big ben >>> manning and brady

Larz

the question was very simple. "Is big ben harder to beat than manning and brady?"

4 votes, unanimously YES

lol

I bet if it was pitts VS SD this isn't even a topic

but the jets ? yup, they can't win because it's big ben this week :rolleyes:

mind you, this had nothing to do with a comparison of who has the better running game, defense, coaches, WR's, it was only a discussion on the QB

there wsn't even debate. it was like they were asked if they like money and sex

I LOVE IT !!!!!

it's much more satisfying when a win means a big FU to the doubters and critics B)

It's not that ridiculous of a premise.

I'd say Ben's playoff pedigree outweighs Manning and is close with Brady. He doesn't have the regular season stats to match the other two, but he doesn't play in an offense that passes 70% of the time, either.

It's definitely arguable that Big Ben is more difficult to defend. He brushes off pass rushers, and he's a legitimate threat to take off with the ball if nothing's there. The man has proven to be clutch when it counts, too.

the question was very simple. "Is big ben harder to beat than manning and brady?"

4 votes, unanimously YES

lol

I bet if it was pitts VS SD this isn't even a topic

but the jets ? yup, they can't win because it's big ben this week :rolleyes:

mind you, this had nothing to do with a comparison of who has the better running game, defense, coaches, WR's, it was only a discussion on the QB

there wsn't even debate. it was like they were asked if they like money and sex

I LOVE IT !!!!!

it's much more satisfying when a win means a big FU to the doubters and critics B)

since when? No one would say this at any time this year up to now. Writers are whores.

since when? No one would say this at any time this year up to now. Writers are whores.

I remember last week around this time the jets had no chance because brady was playing better than he ever has, and he's one of the best to ever play the game, he's so smart and even tho he's not a scrambler, he has eeiry pocket prescense and slides around the pocket and he's a cold blooded assassin born to win

whoops !!!!

lol

I remember last week around this time the jets had no chance because brady was playing better than he ever has, and he's one of the best to ever play the game, he's so smart and even tho he's not a scrambler, he has eeiry pocket prescense and slides around the pocket and he's a cold blooded assassin born to win

whoops !!!!

lol

Yup, the media needs something to talk about as it seems Rex and The Jets have been pretty quiet this week so far in relation to the two previous playoff games. I'm not so sure I'm liking that as I would have preferred if Rex had come out on Monday or Tuesday and stated that this game was personal between him and Polamalu or LeBeau or Keith Butler, the Rooney's or anyone associated with The Steelers.

He had a good thing going with that IMO and should keep his "Rex Ryan's Slam That Sucker Down III: This Time It's Personal Tour" going for at least another week.

Maybe they're right, but I really doubt they would have said this at the beginning of the playoffs, or even before last weeks games.

when the Colts are healthy next year watch Peyton go back to throwing 35 TDs, 4,500 yards and only 10-15 INTs and win another MVP

The Jets dont stand a chance. Big Ben is the greatest of all time. The Steelers are the greatest NFL franchise ever. The Steeler Nation is every where. Honestly, they shouldnt even go to Pittsburgh. Just right a little note and send it away on a St. Bernard.

Big Ben is going to treat the Jets like a drunk fat girl in a bathroom stall @ 2:15 am.

I don't think you beat rothlisberger the same way we just beat manning and brady..

Agreed. Completely different animal. For starters, our basic defensive personnel is going to be vastly different since Pittsburgh can actually run the ball well. We're going to need to bring back the blitz, imo. I think Ben is much more comfortable holding the ball than Brady or Manning are.

I also think Pittsburgh's o-line will play better at least to start out the game. Maybe call it the "taking too much sh*t" theory. Their pass blocking may not be great but they still have some very physical run blockers.

so how many passes did he actually throw in his first superbowl win??? 15 or something???? You can't evaluate qb's based on superbowl wins, hell you can't even compare brady to anyone because what has he won since they got caught cheating, and no i'm not just being a douche bag jets fan. really what have they done in the playoffs since they got caught, nothing but lose. If i'm picking a qb right now to start my team I'm looking at drew, flacco, ryan, peyton, rodgers, brady, any of those guys is a top nfl qb. top new guys sanchez, bradford, or what's his face with the chiefs is good. it's a team sport, you have to have more then a mvp qb to win the superbowl. they'll get you to the playoffs, but you have to have a good team to go all the way.

And after Sanchez beats him too and sets the NFL record, they'll still all be flustered and talk about how Sanchez sucks and Rodgers was clearly, obviously the bestest QB in the league and the Jets can't possibly win.

This is how it had to be. As soon as the media picks us as favorites we would lose anyway. We must keep being the underdog, it's like a guaranteed win.

And after Sanchez beats him too and sets the NFL record, they'll still all be flustered and talk about how Sanchez sucks and Rodgers was clearly, obviously the bestest QB in the league and the Jets can't possibly win.

This is how it had to be. As soon as the media picks us as favorites we would lose anyway. We must keep being the underdog, it's like a guaranteed win.

that's how i like it, give our guys more passion to play.

Yup, the media needs something to talk about as it seems Rex and The Jets have been pretty quiet this week so far in relation to the two previous playoff games. I'm not so sure I'm liking that as I would have preferred if Rex had come out on Monday or Tuesday and stated that this game was personal between him and Polamalu or LeBeau or Keith Butler, the Rooney's or anyone associated with The Steelers.

He had a good thing going with that IMO and should keep his "Rex Ryan's Slam That Sucker Down III: This Time It's Personal Tour" going for at least another week.

Not sure. I think the Steeler's type a team he may not want to get too amped up. Maybe it's better to not give them any message board fodder and just sneak up on them in a sense. Steelers are not the Patriot's. Patriots are a finesse football playing bunch of pansies. The trash talking got into their head and it worked.

Not sure it would have worked to our advantage with the Steelers. "In Rex I trust."

Not sure it would have worked to our advantage with the Steelers. "In Rex I trust."

Word. Tom Brady takes all the talk personally, as though it's an unconscionable slight against his God-gifted greatness. He's got rabbit ears that way and he lets it affect his play, like with the Revis "slouch" comments and again last Sunday where he played the whole game in a hissy fit. If there's one thing that Roethlisberger has over Manning and Brady, it's that he doesn't give a sh*t about what's being said about him, ever.

Word. Tom Brady takes all the talk personally, as though it's an unconscionable slight against his God-gifted greatness. He's got rabbit ears that way and he lets it affect his play, like with the Revis "slouch" comments and again last Sunday where he played the whole game in a hissy fit. If there's one thing that Roethlisberger has over Manning and Brady, it's that he doesn't give a sh*t about what's being said about him, ever.

Exactly. Think it would do more to fire them up, very close to how the Pats talk got our team going. The foot signs got Mr Bart Scott ready to play... for real!!!!

Exactly. Think it would do more to fire them up, very close to how the Pats talk got our team going. The foot signs got Mr Bart Scott ready to play... for real!!!!

Lol. I'm sure they just keep showing James Harrison the video of him biting on the play action and letting Sanchez walk into the end zone from last game. You can bet that he's already destroyed five film projectors and raped and murdered two video assistants over there already.

Lol. I'm sure they just keep showing James Harrison the video of him biting on the play action and letting Sanchez walk into the end zone from last game. You can bet that he's already destroyed five film projectors and raped and murdered two video assistants over there already.

To be fair though Tom, has there been a big defensive player that has really hurt us all year? I can't remember any of the big names having huge days against us. Harrison, Peppers, Allen, Williams etc. Maybe Clay Matthews, but he's on a whole other level.

come on dude.. I know the "i told you so's" with sanchez is your thing, but do you really believe he's anywhere in the league of peyton, brady, big ben or Rodgers? If so, I can almost assure you that you are the only person that has that opinion on the planet..

Which is why he has no problem raping bitches. ;-).

To be fair though Tom, has there been a big defensive player that has really hurt us all year? I can't remember any of the big names having huge days against us. Harrison, Peppers, Allen, Williams etc. Maybe Clay Matthews, but he's on a whole other level.

Hell yeah. Brick will handle Harrison, for sure. I just don't expect Harrison to pass up a free shot at Sanchez again. ; D

Which is why he has no problem raping bitches. ;-).

THROW STONES AT GLASS HOUSES MUCH!?!??

+ 1

It amazes me how people can ever question that the left tackle is not the 2nd most important position on the field. The fact that we haven't talked about Brick much all season shows just why he's so important.

Him and Mangold are probably more responsible for Sanchez's development than Schottenheimer is. It's been such a luxury to let Sanchez learn on the fly without having to worry about getting beheaded from the blind side or crushed up the gut. Sanchez should buy them Escalades.

Him and Mangold are probably more responsible for Sanchez's development than Schottenheimer is. It's been such a luxury to let Sanchez learn on the fly without having to worry about getting beheaded from the blind side or crushed up the gut. Sanchez should buy them Escalades.

Mark did take Brick on a date in the offseason. Its time for him to pop the question.

Archived