•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Joe is right

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 31,732 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:18 PM

Joe:

Namath says he is discouraged about the season, and is hoping for a quick turnaround. He understands it might not happen.
"I'm a fan, and I'd love to have more positive things to talk about," he said. "It's frustrating and depressing for the fans and for myself. But it is what it is, and we just have to deal with it and work like heck to improve."

Agree, its sucks, but as Jets fans we just have to hang in there and look to future. Part of making this season bearable for me has been the brotherhood/sisterhood of the Jets fans.
Its funny, but when I met Phil, we shook hands and then kind of smirked at each other as if silently saying 'ya it sucks, but damnit, it's my, my Dad's and my kids team' :)

Edited by SouthernJet, 28 November 2012 - 01:18 PM.

Posted Image

"No straight lines make up my life, and all my roads have bends;
There's no clear-cut beginnings, and so far no dead-ends."

#2 Integrity28

Integrity28

Told you so.

• Members
  • 34,235 posts
  • Locationwrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:20 PM

Joe usually is.

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#3 T0mShane

T0mShane

When it's over, that's the time I fall in love againlolo

• Members
  • 27,971 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:23 PM

No way. He had an alcohol problem which sapped him of all credibility. Plus, he's a senior citizen. I much prefer to listen to Greg Buttle for all of my Jets news and opinions.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#4 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 31,732 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:25 PM

No way. He had an alcohol problem which sapped him of all credibility. Plus, he's a senior citizen. I much prefer to listen to Greg Buttle for all of my Jets news and opinions.

Oh stop. Just cause he 's still gettin more than you dont be bitter ;)
Posted Image

#5 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 19,583 posts
  • LocationAcross the Universe

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:30 PM

My dad was a jints fan. My rebellious nature clearly doesn't always pay off.
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#6 THE ILK

THE ILK

almost banned yo

• Banned
  • 18,971 posts
  • LocationThe Hall of Doom

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:37 PM

He should do podcast with Courtney.

Posted Image

#7 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 38,259 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:39 PM

Oh stop. Just cause he 's still gettin more than you dont be bitter ;)

Meh, not saying much, getting more than nothing isnt very difficult.
Posted Image

#8 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 27,784 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:45 PM

I don't know about the rest of you, but I am dealing with it and working like heck to improve!

by Angel crazy with over 3000 post some day 

#9 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 31,732 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:45 PM

Tom's last few 'girlfriends' ;)

Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 kay_gee

kay_gee

full time Jets fan, part time troll

• Writers \ Bloggers
  • 2,534 posts
  • Locationlive from New York

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:05 PM

I laughed.

#11 Integrity28

Integrity28

Told you so.

• Members
  • 34,235 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:08 PM

ZING!!!!

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#12 Integrity28

Integrity28

Told you so.

• Members
  • 34,235 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:09 PM

I don't know about the rest of you, but I am dealing with it and working like heck to improve!

Not me. I'm resigned to making cynical comments about it on the interwebz, while also reveling in being right about my skepticism all along.

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#13 NJ

NJ

• Members
  • 9,312 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:12 PM

Totally agree SJ. Wore a Jets T to a band practice last night and got sympathetic looks and a few "tough season" comments.
Happy to have somewhat escaped the stuffing I could have received from 3 years of Rex bravado - went right back to sympathy - but I've grown very accustomed to that over the years. We will get there someday.
NATION....... JETNATION

#14 HessStation

HessStation

FightThePower

• Members
  • 24,034 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:31 PM

Legend

#15 Smashmouth

Smashmouth

Make us proud Wrecks

• Members
  • 13,298 posts
  • LocationDallas Tx.

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:47 PM

Im not sure if this is Slap worthy or Punch worthy

Proud Member of the AVM

#16 Beaver

Beaver

Blue Falcon

• Members
  • 296 posts
  • LocationThe South

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:58 PM

here is what Joe also said: http://www.newsday.c...nchez-1.4266558

Joe Namath still believes in Mark Sanchez

Mark Sanchez is coming off yet another poor performance that has many convinced his career will never amount to much after his promising first two seasons. But he has a famous supporter who thinks he's capable of winning a ring.
And that man knows firsthand what it takes to win a title; he's the only Jets quarterback to do it.
"I believe Mark Sanchez can be a championship quarterback as long as he has the right supporting cast, yes I do," Joe Namath told Newsday Tuesday. "He hasn't shown me enough yet to give up on him. To say he can't? Excuse me, he's just finishing his fourth year. Who's to say he can't get better? He sure as hell works hard enough.
"I'm not a person to say this man can't do it. I like him. I think he can. It takes Lady Luck to be on your side, but yes, I think he can do it."
Namath is a longtime Sanchez supporter, but even those initially high on him have cooled. Despite the embarrassing 49-19 loss to the Patriots, in which Sanchez fumbled after running into Brandon Moore's backside, Namath still believes.
"I feel the pain when something goes wrong with him," said Namath, 69, who won Super Bowl III after guaranteeing that the Jets would upset the Colts.
"I know what he's going through. Every bad play I made was embarrassing and angered me. I went through a lot of stuff and wasn't happy a lot of the time. But Mark's handled it well. He just keeps plugging away."
But the Jets' only Hall of Fame quarterback admits to being disappointed that Sanchez hasn't made further strides this season, even though Namath places much of the blame on poor blocking and dropped passes by his inexperienced wide receivers.
"I believe in his courage and in his work ethic,'' he said, "but the only thing I've been disappointed with throughout the season is that he's missed several open receivers. I love his heart, he's going to keep trying, and he doesn't bad-mouth the other guys. But he needs to be more on target with his passes."
As for Tim Tebow, Namath stands by his assertion he was never the right fit. Asked if Tebow, who is signed through the 2014 season, should return, he said: "No. What position are you going to play him at?"
Well, Tebow always has expressed a preference for quarterback. "Then I think he should have that opportunity,'' Namath said, "and someone else should give him that opportunity if he wants to play quarterback."
Namath also thinks Tebow shouldn't be in uniform for Sunday's game against the Cardinals, especially if cracked ribs continue to bother him.
"It's a no-brainer," said Namath, who comments on the Jets on BroadwayJoe.tv and appears Mondays during the season on ESPN NY radio. "With two broken ribs, and he's not a gifted passer to begin with and running the ball is his forte, you're telling me he's going to be the active quarterback? This isn't complicated, but they're making it more complicated."
He thinks Rex Ryan deserves a chance to return. He didn't have the same take on general manager Mike Tannenbaum.
"Absolutely, he should be back next season," Namath said of Ryan. "Hell, he didn't pick all these players, he hasn't fumbled. I just don't think he has the talent on his team that they keep telling us he has."
And Tannenbaum?
"That's up to Woody Johnson, but from an ownership standpoint, you might want to move around some personnel in charge of these [player acquisitions]. Mike Tannenbaum might be good at that, but it doesn't look like that these last couple of seasons. It's up to the owner, but he might want to move him to handle the [salary cap] finances.''
Namath says he is discouraged about the season, and is hoping for a quick turnaround. He understands it might not happen.
"I'm a fan, and I'd love to have more positive things to talk about," he said. "It's frustrating and depressing for the fans and for myself. But it is what it is, and we just have to deal with it and work like heck to improve."
RLTW

#17 StraightCash

StraightCash

2x MVNoob

• Members
  • 3,740 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:09 PM

Not me. I'm resigned to making cynical comments about it on the interwebz, while also reveling in being right about my skepticism all along.

Root trees?

you all hate me and want to be me... so conflicted... like pre-teen girls geetting thei first period.

#18 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 38,259 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:10 PM

Joe believes in Mark.

Who is your Messiah now?
Posted Image

#19 afosomf

afosomf

mon

• Members
  • 21,668 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:19 PM

Mark Sanchez is coming off yet another poor performance that has many convinced his career will never amount to much after his promising first two seasons. But he has a famous supporter who thinks he's capable of winning a ring.
And that man knows firsthand what it takes to win a title; he's the only Jets quarterback to do it.
"I believe Mark Sanchez can be a championship quarterback as long as he has the right supporting cast, yes I do," Joe Namath told Newsday Tuesday. "He hasn't shown me enough yet to give up on him. To say he can't? Excuse me, he's just finishing his fourth year. Who's to say he can't get better? He sure as hell works hard enough.
"I'm not a person to say this man can't do it. I like him. I think he can. It takes Lady Luck to be on your side, but yes, I think he can do it."
Namath is a longtime Sanchez supporter, but even those initially high on him have cooled. Despite the embarrassing 49-19 loss to the Patriots, in which Sanchez fumbled after running into Brandon Moore's backside, Namath still believes.
"I feel the pain when something goes wrong with him," said Namath, 69, who won Super Bowl III after guaranteeing that the Jets would upset the Colts.
"I know what he's going through. Every bad play I made was embarrassing and angered me. I went through a lot of stuff and wasn't happy a lot of the time. But Mark's handled it well. He just keeps plugging away."
But the Jets' only Hall of Fame quarterback admits to being disappointed that Sanchez hasn't made further strides this season, even though Namath places much of the blame on poor blocking and dropped passes by his inexperienced wide receivers.
"I believe in his courage and in his work ethic,'' he said, "but the only thing I've been disappointed with throughout the season is that he's missed several open receivers. I love his heart, he's going to keep trying, and he doesn't bad-mouth the other guys. But he needs to be more on target with his passes."
As for Tim Tebow, Namath stands by his assertion he was never the right fit. Asked if Tebow, who is signed through the 2014 season, should return, he said: "No. What position are you going to play him at?"
Well, Tebow always has expressed a preference for quarterback. "Then I think he should have that opportunity,'' Namath said, "and someone else should give him that opportunity if he wants to play quarterback."
Namath also thinks Tebow shouldn't be in uniform for Sunday's game against the Cardinals, especially if cracked ribs continue to bother him.
"It's a no-brainer," said Namath, who comments on the Jets on BroadwayJoe.tv and appears Mondays during the season on ESPN NY radio. "With two broken ribs, and he's not a gifted passer to begin with and running the ball is his forte, you're telling me he's going to be the active quarterback? This isn't complicated, but they're making it more complicated."
He thinks Rex Ryan deserves a chance to return. He didn't have the same take on general manager Mike Tannenbaum.
"Absolutely, he should be back next season," Namath said of Ryan. "Hell, he didn't pick all these players, he hasn't fumbled. I just don't think he has the talent on his team that they keep telling us he has."
And Tannenbaum?
"That's up to Woody Johnson, but from an ownership standpoint, you might want to move around some personnel in charge of these [player acquisitions]. Mike Tannenbaum might be good at that, but it doesn't look like that these last couple of seasons. It's up to the owner, but he might want to move him to handle the [salary cap] finances.''

Then I guess Joe is WRONG smh mon

#20 jack48

jack48

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 4,862 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:33 PM

The could both be wrong.

#21 T0mShane

T0mShane

When it's over, that's the time I fall in love againlolo

• Members
  • 27,971 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:44 PM

I'll put my dick into everything you love, homeboy.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#22 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 38,259 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:57 PM

Thats just weird. I love surfing. How you going to put your dick in that?
Posted Image

#23 THE ILK

THE ILK

almost banned yo

• Banned
  • 18,971 posts
  • LocationThe Hall of Doom

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:59 PM

Should have said bear trap!

Posted Image

#24 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 31,732 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:54 PM

Hence why I only paraphrase quote in original post, LOL
I dont agree with Joe on Mark. Sorry Joe :(
Posted Image

#25 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 27,784 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:57 PM

Should have said bear trap!

I was thinking more :akf: :akf:

by Angel crazy with over 3000 post some day 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users