Billick says Rex knew about wall

visajets

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2010/12/former_ravens_coach_brian_bill.html

Looks like Sal is taking a fall for our beloved coach. Im still sticking to no way Sal could instruct any kinds of sideline activities. He didnt have the authority.

I think every rational NFL fan has probably drawn this conclusion already.

Rex asking them to form the wall = no problem.

Alosi tripping Carroll = problem.

The coaches and players interpreting Rex's mentality and philosophies as "lets act like a bunch of dirtbags" = over-arching problem.

I think every rational NFL fan has probably drawn this conclusion already.

The coaches and players interpreting Rex's mentality and philosophies as "lets act like a bunch of dirtbags" = over-arching problem.

I will agree with this....but you forgot one.

Rex lying about whether he asked them to form the wall = massive problem.

Don't push it.

Rex had to lie about it, I can't blame him for not fessing up. Belli would have done the same thing, well, he has in fact. Strategically, with this much football left, you have to make that problem go away, and lumping the accountability on Alosi and cutting him a deal is the best way to do it. Consider it "burning the evidence."

HORSEsh*t!

since when is nfl coaches lying a problem.

You sound worse then jets fans still talking about spygate

Don't push it.

Rex had to lie about it, I can't blame him for not fessing up. Belli would have done the same thing, well, he has in fact. Strategically, with this much football left, you have to make that problem go away, and lumping the accountability on Alosi and cutting him a deal is the best way to do it. Consider it "burning the evidence."

Not at all. BB never denied anything regarding camaragate. Never lied about anything factual. His one and only defense was that as he read the rules it was legal as long as the tape wasn't used during the same game. We can disagree if that is BS or not, but he didn't lie about taping or ordering the taping.

So we can presume that if BB was in a similar situation his response would be a lot closer to "Yes, I order them to stand there, but there is nothing against the rules as long as they don't cross the white line, maybe I should have gotten league clarification first, but I thought it was legal."

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think it's illegal to form a wall?

Jeebers this is a big massive bunch of "no big deal." The big deal was the actual tripping (and he should have been fired). Not really a big deal, but totally d-baggery: Westoff acting like a...well, a d-bag. I have no issue with Rex and Co. lying. 1) They all do 2) anyone with half a brain knows they were.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2010/12/former_ravens_coach_brian_bill.html

Looks like Sal is taking a fall for our beloved coach. Im still sticking to no way Sal could instruct any kinds of sideline activities. He didnt have the authority.

geez you win won superbowl and your an expert. most overated superbowl winning coach ever. piggybacked on great defenses his whole tenure.

Seems the lies are piling up....

From the article...

The NFL reminded clubs and game officials of the rules governing the sidelines during games. Each organization must appoint a “get-back coach” – which had been Alosi for the Jets – who must be aware of and enforce the rules.

Earlier Ryan stated he had no idea why players would take direction from Alosi regarding where to stand. Yet he is the coach whose job it is to tell players where to stand. And Westoff had to have known that.

I love how much attention this is getting...never mind that 2 teams play basically for their respective divisions this weekend. And there are many other big games as well.

You'd think its week 2 and the playoffs are a mile away.

The Jets do this every single time any trivial piece of controversy comes their way because they're stupid and have zero idea how to handle the media and/or manage public perception. Plaxico Burress shoots himself and Pat Hanlon has the Giants looking like the moral vanguards of the league within 48 hours. The Giants gouge fans for PSLs on every single seat in the stadium, but it's the Jets who take all the heat (and hold a fire sale) because they marketed them like bully clown-snakes while the Giants kept their mouths shut except to say "Yeah, PSLs suck. Sorry 'bout that!"

Whether it's something as stupid as trying to cover up a David Clowney "kill urself" tweet or Inez Sainz or their involvement in the Jenn Sterger debacle or the Braylon DUI etc, etc, etc., the Jets screw the pooch every single time.

The Jets do this every single time any trivial piece of controversy comes their way because they're stupid and have zero idea how to handle the media and/or manage public perception. Plaxico Burress shoots himself and Pat Hanlon has the Giants looking like the moral vanguards of the league within 48 hours. The Giants gouge fans for PSLs on every single seat in the stadium, but it's the Jets who take all the heat (and hold a fire sale) because they marketed them like bully clown-snakes while the Giants kept their mouths shut except to say "Yeah, PSLs suck. Sorry 'bout that!"

Whether it's something as stupid as trying to cover up a David Clowney "kill urself" tweet or Inez Sainz or their involvement in the Jenn Sterger debacle or the Braylon DUI etc, etc, etc., the Jets screw the pooch every single time.

You should send in your resume. :P

This has turned in to the dumbest, most overblown story in sports that I think I've ever seen.

Which is exactly why if anyone in that organization had a brain he would have been fired immediately, and it's not a story. Do they even have a PR rep in the building? That is the disgrace to me. Anyone who didn't see this coming is an idiot. You fire the guy immediately to avoid the issue, right or wrong. Give him two years severence behind the scenes, give him a great reference...and call it a day.

Which is exactly why if anyone in that organization had a brain he would have been fired immediately, and it's not a story. Do they even have a PR rep in the building? That is the disgrace to me. Anyone who didn't see this coming is an idiot. You fire the guy immediately to avoid the issue, right or wrong. Give him two years severence behind the scenes, give him a great reference...and call it a day.

How could you fire Sal if he wasnt the one who orchestrated this entire thing. Fire him im sure he sings then theres an investigation and before you know Rex is guilty then what?

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think it's illegal to form a wall?

Jeebers this is a big massive bunch of "no big deal." The big deal was the actual tripping (and he should have been fired). Not really a big deal, but totally d-baggery: Westoff acting like a...well, a d-bag. I have no issue with Rex and Co. lying. 1) They all do 2) anyone with half a brain knows they were.

You are half right. Forming the wall isn't a violation but technically that area of the sideline is reserved for coaches and/or players being substituted in the game.

Therefore when the Patriots line up players coming in/out of the game it is legal. When the Jets line up every inactive player on their roster it is not.

Having said that, the whole wall issue is being blown out of proportion. The issue shouldn't be the wall, its the fact that a moron coach just pissed his career away by being stupid enough to trip a player.

This has turned in to the dumbest, most overblown story in sports that I think I've ever seen.

I can't believe the Jets didn't bench Braylon Edwards for his arrest!!!! Every single time that a team has been faced with that situation, they have ALWAYS benched that player for at least 1 week.

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!

He knew and he told Alosi to take down his damn wall. Alosi acted as a lone, rogue attacker. Just as with the Inez Sainz and Braylon Edwards situations, Rex Ryan is showing he CANNOT control this team! He can't reel in Schotty, he can't reel in Sanchez, he can't really in Alosi, he got all uppity about paying Revis...my god man.

Archived