The Jets are re-signing Brodney Pool

MTJ06

Jets re-signed S Brodney Pool.

The Jets were ready to let Pool walk this summer, but changed their tune after he generated very little interest on the open market. HC Rex Ryan proclaimed Eric Smith the Jets' new starting strong safety on Monday, but Pool should be able to reclaim his job fairly easily. Related: Eric Smith

Source: Lisa Zimmerman on Twitter

http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/football

Id rather we had signed Ihedigbo instead. Pool didn't seem to bring much to the table

I think it would be good if they brought Digs back too, but absolutely not "instead of". Digs is a fantastic special teamer, but on defense he fills the same role as Eric Smith, who the Jets have already brought back. Pool brings a completely different set of skills to the table than any of the Jets current safeties. He was far and away the Jets best coverage safety last year, and should only improve on that with another year in the system.

Jets re-signed S Brodney Pool.

The Jets were ready to let Pool walk this summer, but changed their tune after he generated very little interest on the open market. HC Rex Ryan proclaimed Eric Smith the Jets' new starting strong safety on Monday, but Pool should be able to reclaim his job fairly easily. Related: Eric Smith

Source: Lisa Zimmerman on Twitter

http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/football

Rex is great, but I just wish he would wait at least a week to declare starters. Same with Mo Wil

This is fantastic news.

Pool >>>>>>>>>> Smith

I still can't get over the fact that Smith ran through the TE on the badly underthrown ball in the 45-3 game. That had a 50 yd INT return written all over it.

Rex is great, but I just wish he would wait at least a week to declare starters. Same with Mo Wil

The only thing I will say in Rex's defense, because I noticed it in his statements regarding both players, he specifically stated "as of right now". Which I took to mean these were the guys practicing with the first team defense, and making the point that while it was currently the case, it could change. I feel like the whole starter-naming thing has been a bit overblown in a lot of these articles when you actually read the press conference transcripts.

I have been dying to ask Ihedigbo on Twitter how he felt about the play that he hurt his knee on in the NE blowout. After Ihedigbo went down injured their scumbag rookie TE Hernandez was kneeling on James' injured knee holding him down and then he sort of bounced down hard on it knowing full well that James was hurt. Another scumbag Patriot was Wilfat during the playoff game going after Sanchez and smashing him after the play was over and there was a bunch of guys standing around. You KNOW that had that been a Jet doing that to Brady he would have been ejected. Now I'm not saying this stuff to incite a fight with Garb I'm talking to the Jets fans here so don't start with me Tee.

I was hoping the Jets would upgrade at safety this offseason, but the status quo is better than downgrading.

who knows slats, maybe with a whole season under his belt in this system Pool will live up to the expectations that so many of us had for him last year

I see most here disagree with me. it's cool I just thought Diggs was great in our blitz package. aside from the bs calls against him. He is also a great ST guy. and we needs guys to step up since Smith is gone or guys that know the system

Archived