Please fire or demote Shotty, Thank You.

ECURB

Fire Shotty?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Should the JETS fire or demote Shotty?

• Yes
    • No

Fire him already... or at least demote him like was done with Sutton...

He is the last of the inept three stooges of 2006... END IT...

121vkuo.gif

Pennington and Favre are the proof that it IS Shotty messing things up, they both looked better elsewhere when they left. He is going to ruin Sanchez.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Nope. Schotty drew up some good plays or QB's and WR's sucked big donkey dick today.

Nothing Schotty could do about that.

Disappointed that he had 2 weeks to draw up something to score, but it was more execution than anything else today.

It always comes down to execution. I think we would have scored on the first two drives if Greene had caught that f*ckin screen. That's when I left the game...You can't f*ckin drop a perfectly executed (by everyone else, including Sanchez) screen like that, especially early when the team is looking to establish a rhythm.

Really sh*tty game for the offense, but I expect they'll get over it.

It always comes down to execution.

It does not all come down to execution. This makes no sense. It infers that play-calling and coaching have absolutely no bearing on anything because as long as the players run any play correctly, they will always succeed. You know very well that this is not the case.

Some the keyword there.

There were plays for the taking. Some of them were perfect calls, in the perfect situation and the team couldnt make it happen. Whether it was Sanchez, Holmes, Cotch, Green, LT...they all played bad. 3 TO's in strange ways also. Schotty deserves some heat, but it was more about the play on the field than it was the guy making the calls. I'm not big fan of Schotty, but to blame him for today I think is cutting way too much slack on players that simply didnt perform.

I was all for handing the reigns over to Callahan last year... so yes, lets do it now.

I was very impressed that rex lets pettine call some plays, and lets thurman call some coverages

that really f**ks an offense up, how can you know what tendency is coming if you don't know who is even calling the play ?

I wonder if rex might approach shotty about mixing callahan in, give him a drive here and there

shotty might revolt, then you just give the job to callahan full time

There were plays for the taking. Some of them were perfect calls, in the perfect situation and the team couldnt make it happen. Whether it was Sanchez, Holmes, Cotch, Green, LT...they all played bad. 3 TO's in strange ways also. Schotty deserves some heat, but it was more about the play on the field than it was the guy making the calls. I'm not big fan of Schotty, but to blame him for today I think is cutting way too much slack on players that simply didnt perform.

Know what play was for the taking? Getting the ball back with about 1:46 left in the half, when you get the ball back again AT the half, and on 3rd and 1 during a 2-minute drill, you decide to completely spasm from the realm of common sense rather than just sneaking for the first (which literally every single team does, all the time). That was absolutely unacceptable. I'm sick of hearing about how they might have made a mistake somewhere, or how the guy is just trying to be creative. Call a smart game and stop getting caught up in the heat of the moment. Joe Cool he is not. When the clock's a factor, he folds on the mic. Period.

Getting a text from my buddy while myself and everyone else is ready to kill somebody that says "Moose Johnson is calling the play selection right now bizarre," is not what I want to see at the end of a game that's clearly there for the taking.

Drops are drops. To put a shut-out entirely on six plays against a defense that wasn't even in the top ten is just plain blind.

It does not all come down to execution. This makes no sense. It infers that play-calling and coaching have absolutely no bearing on anything because as long as the players run any play correctly, they will always succeed. You know very well that this is not the case.

Really? It doesn't require playing good football to win football games? It doesn't require recievers catching passes to win games? It doesn't require QBs nailing passes and making plays? It doesn't require actual plays being made to win games? When's the last time a great QB or a great offense blamed it's playcalling and gameplanning for a loss?

I'm not leaving Schotty blameless...I'm sure there's things that could have been done differently today...I do feel however that when an offense does not execute and consistently fails to do so then it becomes exponentially harder to call that perfect, live saving/giving play.

As far as the gameplan goes...Personally I felt like they should have scored on those first two drives. Greene's dropped screen was as devastating as some might have thought because not only do we not have that first down (at least) that he could have gotten, but now the playcalling has to compensate for a high percentage play failing...After a couple high percentage passes failed...one due to Holmes letting a pass bounce right off of him. There's a snowball effect, and eventually the offense simply has to start executing to save their own a$$ like a real offense does.

The offense had a terrible game...It wasn't unexpected considering the QB has been playing way over his head so far. It sucks, but hopefully they regroup like they did after the Ravens game.

Also, I think the D should really start stepping up their game. This offense with a 2nd year QB shouldn't be expected to carry anyone...Yes, they played well...No, they're not living up to the standard set by past Rex Ryan Ds.

Know what play was for the taking? Getting the ball back with about 1:46 left in the half, when you get the ball back again AT the half, and on 3rd and 1 during a 2-minute drill, you decide to completely spasm from the realm of common sense rather than just sneaking for the first (which literally every single team does, all the time). That was absolutely unacceptable. I'm sick of hearing about how they might have made a mistake somewhere, or how the guy is just trying to be creative. Call a smart game and stop getting caught up in the heat of the moment. Joe Cool he is not. When the clock's a factor, he folds on the mic. Period.

Getting a text from my buddy while myself and everyone else is ready to kill somebody that says "Moose Johnson is calling the play selection right now bizarre," is not what I want to see at the end of a game that's clearly there for the taking.

Drops are drops. To put a shut-out entirely on six plays against a defense that wasn't even in the top ten is just plain blind.

There were a lot of questionable calls, but thats Schotty. He sucks. I'm still pretty confident if our players made the plays today, we win.

By no means am I a Gato saying he's good, he stinks. But I think he's getting a lot of heat when his players sucked just as bad today.

Really? It doesn't require playing good football to win football games? It doesn't require recievers catching passes to win games? It doesn't require QBs nailing passes and making plays? It doesn't require actual plays being made to win games? When's the last time a great QB or a great offense blamed it's playcalling and gameplanning for a loss?

It requires both. For some bizarre reason you refuse to acknowledge this. It doesn't matter what plays you choose to attempt to execute if they're called untimely, incorrectly, and repetitively; and especially when the opposing defense acknowledges after the game that they knew exactly what you were about to run as soon as they saw your formations.

I'm not leaving Schotty blameless.

Except you really are. This Scooby-Doo argument you've chosen to stick to that's based on a logic that states: "We would have won if those crazy kids had run my plays right," is just full of so many holes. Ambiguously you can say the same thing for any coach on any level, and it's impossible to rebut because once you base your argument in the realm of unprovable disproof, the discussion becomes pointless. Yet we live in a world where coaches get fired, hired, demoted, and promoted. Seems to me that probably happens for a reason.

Except you really are. This Scooby-Doo argument you've chosen to stick to that's based on a logic that states: "We would have won if those crazy kids had run my plays right," is just full of so many holes. Ambiguously you can say the same thing for any coach on any level, and it's impossible to rebut because once you base your argument in the realm of unprovable disproof, the discussion becomes pointless. Yet we live in a world where coaches get fired, hired, demoted, and promoted. Seems to me that probably happens for a reason.

And Gato would've gotten away with it if it wasn't for you meddling kids.

It's already past ridiculous to engage in debate about our loadstone Brain sh*tthammer with a little kid who is zapped on weed 24/7 and who's closest association to the game of football is from a joystick playing Madden.

I was very impressed that rex lets pettine call some plays, and lets thurman call some coverages

that really f**ks an offense up, how can you know what tendency is coming if you don't know who is even calling the play ?

I wonder if rex might approach shotty about mixing callahan in, give him a drive here and there

shotty might revolt, then you just give the job to callahan full time

I wasnt impressed with him letting Weatherford make that decision on 4th and 20 though ;) you left that one out

Archived