*EDIT: BREAKING* OchoCinco to New England.

Vudu

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

USC QBs suck.

Ocho has a real QB throwing him the ball now.

Pats would have been better bringing Moss back... I am happy about this... they wasted a pick on something they could have had for free... (Moss/Braylon)

Pats would have been better bringing Moss back... I am happy about this... they wasted a pick on something they could have had for free... (Moss/Braylon)

At least Ocho will go there and try.

Moss just sulks because he isnt getting the ball enough or that hes not being appreciated. Enough of that.

At least Ocho will go there and try.

Moss just sulks because he isnt getting the ball enough or that hes not being appreciated. Enough of that.

Ocho cries for the ball at least as much as moss and is not as good....

Yup. Both are good but I see Ocho having a bigger impact.

very possible with Brady Throwing him the ball. Jets better get up off their asses I certainly hope we have more of a plan than going into the season with Tonio and Cotch I really do.

No idea why anyone would say this isn;t a good move for the Pats. Last time they signed a supposed "over the hill" WR they almost had a perfect season. This sucks.

Crusher, Randy Moss was 30 when the Pats got him, right in the middle of his prime. Ochocinco is 33. The Pats are hoping he is still on the tail end of his prime and not starting his inevitable decline.

Its a good move for the Pats because he's significantly better than anyone else they had as their #1. Whether or not it was a good trade depends on two factors - 1. how much he has left; 2. how high a pick they gave up.

A 27-year-old UFA named Braylon Edwards would have been a better addition.

Crusher, Randy Moss was 30 when the Pats got him, right in the middle of his prime. Ochocinco is 33. The Pats are hoping he is still on the tail end of his prime and not starting his inevitable decline.

Its a good move for the Pats because he's significantly better than anyone else they had as their #1. Whether or not it was a good trade depends on two factors - 1. how much he has left; 2. how high a pick they gave up.

I think what people are failing to see is Braylon vs. Moss vs. Ocho are apples to oranges. Braylon and Moss will go over the top to get you the ball. Ocho is a route runner and will go over the middle to get you the ball. He fits perfectly into what the Patriots have turned into which is essentially a west coast offense based on timing and 3 step drops. They style of play that he brings I still believe he has another year or two left in him.

Man, you gotta wonder what Belichick was thinking when he woke up:

"Hey, you know what would help me beat them? I should trade for a couple of headcases that the Jets have pwned the past several seasons."

Classic!

Man, you gotta wonder what Belichick was thinking when he woke up:

"Hey, you know what would help me beat them? I should trade for a couple of headcases that the Jets have pwned the past several seasons."

Nah. He woke up and thought:

1. Sign crazy assholes

2. ????

3. Profit

So the patriots traded for another WR, who happens to be 33 years old (34 before seasons end) a receiver who is neither tall enough or fast enough to act as a deep threat which is the type of receiver they actually needed. I like this move from our stand point, the pats still cannot stretch the field vertically and its basically just an upgrade for the same offense we pushed around in the playoffs. Chad s a good receiver, but lets be real the guy is drastically overrated due to the hype surrounding him from his antics. Cotchery is a better receiver than Ochocinco at this point. So maybe this time instead of a complete manhandling of the patriots offense by our defense, it will at least be a bit closer with chad in the game.

He's cancerous to a QB. Just ask Carson, Ocho helped make him decide to retire other than risk playing another year with his nagging, whiny, gimme the ball-unhappy a$$...Yay for Brady hahaha.

You're kidding right?

Tom Brady isnt Carson Palmer.

Ocho is an absolute stud. He's produced big time numbers with the likes of John Kitna, Ryan Fitzpatrick. When Palmer wasnt sh*tty before his injury, Ocho was easily a top 10 WR and he ever produced post injury when Carson sucked balls. He's 2 years removed from a 1,000 yard season with Fitz.

Chad was one of the best in the league for a long time and he's got plenty in his tank. He's like TO, he takes incredible care of his body, he doesnt drink or smoke, he's boisterous, but he wants to win.

This is a great trade for the Pats. He's instantly their best receiver.

Both thier moves today were great, low risk, extremely high reward. BB has a history of dealing with malcontents. And that locker room leads each other too. Very good moves for the Pats today. Pissed Ocho is a Pat. <3 that dude.

PS: they are scared of the Jets :P

Nice post Kleck and agreed.

But people saying it's not a good move are fooling themselves.

You're kidding right?

Tom Brady isnt Carson Palmer.

Ocho is an absolute stud. He's produced big time numbers with the likes of John Kitna, Ryan Fitzpatrick. When Palmer wasnt sh*tty before his injury, Ocho was easily a top 10 WR and he ever produced post injury when Carson sucked balls. He's 2 years removed from a 1,000 yard season with Fitz.

Chad was one of the best in the league for a long time and he's got plenty in his tank. He's like TO, he takes incredible care of his body, he doesnt drink or smoke, he's boisterous, but he wants to win.

This is a great trade for the Pats. He's instantly their best receiver.

Both thier moves today were great, low risk, extremely high reward. BB has a history of dealing with malcontents. And that locker room leads each other too. Very good moves for the Pats today. Pissed Ocho is a Pat. <3 that dude.

PS: they are scared of the Jets :P

This. The Pats are making moves based on what the Jets are doing. The Jets are not making moves based on what the Pats are doing. The Jets are the team to beat in the division now.

Nice post Kleck and agreed.

But people saying it's not a good move are fooling themselves.

Its a good move because it immediately improves their receiving corps. Unlike the Richard Seymour trade which did nothing to immediately upgrade the team and the Pats had to play two whole seasons before getting a reward.

Archived