unprecedented draft bust

mark6sanchez

Last yr I stated on this forum that Gholston could be one of the NFL's biggest draft bust ever due to his total lack of on the field productivity ...However, a few of the resident lames here argued "no it has to be someone like JaMarcus Russell because he was paid so much". What???.. at least Russell had a few decent games, threw a few TDs... Where high draft choice Gholston's NFL career ineptness is histrionically BAD if not worst of all time. Mr. T also has to live with this the rest of his NFL GM career, last yr's draft suck too...Tannenbaum get it together this yr please!

My link

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last yr I stated on this forum that Gholston could be one of the NFL's biggest draft bust ever due to his total lack of on the field productivity ...However, a few of the resident lames here argued "no it has to be someone like JaMarcus Russell because he was paid so much". What???.. at least Russell had a few decent games, threw a few TDs... Where high draft choice Gholston's NFL career ineptness is histrionically BAD if not worst of all time. Mr. T also has to live with this the rest of his NFL GM career, last yr's draft suck too...Tannenbaum get it together this yr please!

My link

So you, an alleged Jets fan, are actually puffing your chest and tooting your own horn over something bad happening to Jets because you were right about it?

Yes, lets not lose sight of what's important here. It's not about the Jets winning and being a good team. The important thing is that you were right.

Congratulations! It had to happen at some point in your life. :sign0098:

VG is definitely one of if not the biggest bust in NFL history.

When Drew Coleman is a better Dlineman than you, you should hang your head in shame.

Bye Bye VG.

Probably the best thing to come from this, is that now we dont have to hear Klacko predict a stupid amount of sacks, strip fumbles, TD's and everything else he predicted from VG every single game for the last 3 years.

VG is definitely one of if not the biggest bust in NFL history.

When Drew Coleman is a better Dlineman than you, you should hang your head in shame.

Bye Bye VG.

Probably the best thing to come from this, is that now we dont have to hear Klacko predict a stupid amount of sacks, strip fumbles, TD's and everything else he predicted from VG every single game for the last 3 years.

You don't know that someone isn't going to sign this beast.

My link

You predicted it last year eh? Way to go out on a limb. You and 20,000 other people. Don't tear your rotator cuff patting yourself on the back. Nothing better than the self-fellatio threads.

My link

You can't get good players with every pick.....plus, this year, we got John Connor, who is now our starting FB.

Yes, lets compare a top 10 first round DE pick with a late round FB pick. :rolleyes:

Yes. Every GM should be judged solely on his worst pick and nothing else. Tannenbaum deserves no credit for Ferguson, Mangold, Revis, Harris, Greene, Sanchez, Smith or anyone else because Gholston was so bad. :rolleyes:

what's amazing is that he's successfully turned this routine into a joke, most don't realize he was 100% serious initially..

Yes, lets compare a top 10 first round DE pick with a late round FB pick. :rolleyes:

My point was, it was one bad pick....if I could go back and I had no idea what his NFL future would be, I'd draft Vernon 100% of the time. Not every pick is a gem....

To even bring up this one bad pick is insulting to Tanny. He has been the best drafter in recent years.

You can't process me.

i think this works for you..

you've embraced you're uncanny ability to be absolutely and completely wrong on just about any topic and have begun to use it for your own benefit.. actually makes you a lot more likeable! i approve.

you've embraced you're uncanny ability to be absolutely and completely wrong on just about any topic and have begun to use it for your own benefit.. actually makes you a lot more likeable! i approve.

I am on a drug. It's called Klecko73isGod. It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body.

Yes but if he yells really loud or uses you first name, dont you feel more compelled to believe him?

My link

You woke up just last year ? What's the use ?

And then you feel the need to blow your own horn. Dooshey!

Now if only you had said that before we drafted him. That would be something credit worthy.

P.S: Please tell me thats the kindda response you were expecting to this thread! :)

My link

And I'm sure that the Beatles had a few songs that no one liked. Mr. T has nothing to be ashamed of.

You woke up just last year ? What's the use ?

And then you feel the need to blow your own horn. Dooshey!

Now if only you had said that before we drafted him. That would be something credit worthy.

P.S: Please tell me thats the kindda response you were expecting to this thread! :)

I said it before jets drafted him.What do I win? :rolleyes:

On this very board, I told you guys Gholston was a big mistake prior to the draft. WATCH FOOTBALL, and stop watching guys running and jumping in shorts and under armour shirts. Gholston was invisible on tape with few exceptions at TOSU. So he ran fast, benched a ton of weight, and jumped high? BIG DEAL. Show me a guy who MAKES PLAYS.

On this very board, I told you guys Gholston was a big mistake prior to the draft. WATCH FOOTBALL, and stop watching guys running and jumping in shorts and under armour shirts. Gholston was invisible on tape with few exceptions at TOSU. So he ran fast, benched a ton of weight, and jumped high? BIG DEAL. Show me a guy who MAKES PLAYS.

Just because your single-A jai alai league didn't have a Combine doesn't mean the rest of us should ignore vital physical measurements.

My link

Ryan Leaf? Akili Smith? Kijana Carter?

Gholston though does have to be at least in the Top 10 draft busts of all time.

Ryan Leaf? Akili Smith? Kijana Carter?

Gholston though does have to be at least in the Top 10 draft busts of all time.

Not really.

Gholston didn't really hurt the Jets all that much. They were never hamstrung capwise as a result of him busting out. He didn't necessarily make them a worse team or impede their ability to improve.

Jamarcus Russell set the Raiders back several years. Ryan Leaf set the Chargers back several years.

In order for him to be one of the biggest busts of all time, his failure would have had to have negatively impacted the team much more than it did.

Not really.

Gholston didn't really hurt the Jets all that much. They were never hamstrung capwise as a result of him busting out. He didn't necessarily make them a worse team or impede their ability to improve.

Jamarcus Russell set the Raiders back several years. Ryan Leaf set the Chargers back several years.

In order for him to be one of the biggest busts of all time, his failure would have had to have negatively impacted the team much more than it did.

Yeah, it's not like the Jets were a player away either of the past couple of seasons. No one they would have otherwise paid $20M to over the past 3 seasons would have made any positive, meaningful impact whatsoever.

Yeah, it's not like the Jets were a player away either of the past couple of seasons. No one they would have otherwise paid $20M to over the past 3 seasons would have made any positive, meaningful impact whatsoever.

That's funny, I thought the Jets made it farther than they have in more than a decade because Gholston sucked. :rolleyes:

One player wouldn't have changed the outcome of either of our AFC Championship Game losses.

Ive been a Jet fan for 45 yrs old enough to remember 1972 Jet's drafted # 20 in the 1st rd draft bust Michigan's Mike Taylor at least he had 1 int in 2 years. I love the Jets.

You don't remember Ron Faurot?

You can't process me.

Don't try to psychologize my sh*t mother****er! Never!

I watched him play and he was a ******* monster. I only saw one game, but he was a ******* beast and I remember thinking too bad he's only a junior. The guy had a ton of sacks in the Big 10 and he didn't raise his stock any at the combine. Everybody knew he was going to kill on the bench and that he was fast. In fact, I think he was actually slower than I expected.

nm.

Pussy.

That's funny, I thought the Jets made it farther than they have in more than a decade because Gholston sucked. :rolleyes:

One player wouldn't have changed the outcome of either of our AFC Championship Game losses.

LOL okay.

So against Indy the team couldn't have used the $5M Gholston cost against the cap on a DB worth something? Maybe instead of $3M plus draft picks for Lito Sheppard - who was benched for the game - we end up with an $8M CB opposite Revis. Or a $5-6M CB and a $2-3M nickel back. Oh yeah, and keep our draft picks also. Yeah, probably wouldn't have made a difference. We were just as well off with Sheppard and Strickland and Lowery and Coleman. What was I thinking?

This past year we couldn't have used any of the depth that Gholston's $5-6M ate up. Our backups to Revis and Leonhard were just fine. Rhodes - tool that he was and is - is probably twice the safety as any we fielded in the playoffs.

Maybe we could have done better than the pressure provided by Thomas or Taylor. Hell, with some additional players - useful players - on either offense or defense, maybe we don't drop 2 of those winnable games we lost during the season and we're playing Pittsburgh here instead of there.

Or taken the other way, delete a $5M-ish/year player from Pittsburgh ( and tell me it would have made no difference whatsoever.

Archived