**** The official NFL are sissy's thread**** NFL ponders postponement of Philly blizzard game

BP

We’d love to know what the Vikings did to piss off Mother Nature.

For the third straight week, the team that once prided itself on playing in the elements faces another weather-related complication. On the road in Philadelphia with a blizzard in the forecast, the Vikings may not be playing on Sunday night, after all.

Asked whether the league has decided to postpone the game in the face of potential safety and travel hazards occasioned by a major storm expected to hit Philadelphia, Boston, New York, and other points on the East Coast, NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said on his Twitter page, “Not yet. We’re discussing situation. Stand by.”

The “stand by” implies that an answer could come sooner rather than later.

The easier question could be whether to play the game on Sunday night. (Then again, guys like Dave Goldberg already are balking at a postponement, pointing to the Ice Bowl and the AFC title game played in worse-than-dangerous conditions in Cincinnati.) The tougher question would be when to play it? ESPN owns the rights to Monday night, and at a minimum they’d want a big chunk of their weekly payment (roughly $65 million) back if NBC simultaneously is carrying a game on network television, even if the start times are staggered.

Another possibility would be to move the Saints-Falcons game to Tuesday night, but that would infringe on the slate of bowl games. (I know this only because West Virginia will be playing someone in a Tuesday night bowl game, somewhere.) Also, the Saints and Falcons wouldn’t be happy about having one less day in a week already shortened by the Monday night assignment.

Either way, the Vikings-Eagles game needs to be played on Sunday or on Monday. The Eagles remain in the thick of the NFC East chase, and they have a very real shot at the No. 2 seed in the conference.

Either way, it’s going to be an interesting day. Especially since I’m in New York, and the snow finally is starting to fall.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/26/nfl-ponders-postponement-of-philly-blizzard-game/

The Jets will be trapped in Chicago and the Giants in green bay. so any travel excuses are garbage. oh boy, I cant wait till that embarrassing super bowl at the new sh*t hole meadowlands stadium in a few years.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/26/nfl-ponders-postponement-of-philly-blizzard-game/

The Jets will be trapped in Chicago and the Giants in green bay. so any travel excuses are garbage. oh boy, I cant wait till that embarrassing super bowl at the new sh*t hole meadowlands stadium in a few years.

The NFL like the NCAA cares about nothing except corporate America.

The NCAA suspends 5 Ohio State players not for the Sugar Bowl game but for the first five games next season. Why ? Cause Sugar Bowl sponsors want those players in the game.

6,7 years ago. The NFL wouldn't even consider postponing this game. Now ? With NBC involved. Different story.

The NFL like the NCAA cares about nothing except corporate America.

The NCAA suspends 5 Ohio State players not for the Sugar Bowl game but for the first five games next season. Why ? Cause Sugar Bowl sponsors want those players in the game.

6,7 years ago. The NFL wouldn't even consider postponing this game. Now ? With NBC involved. Different story.

Im starting to think that they are terrified of a liability here. the warnings did go out yesterday. who knows, I just think it's silly.

This pissed me off. I'm playing for the championship in my fantasy league this weekend, and my opponent has Vick and DeSean Jackson. A blizzard would've helped to neutralize them. But NOOOO...they want to baby the Vikings again. Pussies.

This pissed me off. I'm playing for the championship in my fantasy league this weekend, and my opponent has Vick and DeSean Jackson. A blizzard would've helped to neutralize them. But NOOOO...they want to baby the Vikings again. Pussies.

Nothing can neutralize Vick and Jackson right now. Maybe hail. Or a tornado.

They can't expect people to get on the road and drive to this game in blizzard conditions. Thats why they moved the game, not for the players.

It was postponed due to the State of Emergency that has been or will shortly be ordered. Nobody will even be able to get to the game. That is why it has been postponed, not because they don't want to play in the snow.

Exactly. If you've never had to drive at night in the snow then count yourself lucky. You're lucky if you can get over 20 mph and your main concern is just not to spin out and crash. You have to be retarded to not realize that having a football game in those conditions is a terrible idea. I guarantee you if they did it you have at least 50 people dieing from auto accidents. That is not what you want out of a football game, it just isn't worth putting people at risk so some knucklehead can watch the snow.

It was postponed due to the State of Emergency that has been or will shortly be ordered. Nobody will even be able to get to the game. That is why it has been postponed, not because they don't want to play in the snow.

Uh, the Bears played the Pats in a blizzard. the Jets played in seattle in a blizzard. this is no different.

They are playing with fire with this 2014 SUper Bowl.

So now we can't play in the snow, this was a pathetic decision. Fans are free to make a decision to travel to the game or not. NBC was more concerned about an empty stadium looking bad on tv. It's all about the money.

CT state troopers reported 150 accidents today as of like 6:00 pm

yikes

it's the wind, with littel wind they would have played I think

It was brutal driving yesterday. Left Long Island at 10:15am and got back to Boston at 5:30pm... and the roads really werent too bad until the last 15 miles. It was just all the holiday morons who dont know how to drive in traffic, or in bad weather.

And I hate the Mass Pike. 1 hour to get through the I-84 /Mass Pike toll area. Poorly designed. Too many stupid drivers. And tolls during a snow emergency! LOL! I heart you Deval Patrick!

Moving the game to Tuesday was the 100% right thing to do.

You can't have tens of thousand of people at a stadium in the middle of a blizzard. That would be a nightmare for Philadelphia's sanit workers, police, fire department, and ems because all those people would be trapped there.

Moving the game to Tuesday was the 100% right thing to do.

You can't have tens of thousand of people at a stadium in the middle of a blizzard. That would be a nightmare for Philadelphia's sanit workers, police, fire department, and ems because all those people would be trapped there.

The Seahawks played the Jets in a blizzard 2 years ago, and it never snows in Seattle. the patriots played the Bears in a blizzard this year. please.

The Seahawks played the Jets in a blizzard 2 years ago, and it never snows in Seattle. the patriots played the Bears in a blizzard this year. please.

Damn, you just can't help but make stuff up, BP.

Neither the Seahawks game nor the Bears game were in any way shape or form played in a blizzard. Get real. It was simply snowing.

There's an exponential difference between snow and a blizzard.

That's like claiming the Jets-Fins game at the Meadowlands was played in a hurricane.

Damn, you just can't help but make stuff up, BP.

Neither the Seahawks game nor the Bears game were in any way shape or form played in a blizzard. Get real. It was simply snowing.

There's an exponential difference between snow and a blizzard.

That's like claiming the Jets-Fins game at the Meadowlands was played in a hurricane.

Seattle was getting hammered, and so was Chicago. what are you talking about? why would I make this up? you act like there was just flurries in Chicago and Seattle. that chicago storm was the one that caved in the metrodome. that was 18 inches.

Seattle was getting hammered, and so was Chicago. what are you talking about? why would I make this up? you act like there was just flurries in Chicago and Seattle. that chicago storm was the one that caved in the metrodome. that was 18 inches.

Dude... that storm dropped between 4" and 6" in Chicago and the surrounding suburbs. The fact that it dropped 18" in Minnesota means nothing...

A snowstorm and a blizzard are distinct meteorological events. The Chicago storm was not a blizzard, it was a snowstorm. The blizzard hit Minnesota, but not Chicago.

A blizzard is distinct from a snowstorm based on low temperatures (20 degrees or less), wind of at least 35 mph, and visibility of 1 /4 of mile or less.

Dude... that storm dropped between 4" and 6" in Chicago and the surrounding suburbs. The fact that it dropped 18" in Minnesota means nothing...

They were predicting worse saturday night, and they still didn't cancel the game. they were calling for a ft or more and 40-50 mph winds the day before AND THEY DIDN'T CANCEL THE GAME.

THANK YOU.

Once again, BP just making stuff up. It snowed in Chicago while a blizzard hit Philadelphia.

They were predicting worse saturday night, and they still didn't cancel the game. they were calling for a ft or more and 40-50 mph winds the day before AND THEY DIDN'T CANCEL THE GAME.

A blizzard didn't hit Chicago and the mayor of Chicago didn't declare a weather emergency like what the Philadelphia mayor did.

THANK YOU.

Once again, BP just making stuff up. It snowed in Chicago while a blizzard hit Philadelphia.

Yeah, I make stuff up. go look at the Chicago forecast the night before the Patriots game. predictions were a ft to a ft and a half and 50 mph winds. that is what was predicted the day before. and uh they had no intentions of canceling the game.

LOL. You do realize that the NFL postponed the game when the blizzard first hit, right? Why are you talking about something based on "prediction" from the night before the Chicago game (which wasn't a blizzard)?

Yeah, I make stuff up. go look at the Chicago forecast the night before the Patriots game. predictions were a ft to a ft and a half and 50 mph winds. that is what was predicted the day before. and uh they had no intentions of canceling the game.

LOL.

The NFL didn't cancel the Chicago game BECAUSE THERE WAS NO BLIZZARD.

You really are hilarious. The blizzard hit Philadelphia (and NY & Boston) and the NFL canceled the game then. They didn't cancel the game based on a "predicted" storm. They canceled it because of an actual blizzard.

LOL. You do realize that the NFL postponed the game when the blizzard first hit, right? Why are you talking about something based on "prediction" from the night before the Chicago game (which wasn't a blizzard)?

I didnt know the city called a weather emergency before the game. that makes sense then.

Archived