•  

Photo
- - - - -

**Official NY Jets General Manager Discussion Thread** (MERGED)

• Please log in to reply
323 replies to this topic

#1 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,134 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:26 PM

@CBSJets: #Jets have hired Jed Hughes of Korn/Ferry - international, exec search firm - to lead their search for new GM.

@CBSJets: #Jets hire executive to lead search for new GM http://t.co/edMqbEmM

#2 JoeWillie

JoeWillie

Rookie Free Agent

• Members
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:31 PM

OMG.

You can't make it up.

#3 Il Mostro

Il Mostro

Cazzone

• Members
  • 4,266 posts
  • LocationOut West

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:31 PM

Wow. Just wow.
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. Then it's just fun.

#4 Sperm Edwards

Sperm Edwards

Penis

• Moderators
  • 27,049 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:32 PM

So at least Tannenbaum's firing is somewhat official. Still waiting to see what capacity they stupidly keep him under to scare off new potential GMs.

JetNation

2446sd4.jpg

Morn - hin - weg

#5 dbatesman

dbatesman

Vulgar Yankee Mannerisms

• Members
  • 7,831 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:37 PM

When I saw this thread title, I briefly hoped it was referring to a football executive, like the Panthers hiring Ernie Accorsi. Then I remembered that Woody is significantly dumber than Jerry Richardson.

Reflect on that last sentence for a second.

This is like having a cat with leukemia.

#6 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 56,732 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:42 PM

I just punched myself in the face. The pain didn't go away.

#7 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 19,635 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:45 PM

OMG SO DESPERATE!

If the Jets don't know who to pick from this great class of GM prospects then we're ****ed.

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

#8 jgb

jgb

Darksider

• Members
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:50 PM

you need a headhunter to help sort through the dozen guys qualified to be an nfl gm??

#9 Il Mostro

Il Mostro

Cazzone

• Members
  • 4,266 posts
  • LocationOut West

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:54 PM

Woody is dumb enough to include Rex in the interview and decision making process to hire his own next "boss". Think I am kidding? Just wait.
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. Then it's just fun.

#10 Bugg

Bugg

Of counsel whack job

• Members
  • 13,952 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:59 PM

There is a finite number of people who are a. capable of being an NFL GM and b. a smaller pool of those people who will put up with having the 2 previous GMs down the hall 2nd guessing them. And for a guy that won't spend up to the salary cap Johnson will now pay a headhunter to find a GM which he could probably do with a few phone calls and an internet connection. And he did this to hire them president the immortal Neil Glatt.

We are fvcked every which way.

Woody Johnson is cheap, cares only about media buzz instead of winning, clueless to the task at hand and loyal to people who kiss his ass.
Objective-Glendale, Arizona

Super Bowl 49-February, 2015

#11 dbatesman

dbatesman

Vulgar Yankee Mannerisms

• Members
  • 7,831 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:59 PM

The Jets also used Korn/Ferry when they hired current team president Neil Glatt.

Oh, good.

#12 Pac

Pac

ayyyyy

• Members
  • 13,752 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:22 PM

NFL Picks Korn/Ferry to Help Search for New Commissioner

The eight-member ownership committee leading the search for a new NFL commissioner has selected the executive search firm of Korn/Ferry International to assist in the process, committee co-chairs Jerry Richardson and Dan Rooney announced today.

Korn/Ferry International (NYSE:KFY) is one of the world’s leading executive recruiters, having conducted more than 100,000 senior-level searches since its founding in 1969. Based in Los Angeles, Korn/Ferry has 70 offices worldwide and has worked with many of the world’s top companies. Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Paul Reilly will lead Korn/Ferry’s team on the NFL search.

Dan Rooney hired the firm to help find a commissioner. On the things to freak out over scale this is about a - 1.

#13 JFtoLong

JFtoLong

2nd Year Veteran

• Banned
  • 1,294 posts
  • Locationgrassy knoll

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:24 PM

Woody is dumb enough to include Rex in the interview and decision making process to hire his own next "boss". Think I am kidding? Just wait.

It would be fitting!

The fact that Rex will survive this is so disturbing, he is as responsible, if not more than Tanny

#14 JFtoLong

JFtoLong

2nd Year Veteran

• Banned
  • 1,294 posts
  • Locationgrassy knoll

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:25 PM

The eight-member ownership committee leading the search for a new NFL commissioner has selected the executive search firm of Korn/Ferry International to assist in the process, committee co-chairs Jerry Richardson and Dan Rooney announced today.

Korn/Ferry International (NYSE:KFY) is one of the world’s leading executive recruiters, having conducted more than 100,000 senior-level searches since its founding in 1969. Based in Los Angeles, Korn/Ferry has 70 offices worldwide and has worked with many of the world’s top companies. Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Paul Reilly will lead Korn/Ferry’s team on the NFL search.

Dan Rooney hired the firm to help find a commissioner. On the things to freak out over scale this is about a - 1.

I agree with PAC here, I would much rather this be the case than Woody on his own

#15 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,134 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:26 PM

Yeah. Goodell has been such a revelation.

#16 dbatesman

dbatesman

Vulgar Yankee Mannerisms

• Members
  • 7,831 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:26 PM

Oh, I didn't realize these were the guys who gave us Roger Goodell. Consider me reassured.

#17 Pac

Pac

ayyyyy

• Members
  • 13,752 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:28 PM

The ratings have never been higher and teams have never been more profitable. Pretty sure the owners think Goodell is doing a damn fine job.

#18 dbatesman

dbatesman

Vulgar Yankee Mannerisms

• Members
  • 7,831 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:29 PM

The ratings have never been higher and teams have never been more profitable. Pretty sure the owners think Goodell is doing a damn fine job.

You're my favorite.

#19 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 19,635 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:38 PM

I just want this firm to be able to find someone tall, sturdy, hardended/steely, and handsome that once enjoyed the glory of playing the sport of Football. One of these Men is pretty much the only way I could see this situation turning around. My suggestion would be the latest kid from the latest and greatest team, though the level of success of the previous team can vary so long as publications agree that this franchise does things the Right Way, which is of course to hire Football Men to run the Football Show.

Overdid it.

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

#20 T0mShane

T0mShane

From devil to Bevell, '15

• Members
  • 24,729 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:12 PM

Bob Nardelli for GM
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#21 JOJOTOWNSELL

JOJOTOWNSELL

Free Agent

• Members
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:42 PM

Parcells doesnt seem so bad anymore huh??!
stick to flippin hot dogs and burgers on every other sunday - BP 12/20/2010

#22 HessStation

HessStation

FightThePower

• Members
  • 23,310 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:10 PM

I might have to hop back on to Cleveland. Will u miss me? A little? Smidgen?

#23 joebabyny

joebabyny

waiting to be stimulused

• Members
  • 9,887 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:15 PM

@CBSJets: #Jets have hired Jed Hughes of Korn/Ferry - international, exec search firm - to lead their search for new GM.

Great, more "non-football people" making personnel decisions.
TailgateJoe.com -- the #1 NY Jets gameday fanclub/tailgate party
Crown Verity MCB72 72in grill, MCB48 48in grill, Trailer with HD Directv
If you are looking for the BEST commercial grade gas/propane grills let me know!

#24 joebabyny

joebabyny

waiting to be stimulused

• Members
  • 9,887 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:20 PM

Completely different. The commish handles the business of the nfl being one of the biggest entertainment brands in the world, juggling lots of different balls, none of which are talent evaluation and player personnel decisions. I want a high powered CEO type or one of the great corporate managers running the nfl, I do not want him running my team's draft board.
TailgateJoe.com -- the #1 NY Jets gameday fanclub/tailgate party
Crown Verity MCB72 72in grill, MCB48 48in grill, Trailer with HD Directv
If you are looking for the BEST commercial grade gas/propane grills let me know!

#25 ThisYearsModel

ThisYearsModel

Free Agent

• Members
  • 1,751 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:20 PM

CraigsList wasn't working?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users