Jenkins cleared

Jetfan13

Jets | Kris Jenkins cleared to practice

Comment (0)

Wed, 04 Aug 2010 08:07:39 -0400

The New York Jets have cleared DL Kris Jenkins (hamstring) to practice Wednesday, Aug. 4, according to Rich Cimini, of ESPNNewYork.com. Jenkins will be removed from the active Physically Unable to Perform list.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz0veTocHCf

Jets | Kris Jenkins cleared to practice

Comment (0)

Wed, 04 Aug 2010 08:07:39 -0400

The New York Jets have cleared DL Kris Jenkins (hamstring) to practice Wednesday, Aug. 4, according to Rich Cimini, of ESPNNewYork.com. Jenkins will be removed from the active Physically Unable to Perform list.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz0veTocHCf

yea he took a few snaps and then proceeded to his normal TC spot; the sideline bike

IDK Ec-it looks like Matt Clausen might be the guy-he's a Callahan guy too and has been in the system for what 3 years now...

I think his last name is Slauson, but I agree with you, Callahan coached him at Nebraska, and he has more exeperience in the system. So I do not think it is beyond the realm of possibility that he gets the start

I think his last name is Slauson, but I agree with you, Callahan coached him at Nebraska, and he has more exeperience in the system. So I do not think it is beyond the realm of possibility that he gets the start

yup lucky I got that close

Big Jenks returns

Updated: Aug 04, 2010 12:46 PM

By Roderick Boone

Kris Jenkins is all the way back. Well, sorta.

The massive, yet more slender, defensive tackle was taken off the active/PUP list today and practiced for the first time since training camp commenced Monday. Jenkins, who's coming off that left ACL surgery and was nursing a hamstring injury, did a little bit of work in minicamp, though not much.

So today was another one of those milestones for the The Cookie Monster.(love it SFJ)

"I'm not trying to toot my own horn or anything," Jenkins said, "but I've always had a overinflated confidence in myself. I just felt confident that I was going to be able to bounce back because I've been through the surgery before with the right knee and I handled that well. I knew that I'm not at Mark Brunell's age yet and my body can recover fairly quickly.

"So, that's something that's been good. I knew what I had to do, stuck to the plan. Now that I'm 31, it takes a little bit longer. But it's not that much from when I did my right one."

Jenkins did individual work and also participated in just the running drills during the team portions because he didn't want to do the quick sprinting and twisting that would be necessary in team passing drills. Putting too much of a strain on his knee wouldn't be a good thing, especially because he knows he has to also knock of that rust.

"I have some things to work on," Jenkins said. "I have to work on getting my pads lower, I have to work on just getting my balance back and everything like that. But I've got Nick Mangold, I've got Matt Slauson, I've got Brandon Moore. I've got a lot of guys that are over there playing hard and they are going to get me back.

"I know they are going to challenge me and I know definitely with the guys on the D-Line, we always push each other and I have all the support that I need."

Rex Ryan said the plan is to be smart with guys like Jenkins and not push them too much. The idea, obviously, is to have him around for the grueling six-month stretch the Jets are embarking on.

"You can be in shape, you can have all that stuff," Ryan said, "but let's face it:: he hasn't had the pads on now for a long time. And he went out there getting the double teams, he split a couple of teams. He got high one time on Mangold on a reach. But it was fun just to watch him play. He's moving great. He looks terrific, and again, his weight's down. But it was like, 'Wow.' I thought he'd be a little more tentative and it's just the opposite.

"It was just like he was riding a bike and it's great to see."

Jenkins, though, doesn't want to be babied too much and he had visions of practicing again later today, when the Jets hit the field for their 4:20 p.m. session. On the other hand, he also knows he has to play it safe.

"I'm going to go out," he said. "It's going to be a situation that I'm going to be smart with it and everything. But I'm going to go out and do as much work as I can and just keep building on it. You have to understand that this training camp is a marathon, not a sprint. I'm not trying to be at full go tomorrow.

"I'm trying to be at full go for Baltimore. So that's the thing. Whatever I have to do to be smart to get to that, then that's what I'm going to do. It's just a little bit a time, we'll be smart. We'll work it out."

Yes, Revis has looked far more impressive in camp to date.

I heard he's been making acrobatic INT's and tackling like no other...oh wait...that wasnt him...that was some other dude in that finds valuing in participating with the team.

Yes, Revis has looked far more impressive in camp to date.

Revis being in shape isnt really a concern. His level at play in week 16 isnt any different than week 1.

If Jenkins is on the field Week 16, the Jets have struck the lottery.

Revis being in shape isnt really a concern. His level at play in week 16 isnt any different than week 1.

If Jenkins is on the field Week 16, the Jets have struck the lottery.

Did the Jets strike the lottery in 2008? Or what about the Panthers is 06 and 07?

Did the Jets strike the lottery in 2008? Or what about the Panthers is 06 and 07?

This truly is the most absurd thing. This constant talk about Jenkins supposedly being injury prone, and it gets more ridiculous every time you hear it. Some people would have you believe it would be a miracle if Jenkins makes it to week 1. And it is all based on next to nothing. All it takes is one person to say it and everyone just mindlessly repeats it as if it is fact. The guy went 3 straight years without missing a game before last year and has played all 16 games in 6 of his 9 years in the NFL.

poster on another board says Slauson stoned Jenks in 1 on 1's in PM practice

is that good or bad news?

For Slauson it’s good news. Even if Jenks has lost some mobility he’s still going to be powerful. If Slauson can stone Jenkins power, that’s a very good sign

Archived