JETS will defer NO more.

visajets

disagree with this

I love getting the ball 1st on the second half. the best part is when the oppoenent has one of of those meaningless drives at the end of the first half where they get the ball at their own 20 with 35 seconds left and just run it and go into halftime

it's like stealing a posession

disagree with this

I love getting the ball 1st on the second half. the best part is when the oppoenent has one of of those meaningless drives at the end of the first half where they get the ball at their own 20 with 35 seconds left and just run it and go into halftime

it's like stealing a posession

I've always like deferring too, but the offense needs to start scoring in the first half. Why not try it?

Oh they'll defer again...I do like the idea that this is no longer automatic.

Ha! I was just thinking...how funny would it be if he deferred on Sunday.

Part of me like its, part of me doesnt. On one side, I like that he's changing it up to and try and get things going. On the other, I dont want him to lose his identity.

What the hell is the point of this? If the offense sucks, the offense sucks. Electing to receive just gives it a chance to suck one possession earlier than usual.

I think his point of defering was to put his best unit out there first (and maybe pick up the extra possesion).. at this point, I'm not sure he knows which unit it better

Ha! I was just thinking...how funny would it be if he deferred on Sunday.

Part of me like its, part of me doesnt. On one side, I like that he's changing it up to and try and get things going. On the other, I dont want him to lose his identity.

If we deferred against the Pats we might have seen more running..."set the tempo" would be the board/buzzword speak.

Instead, deferring to the top offense in the league just put us in a hole immediately and instantly put way more pressure on Sanchez than was necessary... Guarantee we won't defer in a rematch against the Pats now that this is no longer the 2007-2009 O that this D was built to beat...after that I see no real reason to switch what's worked against most other teams...only real reason is if the offense is feeling especially confident.

to me this is just silly... how about this novel idea. PUT TOGETHER BETTER GAME PLANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed. This is something that should be thought about on a game-to-game basis, NOT something announced just because you lost a game.

This is stupid.

If you are playing a team like NE on the road, with a great offense and a terrible D... then you take the ball first on offense. Come out of the game with a long, deflating TD drive... this is like football 101 sh*t. Ugh.

Lol..."don't blame the coin, blame the OC! It's obvious! He just handed the Pats 45 points!"

LOL. Gotta love Gato's Schitty love.

Schitty didn't hand the Pats 45 points, but he did give the Jets 3 points in their last 2 games against teams over .500.

LOL. Gotta love Gato's Schitty love.

Schitty didn't hand the Pats 45 points, but he did give the Jets 3 points in their last 2 games against teams over .500.

He also gave them 9 wins since we're working with a "Schitty is responsible for everything" logic...Why not just make the guy HC if he's the deciding factor so often? The guy already gets treated as the HC by the fans...he's either the reason they lose or the wall the players climbed over to win...just like a true Jets HC.

Must be nice to be a Jet player...you're accountable for nothing because you're just a bunch of well paid chess pieces anyway.

When it comes to deferring, it all depends. When it came to Monday night, they should have taken the ball. You don't let Tom Brady have the ball first at home on MNF. I don't care how much confidence you have in the defense. Especially when you just lost Leonhard during the week. It didn't make sense. If the Jets were at home, that's a little different, but in New England you have to try and put points on the board first.

This probably wouldn't have made any difference in the Pats game. They only scored a FG on their opening drive, it wasn't "a huge hole" by the time we got the ball back. Plus they didn't score on their last two possessions before the half.

Archived