The Official JN Sal Alosi Discussion Thread

BP

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the Jets would have fired him immediately they would have looked better. and had Alosi said something they could have just said he was bitter because he got fired. now? it's a big mess that will not go away.

miedia will get bored with this.. they always do

lol @those of you who insisted there was no intentional wall..

this obviously goes back to rex or maybe westhoff.. someones paying this guy off.. good for everyone

It's been obvious since the moment they showed the first replay. Anyone who thought otherwise was in denial.

miedia will get bored with this.. they always do

No kidding. I already am, I can't believe others aren't. Once this weeks games get going, outside of maybe a few more shots at the Jets during the game, the media isn't going to have nearly enough interesting to say about it to care anymore. The funny thing is the only people really blowing this up into any bigger thing is the Jets fans, and maybe some trolls who are having fun at Jets fans' expense. Most everyone else is reporting this as "hey, look what a douchebag this one guy is" as opposed to some massive conspiracy that will forever tarnish the fantastic reputation of the New York Jets.

This is a 3 part poll. Who's responsible for sticking his knee out? Sal Alosi. Who's responsible for lining the guys up where they were? Likely Westhoff, maybe even Rex. Who's responsible for this being a scandal? Rex Ryan and his mouth.

The poll I want to see:

How will the Alosi Tripgate scandal affect the Jets?

A. This will wake the team up, Shake them out of the two week funk they have been in. They go into Pittsburgh and stomp the Steelers, gaining momentum at the right time to finish the season 12-4, and ready to kill in the playoffs.

B. Alosi who?

C. The distraction only helps to worsen the team's level of concentration and desire to win. The Jets lose the rest of the games, miss out on the playoffs in SOJ fashion. Lots of head slapping in Jets fandom.

The problem isn't that it was done. The problem isn't that the coaches told them to do it (though admittedly the PS players shouldn't have been in that area per the rules). The problem is the lying about it.

Rex said he never saw it/didn't know about it, but the replay clearly shows it happening right in front of him while he is watching it (not watching the play).

Westhoff says he knows nothing, but then turns around trying to use the "everybody does it" as noted in this thread.

The bungled coverup is much worse than the actual offense. Had Rex just said "yeah we told them to stand there, but Sal acted on his own when tripping the guy" this would be all over already.

I think people are confusing the issues here. The issue isn't or shouldn't be lining up on the sideline. That's actually kind of clever. The issue is a coach on the sideline initiating contact with a player.

There's also a difference between using players about to be substituted into the game and who are therefore expected to be within that designated area on the sideline and in using inactive players/coaches who should be nowhere near the sideline. The rules clearly indicate who is and is not allowed in that area of the sideline. That being said, this is a minor infraction. Who gives a rats @$$? I wonder if Peter King will write a 5 page report about it. Dumbass.

hey dumbass......standing on the sideline like that is not cheating. your boy running the length of the length of the field out of bounds is though. the knee was cheating though. i seriously doubt he was told to trip the guy. he was probably told to stand there. nothing wrong with that.

NFL Vice President Ray Anderson said from league meetings in Dallas that the tactic is improper and violates rules

Nothing about Carroll's play being against the rules, but what the Jets did was.

******* cheaters... And you still lost!

+1

Rex, indirectly, because he fosters an atmosphere of pirate-like entitlement. I'd imagine that Westhoff--who loves showing off how versed he is in the rulebook--sent Alosi to teach Caroll a lesson, which Alosi took a step top far by actually making contact.

What was it he said in his first press conference?

"If you take one of our guys out you better make sure it's all you can eat. But someplace nice. Then we'll take out a couple of your guys after that."

Something along those lines but I can't remember for sure.

What was it he said in his first press conference?

"If you take one of our guys out you better make sure it's all you can eat. But someplace nice. Then we'll take out a couple of your guys after that."

Something along those lines but I can't remember for sure.

:D

I'm sure there was something in there about Vernon Gholston being Terrell Suggs, too.

Archived