Penny to be on FOX NFL

PatriotReign37

Chad Pennington plans to take a year off football and work with Sam Rosen as an NFL analyst for FOXSports.

"I'm going to evaluate things and see where I am physically,” Pennington told Rich Stevens of the Charleston Daily Mail.

"It would've been (good for me) if I wouldn't have had the knee injury," Pennington said. "I planned to make a fourth comeback, but it doesn't make sense to try to rehab a shoulder injury a fourth time on top of an ACL injury. I'm at a point of my career where I haven't been patient before, I'm going to be patient now."

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chad Pennington plans to take a year off football and work with Sam Rosen as an NFL analyst for FOXSports.

"I'm going to evaluate things and see where I am physically,” Pennington told Rich Stevens of the Charleston Daily Mail.

"It would've been (good for me) if I wouldn't have had the knee injury," Pennington said. "I planned to make a fourth comeback, but it doesn't make sense to try to rehab a shoulder injury a fourth time on top of an ACL injury. I'm at a point of my career where I haven't been patient before, I'm going to be patient now."

Fox Sports' health insurance plan costs jumped 25% on this news.

Wish him well. Would like nothing better than from Pennington to succeed in retirement.

I wish nothing but the best for Chad Pennington. I dont know how any fan of the NYJETS could wish bad things on a guy who gave his heart and soul every time he stepped on the field.

I tend to agree... the guys head and heart were 100% football, he was just unfortunately cursed with a body that is not fit for the game. Would love to see a 57th comeback though... at this point he's approaching Disney movie territory.

I wish nothing but the best for Chad Pennington. I dont know how any fan of the NYJETS could wish bad things on a guy who gave his heart and soul every time he stepped on the field.

He embodied the hopeless mediocrity of the Herm Edwards Era. No one escapes the stain of The Herman.

Better Fox than CBS, so I don't have to see that little nancy try to pretend like he has any room to talk about any player in the NFL. I just wonder how he'll manage to tear his rotator cuff on the set.

lol! Im happy i dont have to watch him and his Trump combover on Sundays myself.

And Herms miscues and idiocy was somehow Chads fault... :rolleyes:

It is entirely possible that they both sucked, completely independent of one another. I'm not sure why this is still too difficult for some people to grasp, especially since that was exactly the case. Just because Herm sucked doesn't make Chad any good, and just because Chad sucked doesn't make Herm any good. Herm sucked with plenty of other QBs and Chad sucked with plenty of other coaches.

It is entirely possible that they both sucked, completely independent of one another. I'm not sure why this is still too difficult for some people to grasp, especially since that was exactly the case. Just because Herm sucked doesn't make Chad any good, and just because Chad sucked doesn't make Herm any good. Herm sucked with plenty of other QBs and Chad sucked with plenty of other coaches.

Chad really didnt suck. He also played on some really sh*tty sh*ts teams. Just sayin..........

Years back I was at Hofsra with my young children and my wife. We went to the place where the players ate to get a few autographs. As we walked up there was a young blonde haired surfer looking guy standing outside the gates watching the traffic go by. As soon as I saw him I knew it was Chad Pennington. I walked up to him with my son and said hey arent you the rookie QB Chad Pennington? He replied yes I am sir. He signed autographs and took may pics with us that day. Each and every camp after that he remembered us, even remembering my sons name. Hes a class act.

quote name='visajets' timestamp='1308439365' post='1840496']

Chad really didnt suck. He also played on some really sh*tty sh*ts teams. Just sayin..........

When your coach calls a play in a preseason game with newfangled blocking scheme that damn near gets you killed and probably started the downward in jury spiral, it's the coach. Pennington didn't have a huge arm, but if he was with a coach who didn't do stupid sh*t like that his career might have been very different and different for the better. And recall Edwards was giving practice snaps to the immortal Tory Woodbury over Pennington while he jammed big arm Testaverde into the West COast Offense that was more suitable to someone like Pennington to begin with. Simply baffling. The Edwards Error was a huge losy opportunity.

I really have no idea how Herman Edwards gets dressed in the morning.Despite playing and coaching football for over a quarter century he needed a coach, and a bad one at that, to explain how the clock works. That not one but 2 NFL teams gave him their HC jobs is like winning lotto twice and getting eaten by a shark on the same day.

When your coach calls a play in a preseason game with newfangled blocking scheme that damn near gets you killed and probably started the downward in jury spiral, it's the coach. Pennington didn't have a huge arm, but if he was with a coach who didn't do stupid sh*t like that his career might have been very different and different for the better. And recall Edwards was giving practice snaps to the immortal Tory Woodbury over Pennington while he jammed big arm Testaverde into the West COast Offense that was more suitable to someone like Pennington to begin with. Simply baffling. The Edwards Error was a huge losy opportunity.

I really have no idea how Herman Edwards gets dressed in the morning.Despite playing and coaching football for over a quarter century he needed a coach, and a bad one at that, to explain how the clock works. That not one but 2 NFL teams gave him their HC jobs is like winning lotto twice and getting eaten by a shark on the same day.

You will never see me disagree for a moment about any criticisms of Herm Edwards coaching abilities, but trying to blame him for all of Chad's failures or him being injury plagued is just trying to take blame off of Chad because you like him. His wrist injury had no impact on Chad's 3 subsequent rotator cuff tears or his ankle injury or his knee injury. Furthermore, nothing that any coach of Chad's did is responsible for making him the massive choke-artist that he was. The fact is that Chad wasn't the worst QB you could have, but the guy just didn't have what it takes to be a top flight starting QB.

If he wasn't a first round pick, he could've made a lot of teams happy as a career backup. Hell, he could've even had a good career as a journeyman QB. But the fact is, that he was never going to be able to live up to the hype that came with his 2002 season, and he showed time and again he wasn't capable of being that franchise guy who could take his team to the next level. He just had limits to how good he could ever be, which meant when he was the starter, his team's had that same limit. From the moment of that 2002 Oakland playoff game, the book on how to beat Chad was written and as long as the opposing defense was good enough to pull it off, that was all she wrote. There's a reason why he only won one playoff game for the rest of his career after that, and every other playoff performance he had was a complete disaster for him.

Years back I was at Hofsra with my young children and my wife. We went to the place where the players ate to get a few autographs. As we walked up there was a young blonde haired surfer looking guy standing outside the gates watching the traffic go by. As soon as I saw him I knew it was Chad Pennington. I walked up to him with my son and said hey arent you the rookie QB Chad Pennington? He replied yes I am sir. He signed autographs and took may pics with us that day. Each and every camp after that he remembered us, even remembering my sons name. Hes a class act.

Well that explains it.

Doesn't make him a good football player though.

From the moment of that 2002 Oakland playoff game, the book on how to beat Chad was written and as long as the opposing defense was good enough to pull it off, that was all she wrote. There's a reason why he only won one playoff game for the rest of his career after that, and every other playoff performance he had was a complete disaster for him.

That's pretty much it right there. People point to a ton of different things, but that Oakland game exposed him for the incredibly limited QB he is.

Better Fox than CBS, so I don't have to see that little nancy try to pretend like he has any room to talk about any player in the NFL. I just wonder how he'll manage to tear his rotator cuff on the set.

This -

I used to cheer for Jack Armweak .... All American Boy ...... too, until it became painfully evident that he was as delusional about his abilities as the morons who kept starting him at QB.

I will still give him my honest appraisal as 2nd only to P. Manning in his era at the position - before the ball was snapped. Unfortunately, there's far too much tied into winning football games after the ball is snapped to ever want him doing it for my team.

Spermy ... you want to weigh in here?

visajets, on 18 June 2011 - 11:03 PM, said:

No I just dont like those who criticize a professional athlete like Chad.

visajets, on 13 June 2011 - 03:41 PM, said:

LeBron couldnt carry Michael Jordans dirty jock.

You are realy comparing Chad to LeBron really dbatesman................

visajets, on 18 June 2011 - 11:03 PM, said:

No I just dont like those who criticize a professional athlete like Chad.

visajets, on 13 June 2011 - 03:41 PM, said:

LeBron couldnt carry Michael Jordans dirty jock.

You are realy comparing Chad to LeBron really dbatesman................

Between the playoff chokes and the bizarre statements to the media, I think it fits, but you're right in that LeBron still has the time and the talent to make something of his career.

I wish Penny the best. And as far as not blaming herm for chad's injuries....huh? Herm played him injured for half a season and rushed him back before he was recoverd. That equals 2X he effed Chad's shoulder. As far as him sucking, thats rediculous. He had some spotty teams but always had the leader mentality, could ball-fake with the best of them and knew how to work the clock better than his coaches. He never had a rifel arm. but he was better than Sanchez is right now--and even beat us as a Dolphin. He's what pro football players aught to be. Tough, smart and resilient. Sux he had to play under Herm Edwards. But I'll never dislike the guy.

Just don't understand the hatred for the guy.

Class Act

The hatred is a combination of Chad's own delusions that he was an elite NFL QB and the fans who romanticize his time here as if he ever accomplished anything worth lauding.

Compounding it even further are the constant references to him being a "class act", despite almost no supporting evidence and numerous instances that point to the contrary.

It would have good for me if I weren't an egg. I used to be impatient and force the ball up deep. Now I have the patience to wait for the TE to get open 5 yards downfield on 3rd and 8.

Archived