once again the vaunted defense fails to make the needed stop in the 4th quarter

neckdemon

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks to that penalty, right? I am happy they won, but if it wasnt for that gift they lose. well almost certainly lose.

I'd put that on Marty, not Rex. Unless Rex was instructing him to do so (possible), the playcalling on that drive was absolutely gutless. 

Geno was gaming, he should have got a chance, especially with the Pats selling out on the run. As far as the defence goes. They gave up six points in the last 2 and half quarters and gained 7. Rex's baby came up trumps. Fact. 

Thanks to that penalty, right? I am happy they won, but if it wasnt for that gift they lose. well almost certainly lose.

Actually, based on the RULES, it was the right call. Plus there is the reality that the game was only in overtime because the Jets were robbed of a TD on the Hill PI call. 

If you want to beat up on a coach today, beat up on Bill Belichick for not making sure his players are up to date on the rules of the game. If he was still working for you namesake, Parcells would be tearing BB a new one in his office right now for failing to do his job as a coach in making sure his player knew what they could and could not get away with. 

In 5 years here, I've never put anyone on my ignore list. Not even T0mShane. Congrats on being the 1st. Seriously, you beat T0m out in this category. You're the most clutch troll on JN.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

I'd put that on Marty, not Rex. Unless Rex was instructing him to do so (possible), the playcalling on that drive was absolutely gutless. 

Geno was gaming, he should have got a chance, especially with the Pats selling out on the run. As far as the defence goes. They gave up six points in the last 2 and half quarters and gained 7. Rex's baby came up trumps. Fact. 

Maybe Marty was reeling from the last Jets drive in the 4th quarter, when we tried to throw it twice, and after they fell incomplete, gave the Pats the ball with plenty of time left.  He wanted to secure the win with the running game.

Worst thread ever.  How can you be a Jets fan and not rate this pos thread as the worst ever.  After a win and  instead of feel good about considering that this was a 2-14 team coming into the season and now 4-3, nitpicking after a hard fought win, is simply despicable.  And btw to hold Brady at the end of the game to a FG was a great stop.  OP is a clown maybe he didn't see what Brady did to the Saints last week.  Rex did a great job by pissing into his player at halftime making great adjustment.  Haters will always be haters.

last week vs the Saints

Yeah...that's why I threw in the wink at the end.  This guy torched  a defense for a game winning TD last week, and people are upset that the Jets held him to zero TD's and a late FG.

I didn't like rushing 3 men at the end of the game, thats all I said. that pissed me off.  but I  think the Jets showed some balls in the second half with the way they played and Rex gets credit for that.

Maybe Marty was reeling from the last Jets drive in the 4th quarter, when we tried to throw it twice, and after they fell incomplete, gave the Pats the ball with plenty of time left.  He wanted to secure the win with the running game.

That wouldn't make any sense. The clock issue is irrelevan at that point, he should have went back to how we opened the game (which he gets credit for) and with what worked for the vast majority. Even that call you were talking about in the 4th quarter, the call was good, the play was there and Cumberland should have sealed it there and then.

I can understand you'd be nervous with Geno's turnover record, but the Pats were clearly selling out and Geno looks money so far in the clutch drives.

I didn't like rushing 3 men at the end of the game, thats all I said. that pissed me off.  but I  think the Jets showed some balls in the second half with the way they played and Rex gets credit for that.

I think why he done it was because they probably don't expect that from Rex. Even the commentators were saying he'll blitz like he always does. I normally hate that too but remember Rex also got killed for the Vincent Jackson play in week 1. It's a double edged sword and I'd certianly rather the FG. 

But this thread isn't about failures on offense, clearly, because all that matters is Rex's D sucked like a couple times today against Tom Brady.

maybe you haven't been paying attention but rex's defense does this same thing against alot of teams. hence my being annoyed about it not having been fixed yet

Tom Brady: 22/46, 228 yds, 0 TD's, 1 INT (2 fumbles, both recovered), 4 sacks. Got the stop in overtime when needed. And that on a day when he finally got his favorite target back in Gronk (who looked quite good and healthy when he wasn't getting locked down by Antonio Allen).

What the hell do you have to complain about today, exactly?

This ^

Shut down shop. Thread = Dead. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Worst thread ever.  How can you be a Jets fan and not rate this pos thread as the worst ever.  After a win and  instead of feel good about considering that this was a 2-14 team coming into the season and now 4-3, nitpicking after a hard fought win, is simply despicable.  And btw to hold Brady at the end of the game to a FG was a great stop.  OP is a clown maybe he didn't see what Brady did to the Saints last week.  Rex did a great job by pissing into his player at halftime making great adjustment.  Haters will always be haters.

beep beep richie. beep beep....ahahahaha

I will never take the OP seriously ever again.  It is obvious he has a vendetta against Rex. 

lol.....i actually really like rex and hope he gets to stay on past this year no matter what our record winds up being. that doesn't mean i won't criticize one of his consistent failings since coming over here. do you remember when he first came and he blitzed to the final second and we were all satying....NOW THATS HOW YOU SEAL THE ******* WIN!!!!!!!!! that was short-lived and i'd just like to see it fixed.

Hope people are thinking up some excuses for next week! I dont care if every team we beat is the "B Team". A win is a win is a win in the NFL.

Besides werent we like, a C Team?

Receivers can't catch, Ivory can't run, Geno can't think, Rex fails at life and our D always chokes.

Sounds more like an Q or Z team to me.

lol.....i actually really like rex and hope he gets to stay on past this year no matter what our record winds up being. that doesn't mean i won't criticize one of his consistent failings since coming over here. do you remember when he first came and he blitzed to the final second and we were all satying....NOW THATS HOW YOU SEAL THE ******* WIN!!!!!!!!! that was short-lived and i'd just like to see it fixed.

Heavy blitzing is how someone gets open down the field.  We've been killing Cro all week because of his bad play, Wilson and Milliner have their issues as well.  If there's a weakness in this defense (and certainly there is), it's the secondary.  All it takes is one play with great blocking and someone can bust one down the middle.

Now I know your point is that all it takes is one great play by the D-line and the game is over, but it's a risk/reward thing.  Our O was playing effectively whereas the Pats were really struggling all day.  And Gostkowski has to actually make the kick, too.

LOL

Yeah this place is something.  I come back here after watching an extremely exciting, OT win against a hated rival, which puts the Jets back in contention.  I'm really excited.  Then we have this thread, and Sperm's "Our WR's suck" thread.  And I'm depressed.

Something wrong here 

LOL

Yeah this place is something.  I come back here after watching an extremely exciting, OT win against a hated rival, which puts the Jets back in contention.  I'm really excited.  Then we have this thread, and Sperm's "Our WR's suck" thread.  And I'm depressed.

Something wrong here 

ur right. everyhting is great, we just beat the best team in the league and we might be going to the superbowl

ur right. everyhting is great, we just beat the best team in the league and we might be going to the superbowl

Steelers fans: team 0-4 on the season? Go on the road and occupy the Jets stadium.

Jets fans: team 4-3 on the season? Wahhh they're not going to the Superbowl this year wahhhh.

Steelers fans: team 0-4 on the season? Go on the road and occupy the Jets stadium.

Jets fans: team 4-3 on the season? Wahhh they're not going to the Superbowl this year wahhhh.

i'm actually pleasantly surprised by the teams overall performance this year. that doesn't mean i can't criticize an aspect of the game where the team has consistently failed though, does it?

We beat the division-leading Patriots in an overtime game that we never win, ever.

Things that are usually complained about by Jets fans on here:

Rex and his defense can't stop anyone on 3rd down? Pats went 1-12

Rex and his defense can't make adjustments at halftime? Defense looks completely different, allowing -6 yards for almost the 3rd quarter and allowing them to score 6 points all 2nd half.

Rex and his defense overload blitz too predictably on 3rd downs and end of games? We drop more into coverage than all year.

Obviously you want to see them not allow that field goal to send it to over time, but the defense had a pretty darn good game. Maybe it's because I don't expect them to be lights out or put them on a pedestal, but I'm able to give recognition when it's due and they deserve it today. I'm also not entirely sure of who really is calling this defense great, or if it's just a strawman used to tear down rex.

Best post in this thread.  Spot on.  They were beastly on 3rd down. 

This is second time this season they held Brady to under %50 completions.  That's impressive.  Especially for a team that was predicted to be dog sh*t. Nobody was calling this D "vaunted" they were calling this team a 1st or 2nd overall pick type defense.  

They played great.  In nowadays NFL, its extremely hard to keep an offense from getting in field goal range with 3 times outs and a little over 2 minutes, especially Tom Brady.  Holding them to the FG, forcing OT, stopping them and giving the offense the ball...these are actually good things. 

i'm actually pleasantly surprised by the teams overall performance this year. that doesn't mean i can't criticize an aspect of the game where the team has consistently failed though, does it?

He has butterflies floating out of his ass and spins positive on a 6-10 season dude. lol dont waste your time. he also believes in flying pigs and unicorns.

Archived