Cops arrest women for filming them

CTM

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But won't the thread be more entertaining if I do?

Everything is more entertaining when a tazer comes out. So yeah, I changed my mind. Taze him. Just make sure he hasn't eaten too much greasy food or he could spontaneously combust. Always watching out for you crusher.

P.S. COPS RULE! YEAH BITCHES!

Yes Glenn, yes it does.

I can't prove you wrong, therefore you're right? Dos per dos.

No Doug it doesn't .. And that's not what I said, I said you can't dismiss it solely on the basis of it being unprovable. There's progression in most things.

Not to mention that the crux oF the point is the cops actions were not legal... Arguing about slippery slopes is a a personal reasoning for my own belief that you shouldn't let your rights be violated which was in response to those saying it's nit worth it to be so principled.. It wasn't offered as empirical proof... Congrats, you proved my opinion was indeed an opinion

Is Doug pulling a Joe in this thread?

:akf:

I said you can't dismiss it solely on the basis of it being unprovable. There's progression in most things.

There's progression in lots of things. However a slippery slope argument is only as good as each slip in the slop. That Team America is jumping from 'please back the eff up' to Oceania certainly warrants dismissal.

Not to mention that the crux oF the point is the cops actions were not legal...

Nobody, in any part of this thread, has disagreed with you on that point. At all.

Yes! 1 n though

Wow. I mean wow. I don't know what's better. The fact that I accidentally guessed your name right; or that I was going for a fear mongering reference and accidentally inserted Kleckstyle into a thread that took a turn down that alley anyways like 7 pages ago.

Dude, you know I love you. And I know that grammar is not your strong suit, and I don't care. I expect you to mix up there and their, or your and you're. It's all good. But you's for use? That's absolutely incredible. Completely original. Never in a million years saw that one coming.

Okay, carry on.

If grammar was edible i would smash,.

There's progression in lots of things. However a slippery slope argument is only as good as each slip in the slop. That Team America is jumping from 'please back the eff up' to Oceania certainly warrants dismissal.

I know the points against spanky

and too funny on the name thing

No. What I allude to is picking my battles wisely.

I'll be 'brave' when the situation necessitates it. If an officer asks me relatively politely to step back while he's doing his job, I'll do that, because some crappy videotape isn't worth a night in jail to me.

If a cop is being an obnoxious prick to me, I'll work to diffuse the situation, and if that means swallowing my pride for a second to avoid spending a night in jail, I'll do that too. Bottom line, the less time a citizen spends associating with a cop, the better. If you engage, there's a good enough chance it wont work out in your best interest.

As for this woman, we'll have to agree to disagree, in that video, she was clearly out there with the intent of being involved in the situation. She clearly said something to the officer before tape rolled. That's a given. She wanted to be involved, and then she was.

That's the problem. The woman was not engaging the cop. It's the cop who chose to engage the woman. And he was clearly in the wrong. And the DA and city police agree with the woman.

At the end of the day, citizens should not be at the wrong end of the law just because a cop decides they are not caving to his dictat or they feel the citizen is looking at them the wrong way. On a whim

The arrest was not based on any legality. And as i mentioned earlier the fact that there are people who not only accept this behavior and choose to defend that behavior but now preach it as wisdom is beying pathetic. I mean where are we as a country when there are citizens that stoop to that level.

What a clever retort. The fact remains that your statement classifies an individual you do not know based on assumptions you are making due to a response on an Internet message board. Your response rates way higher on the douche scale than anything I have posted.

I was trying to figure out why you took it upon yourself to single me out with extra dose of douchiness for something that happens on this board multiple times a day, day after day and probably every poster is guilty of.

Could it be you are the etiquette police out on a power trip?

Could it be you were great friends with EY ?

And then i saw my comment on where i called people repping EY's post pathetic or something to that effect. And now i understand where all the douchiness is coming from. I did not mean to offend you, although i still stand by my comment.

Enjoy the 4th of July Weekend!

That's the problem. The woman was not engaging the cop. It's the cop who chose to engage the woman. And he was clearly in the wrong. And the DA and city police agree with the woman.

At the end of the day, citizens should not be at the wrong end of the law just because a cop decides they are not caving to his dictat or they feel the citizen is looking at them the wrong way. On a whim

The arrest was not based on any legality. And as i mentioned earlier the fact that there are people who not only accept this behavior and choose to defend that behavior but now preach it as wisdom is beying pathetic. I mean where are we as a country when there are citizens that stoop to that level.

You're right. Citizens should not be on the wrong side of the law, but as I've already pointed out, a lot of things in this world happen that should not. I'm not going to feel bad when a woman asks for trouble with the cops and finds it. And make no mistake about it... She was asking for trouble.

The cops first question: "You guys need something?".

She doesn't answer, the question, she immediately says "it's my right". That's antagonistic. She basically told the cop he didn't have the right to ask her the question.

The cop responds: "not from the sidewalk".

Again, she responds obnoxiously: "this is my yard".

Not a moment thus far of treating the cop with respect. Legal or not, she's already intentionally pissing off the cop.

The cop tells her he doesn't feel safe with her standing behind her, whether that's true or not is another question. Then he tells her, you seem to be very anti-police, which based on her actions is absolutely true. Again, still hasn't done anything illegal, but is being unnecessarily combative.

The cop then says, "Due to what you said to me before you started taping, I think you need to go into your house, guys". So, obviously there's more going on then on tape. Pure speculation, but since the report that came out said she thought it was racial profiling, I'd guess it was something to that affect. The other issue that hasn't been brought up is that he said, "guys". Indicating more then one person.

So, by making a comment before the cameras rolled, she inserted herself into the situation. She asks what she did to offend you? At this point, she's yet to utter one word that could possibly make the situation better and just becomes more and more combative with the cop. The worst of which was when she says, "you want me to move a foot further back" and then takes one step back followed by saying, "I'm not going to go in my house, I feel like I need the fresh air right now".

This woman is acting like a complete bitch to the cop. That's her right. But as I've said before, when you act like a bitch, sometimes bad things happen to you. My only regret is that I didn't get to see her get tasered.

Not a moment thus far of treating the cop with respect. Legal or not, she's already intentionally pissing off the cop.

The cop tells her he doesn't feel safe with her standing behind her, whether that's true or not is another question. Then he tells her, you seem to be very anti-police, which based on her actions is absolutely true. Again, still hasn't done anything illegal, but is being unnecessarily combative.

Cops are supposed to act on legality of the situation and not based on a whim or because they take a disliking to you. That can happen in a police state. And when people start preaching cowering down as the intelligence choice we are on our way there. If this woman had stood down he would have kept on his ways till someone who cares for their rights stepped up to this abusive cop.

The cop then says, "Due to what you said to me before you started taping, I think you need to go into your house, guys". So, obviously there's more going on then on tape.

He was outright lying per multiple witnesses about anything being said before the recording. There were no words spoken till the cop started speaking to her.

This woman is acting like a complete bitch to the cop. That's her right. But as I've said before, when you act like a bitch, sometimes bad things happen to you. My only regret is that I didn't get to see her get tasered.

That statement can only come from an intelligent being!

Cops are supposed to act on legality of the situation and not based on a whim or because they take a disliking to you. That can happen in a police state. And when people start preaching cowering down as the intelligence choice we are on our way there. If this woman had stood down he would have kept on his ways till someone who cares for their rights stepped up to this abusive cop.

He was outright lying per multiple witnesses about anything being said before the recording. There were no words spoken till the cop started speaking to her.

So what you're trying to say is that you are not fond of policemen? Man, why didn't you just say that in the first place? i get it now. And i totally agree. Only problem I have with this opinion is....

wait for it.....

COPS RULE! YEAH BITCHES! eusa_dance.gif

Nobody is arguing the legality of the situation or not, but some of these reactions are over the top. One single cop arresting an antagonistic bitch is leading the way for a police state? Are you kidding me? You cannot possibly believe that is even a slightly reasonable position to taken. You can try to spin it as this huge moral stance the woman took, but it's just not reality. The idea that every time anyone acts like an a$$hole to the police it suddenly makes them some great civil rights pioneer is laughable. The cop may have been wrong in making that arrest, but it doesn't change the fact that she was being antagonistic and completely refused to comply with a simple request that, if she had, would have completely avoided the situation and by no stretch of the imagination been the grave civil liberties injustice that some of you are trying to make it out to be. Consider it this way, up until the moment before that arrest happened, who would you say was the one causing problems in this situation? Then consider that the officer's incorrect actions at that point do not suddenly absolve her of everything she did. The world is not this place of absolutes that some people try to make it out to be, and just because the officer did something wrong doesn't mean that suddenly this woman is blameless and has no responsibility for the actions she took which created the situation to begin with.

Nobody is arguing the legality of the situation or not, but some of these reactions are over the top. One single cop arresting an antagonistic bitch is leading the way for a police state? Are you kidding me? You cannot possibly believe that is even a slightly reasonable position to taken. You can try to spin it as this huge moral stance the woman took, but it's just not reality. The idea that every time anyone acts like an a$hole to the police it suddenly makes them some great civil rights pioneer is laughable. The cop may have been wrong in making that arrest, but it doesn't change the fact that she was being antagonistic and completely refused to comply with a simple request that, if she had, would have completely avoided the situation and by no stretch of the imagination been the grave civil liberties injustice that some of you are trying to make it out to be. Consider it this way, up until the moment before that arrest happened, who would you say was the one causing problems in this situation? Then consider that the officer's incorrect actions at that point do not suddenly absolve her of everything she did. The world is not this place of absolutes that some people try to make it out to be, and just because the officer did something wrong doesn't mean that suddenly this woman is blameless and has no responsibility for the actions she took which created the situation to begin with.

Spreading the blame to include a law abiding citizen who was illegally arrested does not absolve the police officer from being 100% wrong in this instance, either.

Her being antagonistic doesn't change the fact that the cop had no right whatsoever to arrest the woman.

That fact that people are not only excusing this cop trampling on this woman's civil rights, but are actually applauding it is where the path to the police state comes in. You consider this woman to be an "antagonistic bitch," therefore it's fine for the police to overstep their authority and place her under arrest? That's dangerous territory. If you're into freedom, you should be into this woman's right to be as antagonistic and bitchy as she wants without having to fear imprisonment. No approving of the police making illegal arrests because you don't agree with the woman's behavior.

She's under no obligation to comply to a request from the police -no matter how simple you think it is- if she's not breaking any laws by not complying to it.

The police officer is the one trained in the law, and trained to deal with the public. It's his job to know when he has the right to make an arrest. Whatever you may think of this woman's actions, the cop is solely responsible for making the illegal arrest. I won't feel sorry for him is he's fired.

Everytime I pay an occasional visit to this forum, I'm reminded why I barely have any desire to return to it. This forum has degraded into a collection of whiny pansies. Used to be a day when this form was fun, especially in the offseason. Now, its devolved into a gathering place for Generation Assclown, my name of affection for the current group of twenty-somethings in this country raised by Hippy Generation parents. Twenty-somethings who spent their entire childhoods playing video games and texting, never once leaving the house and organizing a weekend game of football or baseball with their friends. Twenty-somethings whose mommies and daddies paid for their college, only for them to graduate and expect to make 60K right out the gate, without an ounce of life experience under their belt. Twenty-somethings who think that the world "owes" them everything and that their entire way should be paid for by anyone but themselves. Some of you sacks of feces wouldn't know what reality was if you were balls deep into reality's velvet vagina. While some of your generation fight for our nation and see unspeakable things, things that will be with them for their life, things that forced them to grow up much faster than they should have had to, you sit at home, in your coffee shops, with your free wi-fi and talk about how "unfair" life is. You spend more time worrying about Rep. Weiner's weiner than you do the rest of the federal government turning the Constitution into a rag. You equate a police officer writing a traffic ticket and enforcing the laws that society has created as progressing a "Police State", yet choose to ignore overall government's creeping encroachment into our personal lives and liberties. Equating a sole police officers act, whether agreeable or not, into some sort of broad brush of a coming "Police State" perfectly illustrates just how uninformed, delusional, immature, and intellectually limited your small minds truly are.

Enjoy your time in Dream World and the alternate reality you've mentally built for yourself. One day, reality will crush you like a ton of bricks, and the only regret is that I won't be personally present in your insignificant lives to watch the horror show unfold.

Everytime I pay an occasional visit to this forum, I'm reminded why I barely have any desire to return to it. This forum has degraded into a collection of whiny pansies. Used to be a day when this form was fun, especially in the offseason. Now, its devolved into a gathering place for Generation Assclown, my name of affection for the current group of twenty-somethings in this country raised by Hippy Generation parents. Twenty-somethings who spent their entire childhoods playing video games and texting, never once leaving the house and organizing a weekend game of football or baseball with their friends. Twenty-somethings whose mommies and daddies paid for their college, only for them to graduate and expect to make 60K right out the gate, without an ounce of life experience under their belt. Twenty-somethings who think that the world "owes" them everything and that their entire way should be paid for by anyone but themselves. Some of you sacks of feces wouldn't know what reality was if you were balls deep into reality's velvet vagina. While some of your generation fight for our nation and see unspeakable things, things that will be with them for their life, things that forced them to grow up much faster than they should have had to, you sit at home, in your coffee shops, with your free wi-fi and talk about how "unfair" life is. You spend more time worrying about Rep. Weiner's weiner than you do the rest of the federal government turning the Constitution into a rag. You equate a police officer writing a traffic ticket and enforcing the laws that society has created as progressing a "Police State", yet choose to ignore overall government's creeping encroachment into our personal lives and liberties. Equating a sole police officers act, whether agreeable or not, into some sort of broad brush of a coming "Police State" perfectly illustrates just how uninformed, delusional, immature, and intellectually limited your small minds truly are.

Enjoy your time in Dream World and the alternate reality you've mentally built for yourself. One day, reality will crush you like a ton of bricks, and the only regret is that I won't be personally present in your insignificant lives to watch the horror show unfold.

Here here!!!

G.O.B Rules!

Everytime I pay an occasional visit to this forum, I'm reminded why I barely have any desire to return to it. This forum has degraded into a collection of whiny pansies.

Lol... fwiw.. you stike me as one of the whinest people here. There's two sides to every story

(and i'll be 37 in a couple of months)

I'm not sure how much age really plays into this considering of the people in this thread whose age I actually have some sort of clue about, the ones who I know to be "20-somethings" (myself, EY, RJF) seem to have less of an issue with it than those who are not (CTM, slats). Not saying this necessarily applies to anyone in this thread, but there are whiny, entitled douchebags in every age range and every generation. Everyone just has a tendency to think the next one is worse than theirs (and I'm certainly guilty of that as well).

Archived