Mafia Season Mod Queue

Negative.. he's floated around the idea a couple times or said he's got a game but then disappears when it's time to man up. I put this game at 50/50 of happening.

but I'm in.

I don;t think he gets enough players. Most people that play here don;t even think he's real. Not too many people like playing mafia modded by mythological creatures.

Negative.. he's floated around the idea a couple times or said he's got a game but then disappears when it's time to man up. I put this game at 50/50 of happening.

but I'm in.

Thats generous. More like 30/70.

My Capture the Flag game is ready but its going to be a very non-standard game and I'd probably need a co-mod. Dont know if we are ready for that or not.

Thats generous. More like 30/70.

My Capture the Flag game is ready but its going to be a very non-standard game and I'd probably need a co-mod. Dont know if we are ready for that or not.

Get Smash to co-mod. Give me a role with strict rules. I'm going to break them and then explain how I didn't.

• Upvote 1

I'll run it, I doubt it will get enough people though. It seems like a lot of people are taking a break right now. Might have to bail on this setup if I don't get enough people and figure something out based on the number that sign up. Just felt like doing this one cause MLB Spring Training started up.

Edited by Sharrow

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys I have a game made that I think would be especially fun to run for you guys

it's a 12 player game with no coroner reports on death and "last wills"

a last will is a message everyone can type out at night and send to the moderator and upon being killed or lynched I'll publish the last will for everyone to see in the thread

the theme is "western" (think cowboys and saloons and such)

but yeah I know you guys have a game still going but I'm not sure if there is anyone else in line to mod after that?

if there is I'm fine with waiting I just thought I'd mention now as the other game starts to wind down

would anyone be interested in this game?

I see no way how town can win.

My theme for a game is Hunger Games. 24 players, everyones role is survivor. Build your own alliances.

Yes. Good concept, for 14 year old girsl that think they are too cool for Twilight, but not too cool to be mockingjay fanboy/girl/bretts.

lol

GFY.

(Its actually a great idea, and I've read 2 of the books - good stuff - somhow finds a way to appeal to any audience, fun read, perhaps Hess could read while driving, JIF can't too dumb, CTM can't data not composed of zero's and one's. Otherwise, I say run it.)

Edited by Optimus Primate

Yes. Good concept, for 14 year old girsl that think they are too cool for Twilight, but not too cool to be mockingjay fanboy/girl/bretts.

lol

GFY.

(Its actually a great idea, and I've read 2 of the books - good stuff - somhow finds a way to appeal to any audience, fun read, perhaps Hess could read while driving, JIF can't too dumb, CTM can't data not composed of zero's and one's. Otherwise, I say run it.)

+ 1. I like the idea of a topical game, and the books really are good.

I just finished Ender's Game, by Orson Scott Card which is basically Hunger Games for boys. Written in 1985 you'd think the man wrote it yesterday. One of the best books I've ever read. Already on the second book in series which the author decided to go mind**** mode (for good and bad)....but the first on is super easy to read and pretty awesome.

I just finished Ender's Game, by Orson Scott Card which is basically Hunger Games for boys. Written in 1985 you'd think the man wrote it yesterday. One of the best books I've ever read. Already on the second book in series which the author decided to go mind**** mode (for good and bad)....but the first on is super easy to read and pretty awesome.

Speaker for the Dead was great

as was Xenocide

that's as far as I've gotten with the series but I intend to return to it some day

in case you weren't aware a movie adaption Ender's Game is slated to come out next year

I'm pretty impressed by the cast myself

I see no way how town can win.

My theme for a game is Hunger Games. 24 players, everyones role is survivor. Build your own alliances.

I have just read the books and will see the film this weekend. The first book is good. It´s great mafia material.

Speaker for the Dead was great

as was Xenocide

that's as far as I've gotten with the series but I intend to return to it some day

in case you weren't aware a movie adaption Ender's Game is slated to come out next year

I'm pretty impressed by the cast myself

Speaker for the Dead has officially blown my mind. It's much more Sci-Fi'esque and a little more adult themed than Ender's Game which is more of a young adult imo. Yeah the movie looks good. After two books Ender may be going down as my favorite fictional character of all time. Hopefully the movie does the book some justice.

Edited by HessStation

iirc I found the third book a weird followup to the second but it was still good reading

Yeah it gets weird enough in speaker for the dead. The whole piggies thing I'm not really a huge fan of. He starts to lose me a bit in the ending but I just really like Ender probably because you know him since he's a kid.

• 2 weeks later...

hey so alternatively to the western theme game I've just finished a Sons of Anarchy setup I've been working off and on for a long long time if that seems more interesting to you guys

it features four of the major gangs from the show (SAMCRO, Mayans, Nords, One-Niners) duking it out with Charming PD for control of Charming and is a 26 player setup

it was actually originally a 30 player setup with a looot more elaborate mechanics and roles but aside from being impractical (I have no idea where I would have found 30 players) it was pretty swingy too

I think this new slimmer version is actually pretty fairly balanced to all parties

is anyone here a fan of SOA?

hey so alternatively to the western theme game I've just finished a Sons of Anarchy setup I've been working off and on for a long long time if that seems more interesting to you guys

it features four of the major gangs from the show (SAMCRO, Mayans, Nords, One-Niners) duking it out with Charming PD for control of Charming and is a 26 player setup

it was actually originally a 30 player setup with a looot more elaborate mechanics and roles but aside from being impractical (I have no idea where I would have found 30 players) it was pretty swingy too

I think this new slimmer version is actually pretty fairly balanced to all parties

is anyone here a fan of SOA?

I did a SOA game probably about 6 months ago but it was very different from this. Sounds cool.

Probably my favorite show.

lol

GFY.

+ 1. I like the idea of a topical game, and the books really are good.

I think I have a good gist for Hunger Games... it honestly shouldn't be to complicated, but it is different from standard mafia so players will have to read the rules in the opening post... do you think people would actually do that?

so gaype, JetFag80 and SexualBretator are all fans of the books...

def not ghey

so gaype, JetFag80 and SexualBretator are all fans of the books...

def not ghey

Now that you've moved us from one column to another in your "keeping track of who is in the club" spreadsheet I supposed we'll be getting PMs from you shortly... ?

Capture the Flag. FTW

Hunger Games sucks.

Capture the flag was one of the funniest video games I ever played with Little Sal and Baby Crusher. When Xbox oriiginal and Halo came out. I first got them back and we would play that thing for hours then go eat and watch a game wt the sports bar.

Hunger games sucks? Only if your not a teenage girl/ At least thats what Baby Crusher tolded me. It's analogous to Twilight.

Capture the flag was one of the funniest video games I ever played with Little Sal and Baby Crusher. When Xbox oriiginal and Halo came out. I first got them back and we would play that thing for hours then go eat and watch a game wt the sports bar.

Hunger games sucks? Only if your not a teenage girl/ At least thats what Baby Crusher tolded me. It's analogous to Twilight.

From a fan standpoint. It is. Absolutely.

The first book didn't read like it though, nor did most of the 2nd book. The author went complete mellowdramatic craptastic with the end of the 2nd book and entire 3rd book.