Please fire or demote Shotty, Thank You.

ECURB

Fire Shotty?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Should the JETS fire or demote Shotty?

• Yes
    • No

OR when he comes right out the week leading up to the game saying we cant just try and run the ball on this defense. next week he'll be back to running it right into a stacked line against the Bears.

He was unpredictable in this game, and the Jets had the Steelers defense off balance for the most part. why the **** he doesnt do that every week is beyond me.

and if holmes, edwards, or keller dropped those passes on 3rd down you would now be calling for Schott's head.

Schott is nowhere near as bad as this board makes him out to be. Missed blocks, missed reads, bad passes, dropped passes, and stupid penalties have all contributed to the offensive struggles this year.

Schott is part of it, but bad execution was the bigger culprit.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only in Jets fan land it does.

Your constant use of "almost" in all this talk doesn't strike you as odd in any way? ALMOST lost the game...ALMOST whatever coulda/woulda/shoulda happened in the last drive...

You better have a stomach full of Schottensperm for all the hard work you've done in tirelessly defending him.

and if holmes, edwards, or keller dropped those passes on 3rd down you would now be calling for Schott's head.

Schott is nowhere near as bad as this board makes him out to be. Missed blocks, missed reads, bad passes, dropped passes, and stupid penalties have all contributed to the offensive struggles this year.

Schott is part of it, but bad execution was the bigger culprit.

Listen, know your history lessons about dumbasses that cant manage the clock. go back to 1997 divisional playoff when the Chiefs had the ball at mid field with 2 time outs and 2 minutes left in the game at midfield and wound up running out of time.

GOOD TEAMS dont mismanage the clock as adeptly as the Jets do on a weekly basis. they look borderline incompetent in close games. hopefully the Jets will blow everybody out on their way to a super bowl championship and my point will be mute.

You better have a stomach full of Schottensperm for all the hard work you've done in tirelessly defending him.

Sure, but I as a man am lucky enough to be able to handle it and not get pregnant. My guess is that many of you are ambitious women who don't want your careers ruined by having a Schottybaby out of wedlock...hence the crying about today's win over the f*ckin Steelers in f*ckin Pittsburgh...playing all hard to get like that.

Only Jets fans...what an amazing and interesting breed.

GOOD TEAMS dont mismanage the clock as adeptly as the Jets do on a weekly basis. they look borderline incompetent in close games. hopefully the Jets will blow everybody out on their way to a super bowl championship and my point will be mute.

This. A thousand times this. You can only bungle clock management for so long before it bites you in the a$$. And it sure as sh*t will. See: Every game ever played under Herman Edwards.

Sure, but I as a man am lucky enough to be able to handle it and not get pregnant. My guess is that many of you are ambitious women who don't want your careers ruined by having a Schottybaby out of wedlock...hence the crying about today's win over the f*ckin Steelers in f*ckin Pittsburgh...playing all hard to get like that.

Only Jets fans...what an amazing and interesting breed.

Unfortunately this coming from you, it sorta looses its effect. ;)

He called a good game today but if you were to ask me I say I hope he's gone next year.

Listen, know your history lessons about dumbasses that cant manage the clock. go back to 1997 divisional playoff when the Chiefs had the ball at mid field with 2 time outs and 2 minutes left in the game at midfield and wound up running out of time.

please....explain to me what the relationship is between the 1997 KC Chiefs divisional playoff game and today's Jet game vs. Pit?

there are so many examples where team's get too conservative and go run, run, run, punt with 3 mins left on the clock and lose. schott was trying to WIN the game today, not just trying to hold on for dear life.

Knowing this fanbase if he went conservative he's too much of a p*ssy to be aggressive when his offense has moved the ball.

It's the same garbage...which is why I guess the Jets seem to have finally learned to ignore it.

For once I actully liked the way he called the game today, sure there were the typical few idiotic calls but for the most part todays game plan proved Sanchez is not an innacurate QB. The short ball control WC system is what this team should be in it fits our make up IMHO. It will also lead to big plays with some play action. The few draw plays he called were actully very nice calls that he finally used a Draw play is a nice call for 3rd and less than 5 yards. If the offense stays in this mold for the remainder of the season I can see us having a nice little run just like last year.

For once I actully liked the way he called the game today, sure there were the typical few idiotic calls but for the most part todays game plan proved Sanchez is not an innacurate QB. The short ball control WC system is what this team should be in it fits our make up IMHO. It will also lead to big plays with some play action. The few draw plays he called were actully very nice calls that he finally used a Draw play is a nice call for 3rd and less than 5 yards. If the offense stays in this mold for the remainder of the season I can see us having a nice little run just like last year.

That's actually more of an indictment on him. Why wasn't this game called all year?

He still also failed to get plays in on time as usual. Bradcat was limited to one use I think this time. If not for fluke KO return TD, the Jets actually probably lose this game. You can't get too excited over this.

That's actually more of an indictment on him. Why wasn't this game called all year?

He still also failed to get plays in on time as usual. Bradcat was limited to one use I think this time. If not for fluke KO return TD, the Jets actually probably lose this game. You can't get too excited over this.

In no way am I over excited and I agree with everythign you say here. I just think now that something is found that has a chance to work Rex wont let it revert back to incompetence, at least I hope he wont. I still feel today proved the point on Sanchez and that he will be just fine. I also liked the toughness of Edwards and given the choice I would rather see Santonio sent packing if we cant keep both. Santonio is a slouch IMO and When he dropped the ball right in front of the Ref on one of his first downs it made me cringe gave me the impression he thinks who the fu#k he is. The ref looked at him and just shook his head and man you dont want to get on their bad side. I would rather see us replace Santonio with someone whos not afraid to blaock and catch passes in the middle of the field without gettin alligator arms

This. A thousand times this. You can only bungle clock management for so long before it bites you in the a$$. And it sure as sh*t will. See: Every game ever played under Herman Edwards.

Seriously was that the most f'd up clock management we have ever seen? The Herminator was a weekly disaster, but I dont think I have ever seen such a poorly managed offensive drive as the one at the end of the half. To see our QB screaming at the sidelines about what to do was just scary, but at least I guess it meant they took almost all decision making out of his hands which was good.

So you two think it was perfectly acceptable to give them a timeout and two extra plays before the 2 minute warning to work with? Okay.

My understanding is, in a win, you're not allowed to say anything but 'WE WON!' But, in a loss, you're allowed to talk about it.

That said, from a playcalling stand point, I think Shotty called a good game. He finally got the message that Sanchez is simply 'ok', and maybe he should be throwing patterns that he can consistently connect on, instead of trying to play him like he was elite. We are playing the Steelers, so I didn't expect a great offensive output, so it was good to just see them moving the ball. Credit Shotty for calling plays that move the chains rather than trying to pound it up the middle, or go for the home run.

So, now that we're done saying he called a solid game, the game management was abysmal, and for those of us who look at games as more than 'WE WON!' and 'WE LOST!' the decisions on the last drive were abysmal. The Steelers were left with way too much time and had legitimate shots to win the game. To say that wasn't an issue is the same as ignoring our performance against Denver, Detroit, Cleveland, and Houston. You think you're good based on wins like that, and you find yourself getting embarrassed in back to back weeks.

My bad though... WE WON!

Gotta hand it to Schottenheimer. This month's touchdown was awesome.

That should get a post of the century nomination....That said I was very happy with the way the offense ran today. When your defense plays as bad as ours did today you need the offense to take alot of time off the clock, which they did today. Id imagine Steelers fans must be pretty upset with how the coach ran the offense of the Steelers when the Jets tied the game.

In no way am I over excited and I agree with everythign you say here. I just think now that something is found that has a chance to work Rex wont let it revert back to incompetence, at least I hope he wont. I still feel today proved the point on Sanchez and that he will be just fine. I also liked the toughness of Edwards and given the choice I would rather see Santonio sent packing if we cant keep both. Santonio is a slouch IMO and When he dropped the ball right in front of the Ref on one of his first downs it made me cringe gave me the impression he thinks who the fu#k he is. The ref looked at him and just shook his head and man you dont want to get on their bad side. I would rather see us replace Santonio with someone whos not afraid to blaock and catch passes in the middle of the field without gettin alligator arms

I think what it proved about Sanchez is that Sanchez is ok. Ok is not good, and it's not great. But, ok is when he's put in a position to succeed, he can make those throws. One of the biggest flaws in Schotty's offense, as I see it, is you need to be a much better QB than we have. Sanchez is a good enough QB to run the type of offense we saw today. If we continue to run this style, output should increase.

I think what it proved about Sanchez is that Sanchez is ok. Ok is not good, and it's not great. But, ok is when he's put in a position to succeed, he can make those throws. One of the biggest flaws in Schotty's offense, as I see it, is you need to be a much better QB than we have. Sanchez is a good enough QB to run the type of offense we saw today. If we continue to run this style, output should increase.

Phil Simms said it at the beginning of the game, the offense that the Jets had been running prior to this week revolved around way too many difficult throws. That's not a smart offensive game plan for any team that doesn't have an elite QB, particularly one with a second year QB who's had a lot of ups and downs in his short career.

EY I think Sanchez has the skill set to be a damn good QB when not in a predictable situation. Predictability for any QB.. Good, Great, or Mediocre is a death sentence. If we let the kid get rolling (in rhythm) with a short precise passing game defenses will eventually have to respect that and move up which will then open up the intermidiate and deep game in play action. This is the way the Saints and Colts have picked a part the league for years and its how the Pats are doing it now.

Looking at some plays today a few things still startled me, one was Dustin Keller this guy comes across as one hell of a lazy a$$ player on the Sanchez scramble he just stood and watched as his man ran right by him towards the QB he never even flinched and became a spectator. One thing a TE MUST do besides blocking is get open when plays are extended by the QB and Keller just stops it seems this play was a good example of that although different the fact is the guy just stops. As does Santonio. Once that gets fixed Sanchez will move to the next level.

A much better QB? Like who? Brees, Vick, Brady and Peyton Manning are all in offenses that have a very high percentage of easy throws. Phillip Rivers probably has the most hard throws of any of the elite QBs in the league and that's why sometimes you'll hear people fawn over him.

The Schitty offense just does not work. Sure the above guys would execute it better than Sanchez can and does, no argument there from me. But there stats would suffer greatly and be nowhere near what everyone is used to seeing out of them.

Schitty's offense is akin to sending a boxer with a 10" reach disadvantage out there telling him to swing out haymakers the entire time from the outside. Maybe he'd land one eventually and win, but it's not a very sound strategy.

EY I think Sanchez has the skill set to be a damn good QB when not in a predictable situation. Predictability for any QB.. Good, Great, or Mediocre is a death sentence. If we let the kid get rolling (in rhythm) with a short precise passing game defenses will eventually have to respect that and move up which will then open up the intermidiate and deep game in play action. This is the way the Saints and Colts have picked a part the league for years and its how the Pats are doing it now.

Looking at some plays today a few things still startled me, one was Dustin Keller this guy comes across as one hell of a lazy a$$ player on the Sanchez scramble he just stood and watched as his man ran right by him towards the QB he never even flinched and became a spectator. One thing a TE MUST do besides blocking is get open when plays are extended by the QB and Keller just stops it seems this play was a good example of that although different the fact is the guy just stops. As does Santonio. Once that gets fixed Sanchez will move to the next level.

Predictability doesn't cause Sanchez to miss open WRs, throw behind his targets, and throw directly at players on the other team, who even if they know the play, should be seen by the QB.

Sanchez may have 'the skills to be a damn good QB', but right now, he's simply ok.

Phil Simms said it at the beginning of the game, the offense that the Jets had been running prior to this week revolved around way too many difficult throws. That's not a smart offensive game plan for any team that doesn't have an elite QB, particularly one with a second year QB who's had a lot of ups and downs in his short career.

Bleedin even the elite QB's have issues with that. If you watch Manning Brady Brees they all start the games out with a ball control short passing offense, every single one of them. They then open up the rest of the offense once the QB warms up a bit. Its just common sense when calling an offense, you dont want your QB comming out throwing 20 and 30 yard outs it just Makes no sense for a lot of reasons.

A much better QB? Like who? Brees, Vick, Brady and Peyton Manning are all in offenses that have a very high percentage of easy throws. Phillip Rivers probably has the most hard throws of any of the elite QBs in the league and that's why sometimes you'll hear people fawn over him.

The Schitty offense just does not work. Sure the above guys would execute it better than Sanchez can and does, no argument there from me. But there stats would suffer greatly and be nowhere near what everyone is used to seeing out of them.

Schitty's offense is akin to sending a boxer with a 10" reach disadvantage out there telling him to swing out haymakers the entire time from the outside. Maybe he'd land one eventually and win, but it's not a very sound strategy.

Never said Schotty's offense was a good one. Just that Sanchez isn't a good enough QB to make the throws asked of him.

It's easy to blame the OC for all the problems, but in reality, at their best, they're both average. At their worst, well, we've seen it.

Archived