Either Fire Rex after the year or give him a contract extension.

unbanmadmike1

I never claimed it would, but you clearly said, building up the offense would not have mattered because of how bad Sanchez is.

I disagree with that, it may not have been enough, but it certainly would have helped.

ah ok yea thats where i was going with that. It def woulda helped but yea idk if it was gonna ever be respectable with him as QB

heck look at larry fitz lol. He is open on like every play and the offense still cant do sh*t its pretty sad rly

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think so...no way to know how Sanchez develops with another HC or system...he had potential coming out and showed some big play ability early...for whatever reason...he never continued to grow...and regressed each year...would have progressed with someone different? Who knows...Jim Harbaugh seems at least capable of turning Alex Smith into a serviceable game manager...maybe someone could have/will do that for Sanchez in the future.

The Jets as currently constructed...never held him accountable...at least until last week...never found the right coaches to get the most out of him...never surrounded him with enough talent...whatever excuses we want to make...maybe he just sucks but building a Top 5 defense as Rex always preaches regardless of how the QB or offense performs...is not the right way to build a team...we want a team capable of winning in multiple ways...Rex build teams to win one way...with a dominating defense...just don't see how the turns out good in the 21st century NFL.

I dont think thats true. He wants to run the ball. Which they were able to do better than anyone his first 2 seasons. And he knows you need to be able to throw to win, he's not stupid.

This regime hasnt ignored the offense as everyone suggests. They've tried to help Sanchez and make the passing game better, some move were good, some were bad. He's just horrible, so it doesnt matter. I dont think people realize how much better this team would look with a real QB. OL, RB, WR, and even defense would all look much improved.

That article that Klacko posted shows all you need to see. Wide open receivers all over the field and Sanchez cant get them the ball.

I dont think thats true. He wants to run the ball. Which they were able to do better than anyone his first 2 seasons. And he knows you need to be able to throw to win, he's not stupid.

This regime hasnt ignored the offense as everyone suggests. They've tried to help Sanchez and make the passing game better, some move were good, some were bad. He's just horrible, so it doesnt matter. I dont think people realize how much better this team would look with a real QB. OL, RB, WR, and even defense would all look much improved.

That article that Klacko posted shows all you need to see. Wide open receivers all over the field and Sanchez cant get them the ball.

If you are right, how can you defend Rex any longer and say what a great coach he is?

If your right, even McElroy should be able to play far better, and make the offense look much better, which Rex refuses to do

Can't have it both ways

either ? or ?

he is a walking embarrassment, a clown, and has no control of the locker room

the one shred of respect I had for him I lost when they said last week what he told sparano;

"if we need to run it to win, run it 50 times. if we need to pass it to win, run it 50 times"

he wasn't kidding

he's an idiot

the jets will never be a solid respected team with the clown driving the car

fire his ass

All true, but then neither Rex nor Tanny have revealed any ability whatsoever to find a QB OR surround him with "weapons." Santonio Holmes is the most overrated player in league history, Keller is a tweener who's neither big enough to block nor athletic enough to be a reliable downfield threat. Hill runs forward fast--and that's the entire list of his qualifications. On and on. You can forgive Rex's failure to a certain degree, but he's got enough blood on his hands to warrant termination. It's a moot point anyway--if Tannenbaum is rightly fired, ain't no GM worth a nickel who will want to retain Rex and his bullsh*t moving forward. He's literally buffooned his way out of a coaching gig, Herm-style.

All true, but then neither Rex nor Tanny have revealed any ability whatsoever to find a QB OR surround him with "weapons." Santonio Holmes is the most overrated player in league history, Keller is a tweener who's neither big enough to block nor athletic enough to be a reliable downfield threat. Hill runs forward fast--and that's the entire list of his qualifications. On and on. You can forgive Rex's failure to a certain degree, but he's got enough blood on his hands to warrant termination. It's a moot point anyway--if Tannenbaum is rightly fired, ain't no GM worth a nickel who will want to retain Rex and his bullsh*t moving forward. He's literally buffooned his way out of a coaching gig, Herm-style.

I think with a healthy Holmes, Keller, Kerley and Hill/Chaz that a good Qb could make the offense look significantly different. I really dont think they are that much worse than who RGIII (before Garcon got healthy) or Wilson throw to and they look fine as rookies.

Its tough to win when your QB is the worst in the league. Rex has managed to do so. His antics were funny and cool when he was winning playoff games, now the back lash has begun for a losing season that isnt even over. Besides, he really hasnt done anything this year in that mold...he's not guaranteeing anything or dressing up, he's been very tame.

Nobody is getting fired.

either ? or ?

he is a walking embarrassment, a clown, and has no control of the locker room

the one shred of respect I had for him I lost when they said last week what he told sparano;

"if we need to run it to win, run it 50 times. if we need to pass it to win, run it 50 times"

he wasn't kidding

he's an idiot

the jets will never be a solid respected team with the clown driving the car

fire his ass

This x 1000

worst coach and worst QB in the league have somehow avoided a losing season in 4 years together.

that's some trick.

Rex is a good enough DC and they had enough talent to avoid this.

As the talent continues to diminish, it will come.

all the posters who are angry at his loud mouth and how the Jets are not respected should just become Giants fans. Seriously, the Jets will probably not ever be the Giants. They will never have that sort of original NFL cachet. And if they do ever become like that, it will be because of a Tom Brady like lightning strike not because of who is coaching. I don't know what you guys think coaches do, but they don't control the plays that are made on the field. Last week the Jets were losing, Rex made a significant change, and they won. That's good coaching folks. Believe it or not. if the team can keep winning and go .500 or above, without revis, that's an insane coaching job.

Rex is a good enough DC and they had enough talent to avoid this.

As the talent continues to diminish, it will come.

What final record would you have predicted if someone told you Revis and Holmes would be on IR, Keller would miss 6 games, and Sanchez would play terribly half the time?

There's a realistic chance this team finishes 9-7 with all that adversity. That's damn good coaching.

I'm telling you, Sunday's game is going to kick off the longest-running lollercoaster in the history of the board. Four opponents left, each a weaker sister than the last. Four weeks of anti-intellectualism and "swagger" and TWO AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES NERDQUEERS. Four weeks of talking up Vlad Ducasse's potential and convincing themselves Tannenbaum has a plan. Four weeks of mouth-breathers clambering over each other to be the first to claim they knew all along that Sanchez could be salvaged and that Rex is the right man for the job. Getcha popcorn ready.

I'm telling you, Sunday's game is going to kick off the longest-running lollercoaster in the history of the board. Four opponents left, each a weaker sister than the last. Four weeks of anti-intellectualism and "swagger" and TWO AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES NERDQUEERS. Four weeks of talking up Vlad Ducasse's potential and convincing themselves Tannenbaum has a plan. Four weeks of mouth-breathers clambering over each other to be the first to claim they knew all along that Sanchez could be salvaged and that Rex is the right man for the job. Getcha popcorn ready.

We'll all be singing Monorail in two weeks. Just watch.

"oh nos a 5 game winning streak"

would that be so bad?

I agree Sanchez cannot play QB...the regime still has many more misses than hits...Rex may stay...Woody ultimately the decision maker...but his stubborn refusal to play company man and continue with Sanchez has lost him the locker room...the fact that his offensive philosophy is the ground & pound proves my point...he can win with a strong defense and running game...take the air out of the ball...control the clock...hope for a defensive or special team score to win...its antiquated...the team cannot get in a shootout and win...especially with a team with a fair to good defense...if you want to dump the offensive problems all in Sanchez's lap...fine...but Rex has to own some of this stench as well...and the culture around the team (no accountability + throwing teammates under the bus in the media) lays squarely on him.

What final record would you have predicted if someone told you Revis and Holmes would be on IR, Keller would miss 6 games, and Sanchez would play terribly half the time?

There's a realistic chance this team finishes 9-7 with all that adversity. That's damn good coaching.

The Jets have an incredibly easy schedule this year, facing teams at the best time possible.

I honestly cannot think of one game they lost that I can point tomasmsaying, yeah, if they had Revis they win.

I think Holmes is one of the most overrated players in the NFL.

I have said that I think Rex is a good enough defensive mind, that it will never be a 4-12 type season.

That said, I think the norm for Rex is going to be 7-9 to 9-7, unless they get a big time offense.

I think he plays a huge role in how horribly Sanchez has played, and how bad the offense is overall.

I cannot give him a pass for that.

I also have seen a huge decline in talent on his watch, which I blame him for as much, if not more than Tanny.

Archived