Movies We've Seen Thread

[

Watched all 6 Star Wars movies in a row at some point, the first time I've ever seen half of them. They're pretty good beyond Episode 1. I liked 2 enough, loved 3 and 4, really liked 5, and could instantly tell that the third one was released in the 80s.

]

Bro ... Episode 3 over Empire !?!?!?!

This is going to sound harsh, but I think God specifically designates certain individuals to not consider Empire the best of the trilogy so that we here on Earth know who doesn't deserve to live.

Lol, well said!

If somebody wants to make an argument pushing the original (where Han gets the jump on Greedo) as they were young & in their formative years ... And getting caught up in all the hype & hoopla added to the experience beyond simply the movie itself ... I can disagree but at least listen to where they are coming from.

As far as 3 goes ... Sell me on Darth Maul being the most bad *$$ bad guy ... Other than that let's not start talking crazy!

Lol, well said!

If somebody wants to make an argument pushing the original (where Han gets the jump on Greedo) as they were young & in their formative years ... And getting caught up in all the hype & hoopla added to the experience beyond simply the movie itself ... I can disagree but at least listen to where they are coming from.

As far as 3 goes ... Sell me on Darth Maul being the most bad *$$ bad guy ... Other than that let's not start talking crazy!

Empire has Lando, Boba Fett speaking, AT-ATs, Luke's training, the best Millenium Falcon scenes, the cave, AT-ATs, the most Yoda, the big reveal, the entire Battle of Hoth, the first appearance of Ian McDiarmid as Darth Sidious, AT-ATs, THE lightsaber duel, Vader choking someone over the phone, Vader cutting off Luke's hand, Vader blocking laser bolts with his own hand, Vader carbon freezing Han, Vader ordering Boba Fett around like a little bitch, Vader lowering Boba Fett's rifle like a little bitch, and Vader victorious above all. It has by far the coolest name of all the movies, and also AT-ATs. Empire slays all.

• Upvote 1

Agreed.

It looks like they gave him full-blown Punisher treatment. Suck.

They crow bar all the lame Thor Asgard nonsense into the Avenger movies. Ultron was a lame villain why not just bring back a good villain like Red Skull?

Butcher Spider-Man and then reboot it and make the same movie. And now after botching Green Lantern Ryan Reynolds is going to make a horrific Deadpool movie. He should stick to the rom coms.

Watched Coptown for the first time ever.  RJF if you got a minute please tell me how to feel about it.  Cause I have confusion. 

What is Coptown?  When I read this it reminded me that I never saw Cop Land, so I fired it up on Netflix.  Decent enough flick, but a disappointment considering the cast.  I think the score/soundtrack was sh*t.  Mostly that was probably just because it is so dated, but I think it really detracted from the film.

What is Coptown? When I read this it reminded me that I never saw Cop Land, so I fired it up on Netflix. Decent enough flick, but a disappointment considering the cast. I think the score/soundtrack was sh*t. Mostly that was probably just because it is so dated, but I think it really detracted from the film.

Copland is the dumbest movie ever.

What is Coptown?  When I read this it reminded me that I never saw Cop Land, so I fired it up on Netflix.  Decent enough flick, but a disappointment considering the cast.  I think the score/soundtrack was sh*t.  Mostly that was probably just because it is so dated, but I think it really detracted from the film.

Yes.  Yes.  That is why I ask RJF to clarify.  With the cast I was expecting I found a gem I never saw and I all I got was fools gold.

Yes.  Yes.  That is why I ask RJF to clarify.  With the cast I was expecting I found a gem I never saw and I all I got was fools gold.

I didn't think it was so bad.  It was like watching a TV movie with an A+ Hollywood cast.  Keitel, Deniro, Stallone, Liotta, Berg, Edie Falco, Janeane Garfolo, Deacon from King of Queens, a dude from LA Law, Michael ******* Rappaport. EDIT:  I left out Terminator 3!

I had always meant to see it because my cousin (the director's brother) or his friend did some post-production work on it using some computer system to fix frames.  I believe he said that they did things like not shoot at the same time of day or bother if wires (to hold people up by the bridges etc) were visible because the actors cost so much per day.  They just figured they'd deal with it in post-production.  It was easier than telling Stallone that he had to wait around another 4 hours or come back tomorrow. He and a bunch of others told me it wasn't so hot, so I just never bothered to watch it.  Until last night.  It was just what I expected.  I am sure my feelings would be different if I had paid to see it in the theater in 1997.

Piece meal it and don't take it as an entire movie. I will watch it again and check back in. Thanks.

There are a few amazing scenes that make it worth it. Every scene with DeNiro and the one where Stallone finally calls out Keitel come to mind. And the one where he screams in the driveway, which is more funny than anything because you get the Stallone face.

There are a few amazing scenes that make it worth it. Every scene with DeNiro and the one where Stallone finally calls out Keitel come to mind. And the one where he screams in the driveway, which is more funny than anything because you get the Stallone face.

Stallone's face when he is holding his ear running up that driveway is a cinema classic for sure.

That it's awesome? Deniro's case is closed scene is a personal favorite.

It's a two second soundbyte used by Howard Stern.

Copland was a ridiculous premise.  North New Jersey is populated 100% by off-duty corrupt NYPD Officers and crime-free to the point that the retarded mascot local boy sheriff played by pudgy Stallone can police the entire area with Janeane Garafolo as his Robin.  I still regret wasting the $4 at Blockbuster 18 years ago to watch that turdfest.

Yeah I guess if I grew up in Iowa I would find that premise believable.

• Upvote 1

It's a two second soundbyte used by Howard Stern.

Copland was a ridiculous premise.  North New Jersey is populated 100% by off-duty corrupt NYPD Officers and crime-free to the point that the retarded mascot local boy sheriff played by pudgy Stallone can police the entire area with Janeane Garafolo as his Robin.  I still regret wasting the $4 at Blockbuster 18 years ago to watch that turdfest.

Yeah I guess if I grew up in Iowa I would find that premise believable.

I was much more concerned with little items than the entire premise.  Harvey Keitel doesn't want to get his hands dirty, so he is going to risk everything on Peter Berg being unable to complete a single pull up?

I was much more concerned with little items than the entire premise. Harvey Keitel doesn't want to get his hands dirty, so he is going to risk everything on Peter Berg being unable to complete a single pull up?

If Method Man was punching me in the face for ten minutes I'm not so sure I'd be able to do a pull-up either.

Latino backlash against Ant-Man because of that god awful portrayal by Michael Cena. Have to say I agree, that was some of the most stereotypical bullsh*t I have ever seen. Felt like a Hispanic Baggar Vance.

Wait wait wait wait waaaait....Disney doesn't do stereotypes, those people are mistaken.