Sign petition to FIRE Schotte.

visajets

To: New York Jets Owner - Woody Johnson

Dear Woody Johnson,

This petition is simple, Jets fans want to see Brian Schottenheimer gone immediately at the Offensive Coordinator of the New York Jets. For years we have seen his incompetent and horrific play calling ruin this teams chances at post season success. How many offensive players does this guy have to ruin before he gets let go.

Brian Schottenheimer has done enough to warrant a petition of this sort. He clearly has no idea how to run an offense with two Pro Bowl running backs and a rookie quarterback and should be replaced if we want any success at all.

Examples:

2008: After starting 8-3, the Jets offense completely imploded with Brett Favre at the helm prompting the Jets to miss the playoffs after finishing 1-4. During this five game stretch the Jets had both Thomas Jones and Leon Washington (both Pro Bowlers) running amazingly yet week after week we watched the Jets throw it 30-40 times with Favre only to see interception after interception. Let's not forget Schottenheimer's fake reverse to Cotchery in the crazy rain in Denver.

2009: We have seen Schottenheimer ruin Mark Sanchez's rookie season with horrible game plans and awful play calls. How hard is it to understand that we have a ROOKIE quarterback. I can count on one hand how many screens and check downs we have seen. We have completely abandoned the running game watch as Mark Sanchez is asked to roll out, play action, and throw deep on every play. Not even Peyton Manning could win with this offense. A great example is Buffalo, Mark Sanchez's first game in the cold, rain, and wind and he threw THIRTY pass while the offense ran for 300+ yards.

It's no coincidence that both Drew Brees and Philip Rivers got much better once Brian Schottenheimer left and was no longer their QB Coach. By the way, how is Brett Favre doing now that Schottenheimer isn't coaching him? That's enough proof right there.

Enough is enough, build a smart coaching staff that can control the ball, these plays are laughable at best. Who wants to buy a PSL to watch these ridiculous play calls?

Signed,

Jets fans everywhere!

Sincerely,

The Undersigned

all this fire schotty is pure scapegoating. it's easier to replace the OC than the QB but make no mistake quarterbacks make oc's not the other way around. without looking it up who is tom brady's OC? who is payton manning's OC? no one knows but those guys get their plays executed to the letter and when they make bad calls the QB bails them out. does schotty draw plays up that end in fumbles and interceptions?

all this fire schotty is pure scapegoating. it's easier to replace the OC than the QB but make no mistake quarterbacks make oc's not the other way around. without looking it up who is tom brady's OC? who is payton manning's OC? no one knows but those guys get their plays executed to the letter and when they make bad calls the QB bails them out. does schotty draw plays up that end in fumbles and interceptions?

the list of genuis OC's who have failed miserable without thier skill players is very long..

Not since Walsh has thier been an offensive mind at coach that dominated.. imo

exactly....Paul Hackett was an OC who deserved to be fired.....it could be 3rd and 22 and he was calling a draw play! I dont hate on Schotty b/c it isnt the play calling thats the problem...its the execution from a 2nd year neophyte qb to a #1 reciever who has played a grand total of 9 games with him b/c of suspension

I'm resigned to the fact that he's going to be here at least for the rest of this season. I just really want to go in a new direction next year. Though I really have no idea if that is even going to happen. Rex overall seems pretty loyal to the coaches he has here. I don't know what's lip service and what is his actual feelings on it, but we haven't seen him fire a coach yet. I can also see them not wanting to make Sanchez and the offense learn a new scheme with a veteran team. But, I just want to get a new OC.

I'm resigned to the fact that he's going to be here at least for the rest of this season. I just really want to go in a new direction next year. Though I really have no idea if that is even going to happen. Rex overall seems pretty loyal to the coaches he has here. I don't know what's lip service and what is his actual feelings on it, but we haven't seen him fire a coach yet. I can also see them not wanting to make Sanchez and the offense learn a new scheme with a veteran team. But, I just want to get a new OC.

if sanchez continues to struggle he's gone

book it

Those two guys have been around little bit longer. Sanchez in my opinion is marginal dog poo at best, but your comparison is silly. Schotty should go because we can;t dump Sanchez and Sanchez needs all the help he can get.

Those two guys have been around little bit longer. Sanchez in my opinion is marginal dog poo at best, but your comparison is silly. Schotty should go because we can;t dump Sanchez and Sanchez needs all the help he can get.

dont get me wrong I dont love Schotty. I just question what firing him will do. I dont see a scenario where the Jets firing the OC at 9-4 gets them to 12-4 or 11-5. It's a revenge firing. Rex should be making moves that improve the team, i dont see how a mid-season firing of Schotty does that.

Sanchez could get better just by playing another year, with or without schotty.

dont get me wrong I dont love Schotty. I just question what firing him will do. I dont see a scenario where the Jets firing the OC at 9-4 gets them to 12-4 or 11-5. It's a revenge firing. Rex should be making moves that improve the team, i dont see how a mid-season firing of Schotty does that.

Answer me this: what possible benefit do the Jets get from keeping Schotty around at this point? He is terrible. His is ruining the team's $50 million investment. Why let him continue to ruin a good football team with his moronic play calling and non-existent game planning?

Sanchez needs to be on a team that plays their home games inside or warm weather. Schotty needs to go take a head coching job at a college. Rex needs to go back to being a defensive cooridinator. This is what seems evident to me right now. Im not the brightest football mind, but not sure you need one to see this.

Answer me this: what possible benefit do the Jets get from keeping Schotty around at this point? He is terrible. His is ruining the team's $50 million investment. Why let him continue to ruin a good football team with his moronic play calling and non-existent game planning?

they can't install an entirely new playbook in week 14. best case you have a new playcaller running Schotty's plays. the time to have this discussion is in feb or mar not late dec.

also we have no proof that Sanchez is being ruined by Schotty. It's possible he would never be good. Statistically most Qbs aren't any good. The brady's and mannings are exceptions to the rule.

Archived