TE Zach Miller still available, any interest?

Klecko73isGod

I think this guy was underutilized by the Jags the last couple of years with the emergence of Marcedes Lewis.

I think he'd be a solid #2 TE who can actually catch.

Any thoughts?

Hey Kleck you got the wrong guy the Zach Miller that is available is from Oakland, he is not a #2 he would be a HUGE upgrade over Keller, and I love Keller thats how good he is.

The Raiders are still fully expected to retain free agent TE Zach Miller, according to beat writer Steve Corkran.

The Raiders are simply "tying up loose ends" and cleaning up their accounting before giving Miller his long-term deal. Barring a stunning last-minute massive offer from another team, Miller will be back as Oakland's every-down tight end. Just like all veteran free agents, he wouldn't be able to practice until Thursday anyway, even if a deal was done. Aug 1, 8:22 AM

Zach Miller from Oakland was one of the most talented free agents available this offseason. Holmes, Cro, Miller would be the equivalent of cleaning up - beyond the level of what Philly has added.

Suggestion: sign Miller, trade Keller for Safety. Also add a blocking TE.

Miller would lead the team in receptions.

Hey Kleck you got the wrong guy the Zach Miller that is available is from Oakland, he is not a #2 he would be a HUGE upgrade over Keller, and I love Keller thats how good he is.

Keller's problem is Schotty. Calling Miller a huge upgrade is really uncertain on top of the fact that it'll be a downgrade in Millers career if he came here because Schotty doesnt utilize TE's with talent....like Keller.

Keller's problem is Schotty. Calling Miller a huge upgrade is really uncertain on top of the fact that it'll be a downgrade in Millers career if he came here because Schotty doesnt utilize TE's with talent....like Keller.

Nonsense. Schotty doesn't make Keller fall down when the ball is thrown to him.

Nonsense. Schotty doesn't make Keller fall down when the ball is thrown to him.

Nonsense? Keller was the best TE in the first qtr of the season last year when we threw to him. Santonio got off suspension and I didnt see any plays that utilized the TE position the way it should have afterwards.

Schotty's a f'ing tool. Its nonsense for him to still be our damn OC.

Nonsense? Keller was the best TE in the first qtr of the season last year when we threw to him. Santonio got off suspension and I didnt see any plays that utilized the TE position the way it should have afterwards.

Schotty's a f'ing tool. Its nonsense for him to still be our damn OC.

You don't have to convince me of Schotty's flaws. However, you can't entire put Keller's lack of production on Schotty. Keller runs hot and cold. In games where he does get targeted a lot he's just as likely to disappear as he is to catch 8 balls for 80 yards.

and there is no denying he falls down untouched, more than he should.

You don't have to convince me of Schotty's flaws. However, you can't entire put Keller's lack of production on Schotty. Keller runs hot and cold. In games where he does get targeted a lot he's just as likely to disappear as he is to catch 8 balls for 80 yards.

and there is no denying he falls down untouched, more than he should.

Maybe its me that's never picked it up but I dont see Keller falling untouched too often. That could be true, however, from what I see most of the time when Keller disappears from games isnt because he's not trying to get open etc., its because the plays are not designed to get him the ball.

You're right though, I cant put it all on Schotty, but lets keep it real, Schotty isnt helping, and neither is Sanchez decision making sometimes.

Overall, I dont think we have a problem at TE. Picking up another good TE is never a bad thing, but its certainly not a need.

http://espn.go.com/b...eal-zach-miller

Seahawks trying to sign Zach Miller

Napa, Calif.-- I’m at the Oakland Raiders’ training site, but where is Pro Bowl tight end Zach Miller?

Oh, that’s right, he’s being wooed in Seattleby the deepest pockets in the NFL.

I was on my way to Napa when Ireceived a phone call from a league source saying that Miller was visiting the Seattle Seahawks andthey are bent on keeping him there.

It’s a stunning development. Miller was widely expected to soon re-sign withthe Raiders. Oakland coach HueJackson hinted Sunday he expected Miller would be with the team soon andseveral of his teammates said the same thing.

It appeared that Miller was waiting for Oaklandto clear enough cap room to give him a suitable deal after he unexpectedlywasn’t getting much interest on the open market.

New, he has the interest. And now he’s in Paul Allen’s house.

That may not be a good sign for the Raiders. All indications are that theSeahawks plan on signing Miller.

If he made the trip up North, it’s obvious Miller is willing to go elsewhere.Perhaps he made the trip to let the Raiders know he is losing patience.

But again, Allen’s money talks.

This would be great revenge inflicted by former Oaklandcoach Tom Cable after being fired by Al David in January. Cable has alreadybrought guard Robert Gallery tothe Pacific Northwest. Oaklandexpected Gallery to leave, but adding Miller would really hurt the Raiders.<br style="mso-special-character:line-break"><br style="mso-special-character:line-break">

Zach Miller from Oakland was one of the most talented free agents available this offseason. Holmes, Cro, Miller would be the equivalent of cleaning up - beyond the level of what Philly has added.

Suggestion: sign Miller, trade Keller for Safety. Also add a blocking TE.

Miller would lead the team in receptions.

like this

op is a maroon

Maybe its me that's never picked it up but I dont see Keller falling untouched too often. That could be true, however, from what I see most of the time when Keller disappears from games isnt because he's not trying to get open etc., its because the plays are not designed to get him the ball.

You're right though, I cant put it all on Schotty, but lets keep it real, Schotty isnt helping, and neither is Sanchez decision making sometimes.

Overall, I dont think we have a problem at TE. Picking up another good TE is never a bad thing, but its certainly not a need.

Keller seems to have little grace and football sense.. i'd love to trade him away

I'm in the "Blame Schotty" camp. Keller's one of those guys who needs the football to be effective and if he's not getting it, he goes to sleep. When he's featured, he's kicked a$$. Then the next game he disappears from the game plan. Get him off the LOS already and stop pretending he's Jason Witten.

Keller seems to have little grace and football sense.. i'd love to trade him away

I dont know what you're looking at. Thats all I can say. When the football is in Keller's hands its always been a positive thing in my eyes. Maybe im wrong here and dont want to see the truth. But We've had enough trash azz TE's on this team to know what garbage looks like. Keller is a very good TE>

Keller is a dam good TE him being under utilized isnt his fault. This argument is ridiculous.

You're right. And stats dont show that.

When he's in the play there's no one who can say with a straight face that this guy doesnt produce. Schotty, and I'll have to throw Rex in there, has Sanchez on a leash. Once they release him then we'll see Keller and the rest of this offense start putting up some impressive numbers.

Keller is a legit TE who's up'd his blocking game to the point where thats not a concern anymore too.

Archived