ZERO cornerback depth

Lord help us, we have zero depth on the corners! Tonight reminded me of the Colts championship game. Unkown little knat receivers running wild in our secondary. What a disgrace! Lowery, Coles and Coleman are HORRIBLE.

Lord help us, we have zero depth on the corners! Tonight reminded me of the Colts championship game. Unkown little knat receivers running wild in our secondary. What a disgrace! Lowery, Coles and Coleman are HORRIBLE.

wow could not agree more. our 2s and 3s looked really bad.

Damn, even Laveranues was thrown in there? Rex really is getting desperate.

The Giants only completed 2 passes when starters were in (when Lowery was covering the slot). When Lowery became the #1 in the 3rd, then things got nasty. However, I HIGHLY doubt both Cro, WIlson, AND Revis ALL get hurt during the season and Lowery has to start (yes, I'm assuming Revis will be here by week one).

This couldn't be more true.

I've heard that your #4 -6 corners have to be the best players on your team

Awesome.

I've never in my life seen a fanbase so freaked out about their #4 starting CB in my life. With the starters in the game, Eli had nothing.

I'm not concerned.

I'm not concerned.

I'm sorry, but I think one kind of has to be concerned. The Colts' schedule as compared to the rest of the AFC contenders basically mandates that a trip to the Super Bowl requires a playoff win at Indy. We can't afford to put a weak link out there, and of all the things that could force us to do so -- Cromartie's variance, Wilson's inexperience, injuries, etc. -- depth is the one thing we can actually address. Lowery can't cover and Coleman is a midget and there was never any reason to expect that either of these circumstances would change. Peyton Manning smokes the devil you know so you might as well try anything else.

I'm sorry, but I think one kind of has to be concerned. The Colts' schedule as compared to the rest of the AFC contenders basically mandates that a trip to the Super Bowl requires a playoff win at Indy. We can't afford to put a weak link out there, and of all the things that could force us to do so -- Cromartie's variance, Wilson's inexperience, injuries, etc. -- depth is the one thing we can actually address. Lowery can't cover and Coleman is a midget and there was never any reason to expect that either of these circumstances would change. Peyton Manning smokes the devil you know so you might as well try anything else.

I'm really not...it was one game and yes they looked awful, but I'm not going to get worked up over it yet. Come pre3, if this persists...then I'm worried, a bit. Cuz the other thing to consider is they were playing with a bunch of guys battling for a roster spot in front of them and werent getting the pressure they do with our starting from 7/8.

Lowery was in good position on most of those plays, Cruz just made outstanding adjustments and great catches. Coleman was the one that just got flat out burned.

Now I understand the trip to Indy in the playoffs, I'm just hoping our offense has improved enough to keep us on the field as well as put up more points. Hopefully that pos JT, a healthy Big Jenk and another year in the system for the returning front 7/8 can get better at disrupting Peyton and make it a little easier on the Lowery's of the world.

I agree that Lowery and Coleman suck.

BUT, I wonder if the front 7 played a part in it last night.

The thing is, Lowery & Coleman will only get into real games with the Jets 1st unit front 7 in, so their suckitude can be masked a bit. Yes, Peyton in a dome exploited that last year, but Coleman & Lowery still contributed even without Jenks.

The point is, the Jets CB depth is a real issue when the front 7 is hurting. With the front 7 playing it will be harder to exploit the Suck Twins.

Lowery isn`t as bad as everyone makes him out to be. I think his only problem is that he never makes plays on the ball(in man coverage),but he`s always in position to do so. It`s like hes playing not to get beat, which in fact is why he has gotten beat many times over.

Lowery isn`t as bad as everyone makes him out to be. I think his only problem is that he never makes plays on the ball(in man coverage),but he`s always in position to do so. It`s like hes playing not to get beat, which in fact is why he has gotten beat many times over.

Might be something to this. Lowery's first few games as a rookie were his best. The usual explanation is he lost his confidence when Mangini yelled at him.

He routinely got toasted by an drafted rookie from UMass.

The tape doesn't lie.

He routinely got toasted by an drafted rookie from UMass.

The tape doesn't lie.

Com`mon really? The all might "Mevis" could gaurd againts those pass cathes. The first one The undrafted rookie had his hands all over Lowery`s face mask followed by a spectacular carch,and the second was a perfect pass,and catch play. Ok? Now Coleman was just burnt toast.

Com`mon really? The all might "Mevis" could gaurd againts those pass cathes. The first one The undrafted rookie had his hands all over Lowery`s face mask followed by a spectacular carch,and the second was a perfect pass,and catch play. Ok? Now Coleman was just burnt toast.

Lowery has failed to show me that ANYTHING has changed since the Colts game.

He's just not good at preventing receivers from catching the ball. As an NFL CORNERBACK, that's kind of a prerequisite.

Archived