•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

once again the vaunted defense fails to make the needed stop in the 4th quarter

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#51 neckdemon

neckdemon

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 7,994 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:19 PM

The stop in overtime doesn't count as a success?

yes that was a success but the damage had already been done. whatever. i'm obviously happy with the outcome but annoyed that the defense still hasn't figured out how to seal a ******* win

#52 BP

BP

• Members
  • 21,582 posts

No, the Jets won the game. They prevented a game losing TD, and won in OT. It worked. Sorry.

How many other failures during the game ''worked''?

Larz, on 07 Sept 2014 - 6:38 PM, said: I just can't let hypocrisy go unchallenged

#53 stoicsentry

stoicsentry

Not Really Stoic

• Writers \ Bloggers
  • 8,866 posts

yes that was a success but the damage had already been done. whatever. i'm obviously happy with the outcome but annoyed that the defense still hasn't figured out how to seal a ******* win

They just DID seal a win. What game were you watching?

#54 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 46,740 posts

so i'm guessing by all the reactions herew every one of you were saying to yourselves "thank god they gave up that field goal just now!!!!!"

Better than a f***ing TD.  Who cares?  Were you pissed we allowed that one first down in OT before forcing a punt?

If we'd blown it in OT and allowed the Pats to march down and kick a FG or end it on a TD I'd be right there with you about how we let it slip away.  But we didn't, so I'm happy.

Edited by Jetsfan80, 20 October 2013 - 04:20 PM.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#55 flgreen

flgreen

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 17,175 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:20 PM

so i'm guessing by all the reactions herew every one of you were saying to yourselves "thank god they gave up that field goal just now!!!!!"

C' mon your being goofy they held Brady to 0 TD's 1 pick, and a 53 passer rating.  The D won the game

#56 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 46,740 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:21 PM

Enough to win the game?

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#57 stoicsentry

stoicsentry

Not Really Stoic

• Writers \ Bloggers
  • 8,866 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:21 PM

It wasnt a stop, they scored.

No, the Patriots did not score in overtime.

#58 BP

BP

• Members
  • 21,582 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:22 PM

No, the Patriots did not score in overtime.

They tied the game you knucklehead, please try and keep up :)

Larz, on 07 Sept 2014 - 6:38 PM, said: I just can't let hypocrisy go unchallenged

#59 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 46,740 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:22 PM

Where do you draw the "it worked" line?

Cumberland's drop that could have helped run out the clock "worked" too, because they still won the game.

But this thread isn't about failures on offense, clearly, because all that matters is Rex's D sucked like a couple times today against Tom Brady.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#60 BP

BP

• Members
  • 21,582 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:23 PM

Enough to win the game?

Thanks to that penalty, right? I am happy they won, but if it wasnt for that gift they lose. well almost certainly lose.

#61 stoicsentry

stoicsentry

Not Really Stoic

• Writers \ Bloggers
  • 8,866 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:23 PM

They tied the game you knucklehead, please try and keep up :)

Brady has 2 chances to win the game with the ball in his hands and the Patriots don't win the game = success.

#62 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 46,740 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:24 PM

Thanks to that penalty, right? I am happy they won, but if it wasnt for that gift they lose. well almost certainly lose.

Cool.  So we can't be happy because we won on a legit penalty.  You make your own luck in this league.  I believe the same thing about the Patriots, who many like to complain about being luckier than good, which is simply false.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#63 BP

BP

• Members
  • 21,582 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:25 PM

Brady has 2 chances to win the game with the ball in his hands and the Patriots don't win the game = success.

You would spin a positive on somebody sh*tting in their pants, you know that?

#64 BP

BP

• Members
  • 21,582 posts

Cool.  So we can't be happy because we won on a legit penalty.  You make your own luck in this league.  I believe the same thing about the Patriots, who many like to complain about being luckier than good, which is simply false.

<---Happy :) but stop saying I told you so :)

#65 Lupz27

Lupz27

2nd year player looking for a breakout season.

• Members
  • 3,834 posts

Clearly its because Rex sucks.  I mean, why does it take a 7th round pick a whole 1.5 seasons to turn in a Pro Bowl-caliber performance?  I don't get it.

If that kid plays this way the rest of the year that secondary will improve enough for this team to make some noise down the stretch here.

#66 gEYno

gEYno

2013-2014 & 2014-2015 JN Captain & VIP Member

• Members
  • 17,816 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:26 PM

This is another slippery slope.  Hill got a soft call on the OPI.  He didn't push anymore than there was pushing on every single play and never extended his arms.  McCourty pranced like a fairy and that got the call from a guy who probably didn't even see it.

Both teams benefited from it.

reset_buttonjpgscaled500_zps740f8923.jpg

#67 stoicsentry

stoicsentry

Not Really Stoic

• Writers \ Bloggers
  • 8,866 posts

You would spin a positive on somebody sh*tting in their pants, you know that?

In 5 years here, I've never put anyone on my ignore list. Not even T0mShane. Congrats on being the 1st. Seriously, you beat T0m out in this category. You're the most clutch troll on JN.

Edited by stoicsentry, 20 October 2013 - 04:27 PM.

#68 Lupz27

Lupz27

2nd year player looking for a breakout season.

• Members
  • 3,834 posts

OK BP who won the game?  The Jets!  End conversation.

#69 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 46,740 posts

<---Happy :) but stop saying I told you so :)

I didn't "tell you so".  I didn't think we were going to win today.  I'm pleasantly surprised.  As is the case anytime we pull out wins over the Pats.  

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#70 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 19,599 posts
  • LocationAcross the Universe

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:27 PM

Rex needed to make sure he didn't lose the game in regulation. He succeeded. Being too aggressive there could've easily resulted in a game losing TD, especially to a QB like Brady. He'd didn't do that. He played it smart, and won the game. It worked.

Again, sorry.
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#71 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 46,740 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:27 PM

In 5 years here, I've never put anyone on my ignore list. Not even T0mShane. Congrats on being the 1st. Seriously, you beat T0m out in this category. You're the most clutch troll on JN.

There are far better candidates to put on ignore than BP.  

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#72 Irish Jet

Irish Jet

• Members
  • 23,693 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:28 PM

I'd put that on Marty, not Rex. Unless Rex was instructing him to do so (possible), the playcalling on that drive was absolutely gutless. 

Geno was gaming, he should have got a chance, especially with the Pats selling out on the run. As far as the defence goes. They gave up six points in the last 2 and half quarters and gained 7. Rex's baby came up trumps. Fact. 

#73 Klecko73isGod

Klecko73isGod

Anchor Salesman

• Members
  • 22,745 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:28 PM

Actually, based on the RULES, it was the right call. Plus there is the reality that the game was only in overtime because the Jets were robbed of a TD on the Hill PI call. 

If you want to beat up on a coach today, beat up on Bill Belichick for not making sure his players are up to date on the rules of the game. If he was still working for you namesake, Parcells would be tearing BB a new one in his office right now for failing to do his job as a coach in making sure his player knew what they could and could not get away with. 

PatriotReign37, on 10 Sept 2014 - 10:56 AM, said: Oh the ironing.

#74 BP

BP

• Members
  • 21,582 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:29 PM

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

#75 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 46,740 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:30 PM

I'd put that on Marty, not Rex. Unless Rex was instructing him to do so (possible), the playcalling on that drive was absolutely gutless. 

Geno was gaming, he should have got a chance, especially with the Pats selling out on the run. As far as the defence goes. They gave up six points in the last 2 and half quarters and gained 7. Rex's baby came up trumps. Fact. 

Maybe Marty was reeling from the last Jets drive in the 4th quarter, when we tried to throw it twice, and after they fell incomplete, gave the Pats the ball with plenty of time left.  He wanted to secure the win with the running game.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users