why was every other CB on our team other than Revis covering Boldin???

bear

Was our secondary that bad if you take away cromartie's penalties? (because I think the refs were aholes about several of Cromarties penalties)

So if Revis was put on the weak guy because he's not ready, then the gamble worked IMO, if you get back Cromartie's holds/interf. calls.

That made no sense at all to me.

Kyle Wilson was ******* terrible. A rookie matched up on their #1 WR. And we never made the adjustment to put Revis on him, even as Boldin continually raped us. Lowery would have done a better job on Boldin. Kyle Wilson doesn't need to be on the field.

That made no sense at all to me.

Kyle Wilson was ******* terrible. A rookie matched up on their #1 WR. And we never made the adjustment to put Revis on him, even as Boldin continually raped us. Lowery would have done a better job on Boldin. Kyle Wilson doesn't need to be on the field.

Wilson did struggle, but it was his first game EVER in the NFL, how do you protect some rookies/Young players (sanchez), but throw others to the wolves ?? Wilson has NO business covering Boldin. Mevi$ got his damn $$ make him earn it !

Wilson did struggle, but it was his first game EVER in the NFL, how do you protect some rookies/Young players (sanchez), but throw others to the wolves ?? Wilson has NO business covering Boldin. Mevi$ got his damn $$ make him earn it !

I was ******* screaming at the TV all night, I dont know what the hell they were thinking. Wilson is a rookie no matter how you cut it! There's confidence in a guy and they stupiditiy. 1 on 1 coverage with Boldin?! WTF are they thinking, of course he's gonna get smoked a few times. And that probably hurts his confidence too! Just not smart.

Boldin is ridiculous. You don't put a corner single on him, the only exception being a top 3 CB in the league, which Revis is. But I don't think anybody would completely shut him down yesterday.

Why not Wilson and Cro on double on Boldin?

Because the Ravens have three veteran ProBowl receivers and you can't really afford to take two of your top three corners and leave one of those guys to be covered by Eric Smith or Dwight Lowery.

Revis was on the field plenty last night. He just did his job and covered his man and the ball wasn't thrown his way very much. Most of the time he was covering Mason, who is the Ravens go to guy and the toughest to cover.

Boldin burned Wilson in the slot which is Boldin's best spot and Wilson's primary responsibility in coverage. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out to throw to the ProBowl receiver being covered by the rookie in his first ever NFL game. Am I the only one who remembers Randy Moss burning Revis for a monster TD in his first game in the NFL?

Why not Wilson and Cro on double on Boldin?

There's no simple answer for handling the Ravens receivers. They're all smart veterans and good route runners, the kind of guys who kill the Cromarties and Wilson's of the world. No matter where we shifted guys around someone would be getting exposed. Luckily, Flacco got flustered and his throws sailed a lot last night or we might have had a much tougher night.

All I know is, at 75 %, Darrelle Revis is still better than most cornerbacks in the NFL.

All I know is, he was not covering their #1 receiver 100% of the time, like he use to when he came to camp.

That better change next week!

Mason is not their #1, Boldin was the best player on the field last night!

If Revis is 75% and you put him on their best receiver, they'll find out he's slow. Then you're done. Flacco lights you up.

If you put Revis on their #2, you take the WR out of the game, and the Ravens never challenge him (and find out he's slow).

You have to ask the other backs to play...and if the Ref lets Cromartie play (the Ref didn't), the plan works pretty well.

All I know is, he was not covering their #1 receiver 100% of the time, like he use to when he came to camp.

That better change next week!

Mason is not their #1, Boldin was the best player on the field last night!

Who says Mason is not their #1? Boldin was the best player on the field because Revis was covering Mason. Mason is considerably faster than Boldin. Early in the game they showed a montage of Revis covering. It was obvious that Boldin was much easier to stick to than Mason. If Revis has more trouble with Mason, what would Mason do to Cromartie or Wilson?

Who says Mason is not their #1? Boldin was the best player on the field because Revis was covering Mason. Mason is considerably faster than Boldin. Early in the game they showed a montage of Revis covering. It was obvious that Boldin was much easier to stick to than Mason. If Revis has more trouble with Mason, what would Mason do to Cromartie or Wilson?

Cromartie or Wilson have the speed to stick with Mason, they did not have the physicality to stick on Boldin.

Revis is the most physical of the 3, I think we would have matched up better that way.

Hello people they kept rolling WR away Revis and mixing up the coverage by running crossing routes. Revis played great last night for someone who wasnt in training camp at all. Wilson got burned by a Pro Bowl receiver and not even burned he had great coverage its just Flacco is a great QB and he was putting the ball on the money and Boldin was out jumping him for the ball.

Archived