Mafia Season Mod Queue

• 2 weeks later...

Let's get a game going

If you want to mod, then create a sign-up thread - in this forum, title it like this:

"Jack's Hospital Mafia - Sign-up Thread"

Obviously put whatever title you want in there. Tell us how many people you need too.

You'll then create another thread when the game begins and call it "Jack's Hospital Mafia - Official Game Thread" or something liek that.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if we're gonna end out on this one for the season... but if not I am planning on doing Deadwood. I'd love to work with Smash on it, but if he wants to play it that's fine as well. Been re-watching the show during my late night with baby (appropriate I know) and the material is fresh in my mind.

Not sure if we're gonna end out on this one for the season... but if not I am planning on doing Deadwood. I'd love to work with Smash on it, but if he wants to play it that's fine as well. Been re-watching the show during my late night with baby (appropriate I know) and the material is fresh in my mind.

Vic I would love to see a deadwood game . But I would hate to see people lose interest because its so late in the season which would ruin an epic game. If you think the timing is good I would say go for it. I was thinking of doing this but my procrastinating is not getting it done. Ive never set up a game before, but I would not mind helping you at all. So many elements involved in the show that could be implemented let me know.

I think the smart thing would to be make any decisions about future games based on the NFL status. If the lockout ends within the next couple of weeks, we should just call it an end to the season with BSG, because no other game is going to get the kind of attention it deserves, especially since a lot of you seem to be going with some really anticipated setups. As it is, there's already been a lot of people (myself included) who said they weren't planning to play any more games but decided to give it one last go this season for BSG.

If anything, I would say if people wanted to keep playing go back to the smaller games for a while until the NFL news calms back down (let's be honest, if the NFL is back soon everyone will be bored again by week 3 of the preseason anyway).

Not for nothing but I'll play a game here and there during the football season... just not as rambunctiously as I do in the off-season. I mean we have a whole forum dedicated to mafia now...

As far as last game of the season goes, I will say last year my Goonies setup was excellent and so many people were burnt out and missed it... and I actually had to trim that setup down a bit. The game played out perfectly, but people will fizzle out... so expect it.

That is why I jumped in with BSG. I wanted people to be geeked up for it, since its such a big setup.

Not for nothing but I'll play a game here and there during the football season... just not as rambunctiously as I do in the off-season. I mean we have a whole forum dedicated to mafia now...

As far as last game of the season goes, I will say last year my Goonies setup was excellent and so many people were burnt out and missed it... and I actually had to trim that setup down a bit. The game played out perfectly, but people will fizzle out... so expect it.

That is why I jumped in with BSG. I wanted people to be geeked up for it, since its such a big setup.

You love accentuating the big portion. Trying to make up for something?

Oh, I definitely think we can keep it going during the football season this year, but I just think when things first get going would be a real bad time to try it. Whenever the lockout ends there is going to be a flurry of never-ending NFL news like we've never seen before, and it is going to be EPIC. Nobody is going to give anywhere near the same amount of attention to a mafia game while that is going on.

Oh, I definitely think we can keep it going during the football season this year, but I just think when things first get going would be a real bad time to try it. Whenever the lockout ends there is going to be a flurry of never-ending NFL news like we've never seen before, and it is going to be EPIC. Nobody is going to give anywhere near the same amount of attention to a mafia game while that is going on.

Word. We still have a free agency "sign this beast" period to get through... oh, and talking about our rookies being busts... and Schotty sucking.

1 more epi left, how many seasons do they have planned? I'm hoping the lannisters take over and then get wiped out by the horde

Supposedly it should be a season to a book. So supposedly 7, but who knows if they go the harry potter route and chop books in half. I hope not.

Supposedly it should be a season to a book. So supposedly 7, but who knows if they go the harry potter route and chop books in half. I hope not.

good good.. yeah, cause not much has gone on with the white walkers.. when i first saw that 15 minute preview, I thought the show was about the white walkers

good good.. yeah, cause not much has gone on with the white walkers.. when i first saw that 15 minute preview, I thought the show was about the white walkers

Yea. I'd say as good as GoT was, it REALLY is just a big set-up for the rest of the series. Tell me how good of a mafia game it would make.