbaum.

TO: What kind of role do you see for me on this team?

Mikey T: Well Terrell, we think you'd be a great fit as our #4 WR. Well, really the #5 option if you count Dustin Keller. Maybe #6 if you count LT.

Mikey T: But you would get to move up while Santonio Holmes is on suspension.

Mikey T: Terrell, where are you going?

TO leaves.

THE END

If he can manage his prima dona side (much like with what Randy Moss did with the Pats) I would DEFINITELY be interested in this! Imagine Holmes/Edwards/Owens/Cotchery/Keller/LT

If LT and Owens panned out, I think Mark Sanchez honestly could have a Pro Bowl season, purely because of the talent handed to him.

you sometiems actually have to be able to play qb in order to have a good qb season..sanchez just isnt that good of a qb regardless of who he is throwing too.

:rl:

Signing this greedy pos would be a huge mistake. he drops A LOT of balls and is a cancer. amd Rex would be the worst coach for this scenario. he would let TO do whatever he wants.

Not to mention, he would take playing time from The Clown. This circus does not need another clown.

You guys sign T.O. how the in hell are people gonna deal with Holmes,Edwards,Cotch and T.O. If it is truly Superbowl or bust for the Jets this year they should do it.

Exactly. If not, it's not like it's a huge risk, considering we could cut him at any time.

Owens still has it and ur blind if u dont think so, too bad theres no room for 4 of them. indy has wayne garcon clark collie and gonzalez.. not relevant but just sayin

Exactly it already looks like SUPER BOWL or BUST. So why not add T.O.

I agree with most that this has almost no chance of happening (though we said this about Favre too).

But if it DID happen, I'd like to see it go down like this:

* T.O. signs on and is given, essentially, the # 2 WR slot across from Braylon until after week 4 when Holmes comes back from suspension.

* After week 4, we trade T.O. to the Rams, who by then will undoubtedly have Sam Bradford behind center (if, that is, he isn't starting over A.J. Feely from the get-go) and will have even more incentive to acquire him after finding out their receivers can't get open for their young QB. A 6th or 7th rounder will do.

The Rams have expressed interest in T.O. but have been unable to draw him in due to the fact that the Bengals are putting up the best offer currently, and he likely wants to play for a winner.

Thus, we get what we need out of T.O., and by trading him after that, it keeps him away from the Bengals (who, let's face it, are more dangerous with T.O. than a banged up Antonio Bryant across from Ocho Cinco) and the rest of the conference.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5412850

The New York Jets, who once traded for Brett Favre and signed LaDainian Tomlinson this offseason, now are exploring the idea of signing Terrell Owens, according to league sources.

The Jets have contacted Owens' agent, Drew Rosenhaus, and have debated the idea of bringing the high-profile wide receiver to training camp.

A deal between the Jets and Owens still is considered a longshot; one person estimated the Jets' chances at signing the high-profile wide receiver at "20 percent."

Ultimately, this is similar to the situation in which the Jets contacted quarterback JaMarcus Russell but never signed him. Still, the Jets are debating Owens' acquistion as head coach Rex Ryan wants any player that improves the team's chances of winning.

The Cincinnati Bengals remain the favorite to sign Owens. The Bengals are offering an incentive-laden contract and they have told Owens he has until Wednesday to agree to a deal.

Even so, now that the Jets have made contact with Owens, the receiver has options in the days ahead.

I love it. This is what I've been waiting for. Not the potential signing of TO part. But finally checking on every player to see if they can help this team. A good gm and coach evaluates each position on a regular basis and if they find someone better, not just on the field, but locker room, and heart. If they find someone available then kick the tires and see.

I agree with most that this has almost no chance of happening (though we said this about Favre too).

But if it DID happen, I'd like to see it go down like this:

* T.O. signs on and is given, essentially, the # 2 WR slot across from Braylon until after week 4 when Holmes comes back from suspension.

* After week 4, we trade T.O. to the Rams, who by then will undoubtedly have Sam Bradford behind center (if, that is, he isn't starting over A.J. Feely from the get-go) and will have even more incentive to acquire him after finding out their receivers can't get open for their young QB. A 6th or 7th rounder will do.

The Rams have expressed interest in T.O. but have been unable to draw him in due to the fact that the Bengals are putting up the best offer currently, and he likely wants to play for a winner.

Thus, we get what we need out of T.O., and by trading him after that, it keeps him away from the Bengals (who, let's face it, are more dangerous with T.O. than a banged up Antonio Bryant across from Ocho Cinco) and the rest of the conference.

i like the plan but 2 comments.

1. i'm sure TO has thought about the possibility of being unloaded as soon as smoketonio returns and will factor that into his decision; and

2. antonio bryant is one of my major fantasy sleepers this year

There's never been a bigger douchebag in the nfl, and i be darnedif i'm gonna set here and wish he was with our team. Why would you want to risk tearing down the chemistry we have before we really make the noise we want? :confused:

exactly. Rex is a dumbass when it comes to character and cohesiveness in the lockeroom.

Really? Because all reports say his players love him and there's never been any serious issues with either character or cohesion in the locker room under Rex's watch. What are you talking about?

Why would you want to risk tearing down the chemistry we have before we really make the noise we want? :confused:

We thought Braylon Edwards would hurt our chemistry and he was a saint last year. Meanwhile, Santonio Holmes, Antonio Cromartie, and LT have said and done all the right things since they've arrived despite some baggage. The only guy that's really caused any trouble since Rex got here has been home-grown Darrelle Revis.

We weren't afraid of "tearing down chemistry" by letting go of Thomas Jones and Alan Faneca (something previous mediocre regimes would have refused to do and instead signed to extensions), so why wouldn't we consider T.O.?

TO will cost at most $4 mill this year and that's if he hits insane incentives.

wow great call! he just signed with bungles for $2 mill base and $2 mill possible incentives - how do you do it!!!

Archived