Geno not progressing, Really Really Really?

DRJETS

Here's my impression of Bugg if he were a Colts fan on Sept 27th, 1999: "This Manning is complete POS! Five picks already this year? Didn't he throw enough last year? He isn't improving AT ALL! I think he's gotten worse! Put Steve Walsh in and see what he can do! One thing is clear and that is that Peyton Manning is NOT an NFL QB!"

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Take away the pick 6 and it's 20-19 bears with just a FG needed to win. Last night was on Geno. 

And if they didnt blow the whistle, and if they called the PI and if they got the other PI right. blah blah blah.

You hate Geno, yet you're endorsing him throwing the ball over the field to a bunch of guys who shouldnt even be on the field while abandoning the running game with your best player.   :animal0029:

Here's my impression of Bugg if he were a Colts fan on Sept 27th, 1999: "This Manning is complete POS! Five picks already this year? Didn't he throw enough last year? He isn't improving AT ALL! I think he's gotten worse! Put Steve Walsh in and see what he can do! One thing is clear and that is that Peyton Manning is NOT an NFL QB!"

manning year one 3700 yards, 26 tds, 28 ints

geno year one 3000 yards, 12 tds, 21 ints

So after the Pick 6 Error, we're goint to spend another X many seasons(1.25 is enough for me, thanks) pretending Geno Smith is a real NFL star QB by cherrypicking a few limited stats of real NFL QBs to claim he is as good while ignoriing the bushelfuls of stats showing Smith blows  . You have in this thread now compared him to Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck and Peyton Manning in such a manner.Smith is nowhere near as good as any of them.  Not sure if we should laugh at you or ask for your banishment, for a short time, for posting senseless drivel. You could instead use your eyeballs and simply see Geno Smith sucks. 

Here's my impression of Bugg if he were a Colts fan on Sept 27th, 1999: "This Manning is complete POS! Five picks already this year? Didn't he throw enough last year? He isn't improving AT ALL! I think he's gotten worse! Put Steve Walsh in and see what he can do! One thing is clear and that is that Peyton Manning is NOT an NFL QB!

So after the Pick 6 Error, we're goint to spend another X many seasons(1.25 is enough for me, thanks) pretending Geno Smith is a real NFL star QB by cherrypicking a few limited stats of real NFL QBs to claim he is as good while ignoriing the bushelfuls of stats showing Smith blows  . You have in this thread now compared him to Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck and Peyton Manning in such a manner.Smith is nowhere near as good as any of them.  Not sure if we should laugh at you or ask for your banishment, for a short time, for posting senseless drivel. You could instead use your eyeballs and simply see Geno Smith sucks. 

THIS YEAR DIPPY. 

Just this year. Because if Geno doesn't turn the corner, Woody will be forced to completely clean house. 

Please clarify:Should I be banned for disagreeing with you? Or for making you look like an irrational fool?

We're three games in. 

One thing I know from watching Michael Vick play a lot. He won't be any better so why waste our time?

Honestly. how much more of Geno Smith do you need to see before it sinks in that he just isn't an NFL QB, or at least not a Franchise one? Your Manning first year comparison is comical, anyone that watched Manning play his rookie season and then watched Geno play could see they weren't even playing the same game. Wanting someone to great doesn't make them great, and Geno Smith isn't even close to being good. Not only that but the Jets don't have time to wait on him to become good, not at the QB position anyway, with Gholston, or the Hills of the world maybe you can wait to see if hey turn into something but not a starting QB. I believe the Jets front office went into this year with one goal, see if Geno can be a franchise QB and if not, they are hitting the reset button on him, Rex and the entire coaching staff. This is why they are sitting on a bunch of cap space, so they can give the next coach & QB the tools to succeed.

Honestly. how much more of Geno Smith do you need to see before it sinks in that he just isn't an NFL QB, or at least not a Franchise one? Your Manning first year comparison is comical, anyone that watched Manning play his rookie season and then watched Geno play could see they weren't even playing the same game. Wanting someone to great doesn't make them great, and Geno Smith isn't even close to being good. Not only that but the Jets don't have time to wait on him to become good, not at the QB position anyway, with Gholston, or the Hills of the world maybe you can wait to see if hey turn into something but not a starting QB. I believe the Jets front office went into this year with one goal, see if Geno can be a franchise QB and if not, they are hitting the reset button on him, Rex and the entire coaching staff. This is why they are sitting on a bunch of cap space, so they can give the next coach & QB the tools to succeed.

I was comparing Jets fans in 2014 to Colts fans in 1999. 

And I agree. the Jets went into this year with the goal of seeing if Geno can be a franchise QB. With that in mind, regardless of what anyone of us thinks, Geno is not getting benched anytime soon. 

I am not convinced either way. I've seen Geno make some nice plays and I am willing to see it through. I would much rather see if Geno can turn it around than watch Vick just be terrible. Its much more interesting and offers more hope. 

You don't throw in the towel after three games. 

I was comparing Jets fans in 2014 to Colts fans in 1999. 

And I agree. the Jets went into this year with the goal of seeing if Geno can be a franchise QB. With that in mind, regardless of what anyone of us thinks, Geno is not getting benched anytime soon. 

I am not convinced either way. I've seen Geno make some nice plays and I am willing to see it through. I would much rather see if Geno can turn it around than watch Vick just be terrible. Its much more interesting and offers more hope. 

You don't throw in the towel after three games. 

Whether fans are supportive or critical has nothing at all to  do with how well or badly any player plays on the field. 

It's 19 games, not 3. 

Please tell me the improvement in talents on offense that you saw last nigh from last year. Salas over hill?

Let's see Geno is better than last year

Addition of Decker

Johnson over Mike Goodson

Salas over Hill.  

We had 414 yards of offense last night.  If you don't think our offense is better than last year then you need some glasses.  (No shot at you personally intended)  

That's a classic red herring. The past is irrelevant. The guys who are currently in charge think Geno can be the guy and they are the ones calling the shots.  

i know they think that way. i am saying nothing gives me confidence that they are correct. if the debate is what the jets front office thinks, there is no debate. everyone knows what they think. that's a classic red herring.

my position is they are wrong, yours is that they are right. that's what i thought we were discussing. although nice "appeal to authority" logical fallacy, since we are pointing them out.

i know they think that way. i am saying nothing gives me confidence that they are correct. if the debate is what the jets front office thinks, there is no debate. everyone knows what they think. that's a classic red herring.

my position is they are wrong, yours is that they are right. that's what i thought we were discussing. although nice "appeal to authority" logical fallacy, since we are pointing them out.

Don't tell me what my position is. My position is that I don't know yet and I am willing to give it more than three games before I want my team to make the monumentally stupid decision to hand the reigns over to a known terrible commodity. 

Peyton Manning, year 2-26 TDs, 15 INts,4135 yards, 3rd in NFL in PPG, 13-3 record. Smith is approachign that this season?You really want to keep digging? 

Who was Manning throwing to? I hope they were better than Nelson/Salas/Kerley.

That's one of my problems with Idzik's approach. How are you supposed to truly judge a young QB when you put him in a situation like this? I don't think Smith is Luck, but if he was Luck, would we really even notice it?

Don't tell me what my position is. My position is that I don't know yet and I am willing to give it more than three games before I want my team to make the monumentally stupid decision to hand the reigns over to a known terrible commodity. 

ooooh testy. i like it when the fish got some fight in em.

Who was Manning throwing to? I hope they were better than Nelson/Salas/Kerley.

i just posted the stats. didn't comment one way or another. draw what conclusions you will. was responding to another poster saying that people here would be calling for the hook on manning's first year. judging by the stats alone, that's highly unlikely.

THIS YEAR DIPPY. 

Just this year. Because if Geno doesn't turn the corner, Woody will be forced to completely clean house. 

Woody never "completely" cleans house. He always retains a handful of people (Schotty, Bradway, Sutton, Rex, etc.) who get force on the new hires. It's why we just spin in circles as an organization.

Woody never "completely" cleans house. He always retains a handful of people (Schotty, Bradway, Sutton, Rex, etc.) who get force on the new hires. It's why we just spin in circles as an organization.

+1

Year after year, Woody seems intent on turning the org chart into spaghetti. If Rex goes, so do Marty and Thurman and Lee and Dunbar. If Idzik goes, so do Graves and Bradway and Bauer. **** cleaning house. We need to napalm the house, piss on the ashes, salt the earth, and build a new house five miles down the road.

Let's see Geno is better than last year

Addition of Decker

Johnson over Mike Goodson

Salas over Hill.  

We had 414 yards of offense last night.  If you don't think our offense is better than last year then you need some glasses.  (No shot at you pehrsonally intended)  

Where Decker have been since the second quarter against the Packers? Had you been watching the Jets?  Did you watch Johnson this year?  Just last night 10 carries 34 yards including two drops.  Please try watching the game, then make your point, fair?

414 yards of offense with these wideout give me hope in Geno.

I am confident with Geno between the 20's

but red zone Geno?  scary stuff man!

That is the problem, blackout.  There is no playmakers on this team when the field cannot be stretched inside the 20, other than Decker and he had been sideline with a hammy.  Kerley is a nice addition but it is impossible to throw to him over the top because of his height.

+1

Year after year, Woody seems intent on turning the org chart into spaghetti. If Rex goes, so do Marty and Thurman and Lee and Dunbar. If Idzik goes, so do Graves and Bradway and Bauer. **** cleaning house. We need to napalm the house, piss on the ashes, salt the earth, and build a new house five miles down the road.

Maybe if we just change the uniforms Woody.

+1

Check me if I'm wrong Sandy, but if I kill all the golfers FO personnel, they're gonna lock me up and throw away the key...

Where Decker have been since the second quarter against the Packers? Had you been watching the Jets?  Did you watch Johnson this year?  Just last night 10 carries 34 yards including two drops.  Please try watching the game, then make your point, fair?

414 yards of offense with these wideout give me hope in Geno.

I was at the game buddy.  Johnson didn't put up the numbers last night but you can't tell me that he isn't a upgrade over Goodson.  Decker is a clear upgrade even if he has been out.   I don't know where you are coming from saying that this years offense isnt better than last when it clearly is.  

Archived