Braylon Edwards Situation

Smashmouth

Sanchez does not need another WR. He has 3 starter-worthy WR's and Keller. Signing Braylon Edwards wouldn't improve our special teams anyway unless you know something we don't.

If you feel the 3 we have are good enough then yes your making perfect sense. In my case Im a bit worried about a constantly nicked up Cotch and a 34 year old Plax. Hopefully the young guys we just added in the draft will have and impact in both ST and part time on the offense.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indeed. Those 4 receptions that Smith had last year were totally the difference maker.

I think everyone is aware Smith is not a good WR but he is a huge threat in certain sets and on ST. I think Shotty used him like an idiot most of the time but every now and then Smith would do something big. He was a big part of the all important field position game on both sides of the ball. Lets not dismiss this was a loss for the Jets maybe not of the magnitude of a Good WR but it is what it is.

Truth.

I'm starting to wonder if the Jets haven't blackballed the guy. Something's up. Either Braylon's contract demands are way out of line, or the entire league has a terrible opinion of him.

I really like Edwards as a player, but in view of what is going on right now I think it's all of the above.

It amazes me the way money is being thrown around that somebody hasn't jumped in and grabbed him

Truth.

I'm starting to wonder if the Jets haven't blackballed the guy. Something's up. Either Braylon's contract demands are way out of line, or the entire league has a terrible opinion of him.

Exactly.

Something is up. Braylon has too much talent for there not to be any takers. He hasn't even gone on a visit. Schein is reporting that the Cards are interested because Kerry & Fitz are lobbying, but the Cards need to clear capspace and they want Braylon to take a "pay cut."

One thing is certain. Braylon will a major chip on his shoulder and will end up having a killer season next year.

And then all the "experts" on TeeVee will wonder why nobody wanted to pick him.

I think its a mistake for the JETS not to try and see if they can sign him even for one year.

All we have is Holmes and Cotchery for next year. Plax might not be available throughout the season as an every down player on offense. The probability of that happening is very very low!

I think everyone is aware Smith is not a good WR but he is a huge threat in certain sets and on ST.

I don't even know why this has to be said. We're speaking in the context of how many good WR's Sanchez needs when he's under center. In that context, Smith sucked goat balls. Why it's even being insinuated that a 4-WR set worked for him last year is bizarre considering it's patently false.

I don't even know why this has to be said. We're speaking in the context of how many good WR's Sanchez needs when he's under center. In that context, Smith sucked goat balls. Why it's even being insinuated that a 4-WR set worked for him last year is bizarre considering it's patently false.

Kerley hasn't even taken a single practice snap and yet I'm already supremely confident he will be an excessively better receiver than Smith ever was.

Indeed. Those 4 receptions that Smith had last year were totally the difference maker.

Ironically and not at all surprised I dont remember seeing you bash Smith at all last season. Now that hes not here anymore you choose that road in discussion about 4 WRs? Everytime Smith stepped on the field he was a threat no matter where he lined up.

One thing is certain. Braylon will a major chip on his shoulder and will end up having a killer season next year.

And then all the "experts" on TeeVee will wonder why nobody wanted to pick him.

I think its a mistake for the JETS not to try and see if they can sign him even for one year.

All we have is Holmes and Cotchery for next year. Plax might not be available throughout the season as an every down player on offense. The probability of that happening is very very low!

I wanted Edwards over Holmes, but they gave his # away to a 34 YO ex con who hasn't played in two years. That's a slap in the face to a guy like Edwards. His tweets already indicated that he was angry before the Plax thing

It's over for Bray with the Jets

I wanted Edwards over Holmes, but they gave his # away to a 34 YO ex con who hasn't played in two years. That's a slap in the face to a guy like Edwards. His tweets already indicated that he was angry before the Plax thing

Agree.

Me too but something is up with him that we fans don't know about but that the GMs in the NFL do. Next year we need to draft a big WR and hope it works out, but for this year we ought to be okay.

It sure sounds like it. Not denying that. But its a mjor disppointment of this off season. As a team on offense we took a major step back!

It sure sounds like it. Not denying that. But its a mjor disppointment of this off season. As a team on offense we took a major step back!

I'm not sure about a major step back, but I don't think that Plax is going to have anywhere near the the impact that Edwards has.

With that said I do trust Mike T's judgement. If they really don't want Bray back on this team at any cost, there has to be a reason.

One thing I will say is that again, like the Cro thing, they made the best they could out of a bad situation. Plax was an excellent WR. He will surly be very motivated, and give it everything he has.

The question is how much does he have?

I'm not sure about a major step back, but I don't think that Plax is going to have anywhere near the the impact that Edwards has.

With that said I do trust Mike T's judgement. If they really don't want Bray back on this team at any cost, there has to be a reason.

One thing I will say is that again, like the Cro thing, they made the best they could out of a bad situation. Plax was an excellent WR. He will surly be very motivated, and give it everything he has.

The question is how much does he have?

They lost Woody, BSmith, and BE; gained Plaxico, Powell, and Kerley (?- a lot of hope surrounding a 5th round pick!).

I think you have to hope that the OL remains consistent between Hunter and Ducasse picking up at RT, and that Plaxico attracts enough attention and supplies enough production to replace Braylon. He's a different kind of receiver, but should still be able to put up 50-60 catches and 900 yards on the year. Just won't stretch the field the same way.

Have to hope, too, that the loss of BSmith proves itself to be addition by subtraction. Loved the guy, but that wildcat sh*t is a crutch. Rather Sanchez be on the field making those 7 yard gains possible.

Biggest hope, obviously, is that Mark is just a better QB this year.

On paper, though, the offense took some hits.

Rex Ryan just OWNED Cimini in his presser, vehemently refutes his "Braylon Edwards was a diva" report.

What the **** do you expect? He's not going to publicly trash a player especially since one of his biggest strengths is that the players love him. You always here how he respects the players and has their back and that would be shattered if he started trashing them to the press. Get over your absurd crush/obsession of braylon and realize that there is obviously a legit serious reason no teams are even looking at him. There is obviously a lot we don't know.

If we want to take a look at how were treating our franchise QB we have to look no further than the pack of freakin cast offs weve surrounded him with. Then look at teams like I mentioned in other threads and see how they treat their QB's. Look how the Falcons have surrounded Matt Ryan with talent and still had the money to sign a DE to play the other side of ABE. Im not happy with our WR situation and have not been for the past 12 years ....last year was decent but thats about it.

Who on earth is talking about 4 WR sets ???? Just because you have 4 WR does not me you run that offense.

Maybe one day you will realize this is actully a discussion forum and people enjoy looking at different options and discussing them when it comes to football. Ive debated this sh!t with friends all my life. You smart a$$ remarkes make no sense in the context to which we are discussing.

The main reason for this thread WAS NOT to get Braylon back it was to LOOK AT HIS SITUATION and to see if he was smart enough to figure a way out of it. As it stands no one is interested not even the Jets. Sources close to the Jets say hes asking for too much in thier case. SO if no other team wants him hes going to have to find a 1 year deal out there somewhere and prove he can stop his shenannigans and play football. NOW with all that being said will braylon realize this ? maybe not. But if he does his best chance to succeed is asking the Jets for another chance and signing a one year deal on the basis he is familar with the offense and the QB. THAT IS ALL>

I'm dead serious when I say you should be a GM. Cant take a compliment?

Rex Ryan just OWNED Cimini in his presser, vehemently refutes his "Braylon Edwards was a diva" report.

I imagine it went like this:

Rex: "Braylon was a great player and a great teammate and we wish him well. I'm really pissed anyone would suggest that we thought he was anything less than awesome for us."

Cimini: "If Braylon Edwards offered to play here for free, would you accept that offer?"

Rex: "F*ck no."

Kerley hasn't even taken a single practice snap and yet I'm already supremely confident he will be an excessively better receiver than Smith ever was.

+1

Visa, this weekend you were pitching a fit over no other team losing what the Jets have lost, when at that very moment we'd only lost Brad Smith and Drew Coleman... yet you +1 this statement? LOL

Unreal.

Visa, this weekend you were pitching a fit over no other team losing what the Jets have lost, when at that very moment we'd only lost Brad Smith and Drew Coleman... yet you +1 this statement? LOL

Unreal.

They can have Coleman Strickland is a way better player only issue is staying healthy.

Guys part of the reason I want Braylon in here is because of his run blocking abilities. We can still be a short passing posession type football team with 4 good WR's on the roster. When New orleans won the SB they were set up in a similar fashion with a top 3 rushing attack and west coast type passing attack. Whats worng with following that scenario ? Either way i think a 1 year deal makes sense and Braylon may have to be the one to even initiate the idea.

Smashmouth, exactly how many times did you masturbate to Braylon while he was on our team? :)

I dont see anyone agreeing with your slop. You still dont even know wtf the topic is about.

No, of course your right again. Nobody agrees with me that fans should chill the **** out, be patient and trust in the front office. I mean that is after all the one persistent message I've tried to send in all these threads where people like you have been bitching about Braylon Edwards not being resigned, and all the holes not being filled immediately after Aso chose the Eagles, and there not being a plan B...

Unreal. Keep responding, you sound less intelligent with each post...

Archived