Tom Brady on Hard Knocks:

THE ILK

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/23/tom-brady-on-hard-knocks-i-hate-the-jets-i-refuse-to-watch-the-show/

HBO's Hard Knocks is off to one of its most entertaining seasons yet. But the show doesn't interest the leader of the Jets' biggest rival to the East.

"You know, I haven't turned it on," Brady said on WEEI this morning, via the Boston Herald. "I hate the Jets. I refuse to support that show. . . . I'm sure it's great TV and I'm glad people are liking it. But that's something I have no interest in watching. I'd love to say a lot of mean things, too, but I'd rather not do that, either."

Because the Jets help to provide a lot of fluffy trash talking posts that don't amount to much, we also wanted to mention Brady's comments on what's changed about the Patriots offense. Brady says the team is going back to basics.

"What we've done is tear down a lot of the stuff we've done. Our basic offense or whatever, whatever number of core plays, that's what we've been doing. Trying to become really good at that before we start branching off. Guys like Randy [Moss], Wes [Welker], they've branched into everything. A lot of the young guys, they don't even know the other two playbooks that we have. They know one. And they're doing that well."

The Patriots will add wrinkles to the offense as they go, but Brady's comments support the notion that they will go back to their traditional two tight end sets a lot more this year.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This isn't the first time he's said he hated the Jets.

It's expected.

Mind you, the Jets get criticized for "talking" but they've never said they hated the Pats or anyother team. The media and rival fans criticizing the Jets probably don't understand the difference between saying "I'm good" and "You all suck."

It's expected.

Mind you, the Jets get criticized for "talking" but they've never said they hated the Pats or anyother team. The media and rival fans criticizing the Jets probably don't understand the difference between saying "I'm good" and "You all suck."

No, they don't.

I like that Brady hates the Jets, it makes the buildup to each game that much better. It also means that the rivalry is back - the Jets were the Patriots doormat for the better part of a decade, it's time the Jets turn the tables and sweep the Pats this year.

He's not whining. He just saying how he feels. He hates the Jets. He has said it before. I bet many of the Jets hate the Pats. It's not personal, it's football. Brady's good friends with Izzo....so it's not the players, it's the uniform :) Guess what, the Jets aren't the only ones that play up to their fanbase either, you know. LOL!

I do find it interesting that it upsets so many of you though.

So you agree that Brady is a bitch with gay hair?

No. I don't think he's a bitch at all. I think his hair looks like sh*t. I mean, if your going long - go for it....not this shaggy thing he's got going on.

I think this stuff is kind of fun. Puts a little spicey mustard on the rivalry. Nothing wrong with that. It's football. A game. Smack talk. Competition. Yadda, yadda, yadda.

No. I don't think he's a bitch at all. I think his hair looks like sh*t. I mean, if your going long - go for it....not this shaggy thing he's got going on.

I think this stuff is kind of fun. Puts a little spicey mustard on the rivalry. Nothing wrong with that. It's football. A game. Smack talk. Competition. Yadda, yadda, yadda.

All of a sudden its fun.

But when its Rex, its 'loud mouth blowhard'...

It's expected.

The Pats probably hate us for something a bit deeper than we hate them. I'm sure we come off as pretty gd douchey to an outsider. I can barely stand the douche-ness of last year's talk and I actually really like the Jets...

I'm the first guy to MF the Jets for being trash-talking asses, but that season the Pats spent running up scores on every team they played was the single most despicable offense to sportsmanship I've ever seen. Tom Osbourne type sh*t. Brady can hate the Jets for a lot of reasons, but being dicks isn't one of them.

I'm the first guy to MF the Jets for being trash-talking asses, but that season the Pats spent running up scores on every team they played was the single most despicable offense to sportsmanship I've ever seen. Tom Osbourne type sh*t. Brady can hate the Jets for a lot of reasons, but being dicks isn't one of them.

Seriously. Tom Brady hates the Jets for being loudmouths and talking up their own team?

I hate Tom Brady because he's a fraud whose entire career is based on a lie.

The Pats probably hate us for something a bit deeper than we hate them. I'm sure we come off as pretty gd douchey to an outsider. I can barely stand the douche-ness of last year's talk and I actually really like the Jets...

What is really interesting is when you hear ex-Patriots talking about what team they hate the most, it's always the Jets. Grogan, Nelson, Brock. Shoot, long-time Bill - Smerlas - makes no sceret that he hates the Jets. Your very own Jason Taylor hated the Jets forever - now that he's on the payroll, he swallows his pride. Anyway, I rather doubt they hate the players - or Jets - my guess is that they hate the fans. The chant. The jeers. I recall Nelson saying how he would get pelted with batteries at the meadowlands.

Archived