Are the Steelers retarded?

Jetsfan80

And no, I don't just mean they're retarded for trading Holmes to us for a 5th. I'm talking about why Dennis Dixon will be their week 1 starter.

You can't win without decent QB play, and Dixon = Pat White, except that Pat White was at least a decent college QB. I don't know why the hell they aren't going with Charlie Batch. All Dixon is capable of at the pro level is gadget plays.

So what will the Steelers strategy be? Lots and lots of Rashard Mendenhall, and, hopefully for them, limiting Dixon to about 10-15 attempted passes a game.

The Falcons in Week 1, even at home, isn't a very good draw for Dixon's first true NFL experience, either.

The Steelers need to quit screwing around and put Batch under center.

And no, I don't just mean they're retarded for trading Holmes to us for a 5th. I'm talking about why Dennis Dixon will be their week 1 starter.

You can't win without decent QB play, and Dixon = Pat White, except that Pat White was at least a decent college QB. I don't know why the hell they aren't going with Charlie Batch. All Dixon is capable of at the pro level is gadget plays.

So what will the Steelers strategy be? Lots and lots of Rashard Mendenhall, and, hopefully for them, limiting Dixon to about 10-15 attempted passes a game.

The Falcons in Week 1, even at home, isn't a very good draw for Dixon's first true NFL experience, either.

Dennis Dixon >>>>>>>> Pat White

Some fun facts about about Dixon:

1) Dixon started his final 2 years at Oregon. During his freshman and sophomore seasons, the starting QB at Oregon was?....Kellen Clemens.

2) Dixon is wearing the # 10 for the Steelers. The last player to wear that number for the Steelers?......Santonio Holmes.

3) Dennis Dixon is terrible and will lead the Steelers to a 1-3 start. Fortunately, he will do just enough to beat Tampa Bay in Week 3. If the dude was so great it shouldn't have taken Ben raping a girl, Leftwich getting hurt and Batch being ancient for him to get on the field in his 3rd season. He should have the # 2 job by the balls by now.

If Dixon didn't tear his ACL in the game against the than #6 ranked sun devils, which they won, he would have lead that team to a BCS berth and possible national championship. He was the sure fire Heisman winner and was leading the #2 ranked ducks towards greatness. He reminded me so much of Vince Young that season that I was pretty-heartbroken when he went down the following week at Arizona. To me, he was the best college football player all year long. I'm not a betting man, but i see him leading the steelers to a solid 2-2 record, the kid is a gamer.

If Dixon didn't tear his ACL in the game against the than #6 ranked sun devils, which they won, he would have lead that team to a BCS berth and possible national championship. He was the sure fire Heisman winner and was leading the #2 ranked ducks towards greatness. He reminded me so much of Vince Young that season that I was pretty-heartbroken when he went down the following week at Arizona. To me, he was the best college football player all year long. I'm not a betting man, but i see him leading the steelers to a solid 2-2 record, the kid is a gamer.

Lot of truth to this post. OU was really poised for a run when he went down. Memory serves correctly they actually beat Sanchez and Co to boot that year.

The Falcons in Week 1, even at home, isn't a very good draw for Dixn's first true NFL experience, either.

Yep, the Steelers are retarded. They haven't had a losing record in a decade, have won two super bowls and made it to the conference championship two other times in that span. Last year, while our precious Jets were "within 30 minutes of the super bowl" the Steelers had an off year in a tough division and finished with the same record. Do you remember that they won 13 games with Kordell Stewart at QB? I assume he was already ahead of Batch last season since he got the start vs. Baltimore.

I'm hoping the Jets are this retarded.

The Steelers have won more Super Bowls in the past 6 years than the Jets have in the past 40.

I also think they know what they were doing with Holmes. He's Donte Stallworth 2.0...good but not someone I think is a true #1 nor does he have true #1 upside.

I think the real reason Holmes was so cheap is he is on his second strike already in the eyes of Roger Goodell. One more and it could be a year out of football and most sports careers are killed by that. Also some Steeler fans say Limas Sweed is better than the rest of the world knows.

As to the OP's question, don't forget mobility. BB could cover up for that line with his mobility, the only other mobile QB on the roster is Dixon and he's a speed merchant at the QB position. He buys and sells speed.

Some fun facts about about Dixon:

1) Dixon started his final 2 years at Oregon. During his freshman and sophomore seasons, the starting QB at Oregon was?....Kellen Clemens.

2) Dixon is wearing the # 10 for the Steelers. The last player to wear that number for the Steelers?......Santonio Holmes.

3) Dennis Dixon is terrible and will lead the Steelers to a 1-3 start. Fortunately, he will do just enough to beat Tampa Bay in Week 3. If the dude was so great it shouldn't have taken Ben raping a girl, Leftwich getting hurt and Batch being ancient for him to get on the field in his 3rd season. He should have the # 2 job by the balls by now.

Someone doesn't stay up and watch west coast college football games. If Dixon had not torn his ACL, he would have been talked about as a first or second round pick. Dennis Dixon can play. I don't know if he is ready, but he has the ability to be an NFL QB.

The Steelers have won more Super Bowls in the past 6 years than the Jets have in the past 40.

I also think they know what they were doing with Holmes. He's Donte Stallworth 2.0...good but not someone I think is a true #1 nor does he have true #1 upside.

I have to say I think your nuts... I believe Holmes is going to be our best WR and still have a 1,000 yard season in 12 games!!

Dennis Dixon was a great college qb. Would have been up for the heisman and Oregan may have played in national championship his sr. year if he didn't get hurt.

He is alot better than P. White. He can throw the ball.

Leftwich got hurt. I'd say not bad for a 3rd stringer.

And the Steeler organization is the best in the NFL.

I'm talking about why Dennis Dixon will be their week 1 starter.

You can't win without decent QB play

And you can't get decent QB play if the QB is dead. Because they have Ben, the line is entirely built to run block. They can't pass protect at all. Rush avoidance is the most important qualification for the job and that's why it's Dixon's. Frankly I think they're retarded for even considering Leftwich in the first place. I literally cannot think of a worse fit.

I have to say I think your nuts... I believe Holmes is going to be our best WR and still have a 1,000 yard season in 12 games!!

... exactly!!! .. .hope you're right ... i had a choice in my fantasy league of holmes or edwards ... i rolled the dice taking the hit for the 1st 4 weeks for the chance of greater payoff the rest of the season ...

l_j_r

Lot of truth to this post. OU was really poised for a run when he went down. Memory serves correctly they actually beat Sanchez and Co to boot that year.

Wrong Oregon team. That was the Oregon State Beavers.

But yes, OU was well on it's way to making a bid for the National Title game. Dixon got hurt, and then the idiot coach threw him back out there and I think on the first or second play he destroyed his knee.

Yep, the Steelers are retarded. They haven't had a losing record in a decade, have won two super bowls and made it to the conference championship two other times in that span. Last year, while our precious Jets were "within 30 minutes of the super bowl" the Steelers had an off year in a tough division and finished with the same record. Do you remember that they won 13 games with Kordell Stewart at QB? I assume he was already ahead of Batch last season since he got the start vs. Baltimore.

I'm hoping the Jets are this retarded.

I was just about say...give me some of that retard. I'd wear it proudly.

And for what its worth....Dixon >>>> Batch. And its not like QB's grow on trees, Big Ben suspended, Leftwich hurt...you got to do what you got to do.

Archived