My review of my top 12 receivers and more in the 2015 draft

Tony The Wiz

Want to give you my run down of my top receivers in this upcoming draft. First I will tell you that in the last 3 years due to injury on the job I have watched at least 750 games between Division 1, 1aa, 2 and even 3. Mount union has given the NFL a couple of good receivers. So I been evaluating the draft for a long time as I said in many post. If you follow me I gave you my top players last year and it is in my content. I also evaluated in a previous post yesterday on which QB I would rather have poll and I gave an explanation on how I came to Mariota was the QB who should come off 1st off the draft. You could take a look on that persons post and see how I came to a conclusion. First I am a rabid Jet fan and Patriot hater and even had a Mr.Joe Namath's autograph on a one dollar bill which he personally autographed it for me back in the early seventies. Joe was my idoland hung out in my old neighborhood. So before I rate my receiver groups all you haters out

there and start insulting me I really don't respect that. I do respect you disagreeing because that is your right. Just hopefully when you disagree you have watched that particular player play anddetermined your decision and not on Mel Kiper stats. Remember we all have been

wrong on picks as well as GMS out there. Remember Ryan Leaf. We all got that wrong. But I have to say I was correct and all the so called experts were wrong on Mark Sanchez and then Geno Smith. Mysons as all Jet fans loved getting Sanchez. I was totally against it since he only

had 18 starts and he wasn't ready for the NFL. Even his own coach stated it. Did anyone watch him at the combine? His accuracy wasn't good throwing to a sideline but he was good on post patterns. He saw the money and came out. Geno Smith was another one which was all hype

from playing in a weak defensive Big 12. Watched him in the Pinstripe Bowl and got out played badly by the Syracuse QB who was drafted by the Giants. What botheed me more about Geno was his immaturity during that game yelling at his players and looking always down on himself.

He was like that all year and it showed more the day of the draft. Well guess what Jet fans he is still like that. My three all time picks for the Jets where I was all in on was Mark Gatineau who I fell in love as a player at the Hula bowl, Freeman Mcneil who I watched at U.C.L.A.

and Chad Penington who I jumped 10 feet in the air when we selected him. It was a shame that his career was marred by injuries. The worst three picks

where I got sick to my stomach and there was a lot to pick was Johnny Lam Jones out of Texas A%M who was a track star playing football, Dewayne Robertson{I still don't understand this} and Kyle Brady{Why?}. Some good memories but a lot of bad memmories. So before I rank my receivers

I want to give the person a shout out to who emailed me from Austraila thanking me with my College update. I thank you for being a New York Jet fan.

So here I go giving you my receivers rankings and why I think they will be excellent, good or average receivers in this

upcoming draft.

My Top 12 and where they should go.

1. JALEN STRONG - out of Arizona St. - Why do I love this receiver? At nearly 6 foot 3 with 3/4 cleates he has big

hands and catching everything. He plays bigger han he is. More like a 6:5 guy. He fights for the ball like he is going to do in he NFL. He was actually

faster than I thought at the combine. Also what I have heard he has been a good student and person. Also remember his starting QB

was injured and a new QB came in who I actually thought was better for a few games. Than the original QB came back and he was more of a running QB. His numbers would of been better and the offense was all him. Reminds me of Fitzerald.

2. DAVONTE PARKER - Louisville- At 6:2 1/2 bare feet is also a big receiver with speed and again great hands. Was

better last year before he got injured with a better QB. Good route runner and should be a top 10 pick like Strong. Also has been time at 4:45 and is real smooth.

3. DORIAL GREEN-BECKHAM - Was at Missouri.- The best receiver in this draft talent wise. I love big receivers for the

NFL and ones who are fast even better. At near 6:6 with cleates he is as close to Megatron that I have seen physically. He is better than

Benjamin from last year but obviously he has red flags with his suspension from asault on his girlfriends roommate and his two smoking the

weed charges. But talent wise he is the whole package. Some one will take him in the mid 1st or sooner. He is that good.

4. DEVIN SMITH - OHIO ST. - He really moved up for me since he is a big play and big game receiver. He sort of

reminds me of another Smith in Steve but he is physically bigger and the same height as Cooper. He runs 4:42 which I thought was slow for him

as he must have a burst since he looks lke a 4:35 kind of speed on the football field. Some people have him a 2nd round pick and I can't see

that as this drafts best atletes are receivers. He should be picked around 18 to 22

5. KEVIN WHITE - West Virginia - The hardest WR to figure. At 6:3 1/2 with cleates and 4:35 speed he has all the attributes as a number 1 receiver but there is one game that bothers me was the TCU game which I watched and he got blanketed by a 5:9 cornerback with his same name. I love Kevin White the cornerback and if he was 3 inches taller he be in my top 5 cornerbacks but Kevin White the receiver should of never got shut down. He was also frustrated in this game and showed it on the field. But his physical tools lands him in the first round and probably beforeSmith and may go in top 10. I like him like Smith around 18 to 22.

6. TYLER LOCKETT - Kansas St.- This is when all Jet fans are going to call me every name in the book. Where is Cooper.

Why I like Lockett more, but the Jets don't need him, is that he will be not only a wonderful receiver but a really good return man.

If we sign Harvin we don't need a returner. Coming out of college he is way better than a receiver all you Jet fans want if Harvin

leaves and that is Randall Cobb. Watched Cobb at Kentucky and loved him and he turned out real good just like I am saying with Lockett.

He has blood lines and at 5:10 bare feet and 4:40 speed he will be a top slot guy like Cruz is with the Giants. 1ST round around 24-28

7. AMARI COOPER - Alabama - Now what do I hve against the favorite receiver of all the Jet fans and Mel Kiper. I have nothing against him. Did I watch him ths year. Yeah I watched him in at least 7 games. He is a good route runner and excellent hands

and ran a faster speed than I thought he was going to run. I thought he was a 4:5 and up guy but he ran a 4:42 which vaulted him ahead of Justin Hardy who I dropped down. There is no problem with Amari but he does play with better players who all are 4 to 5 star players.

None of the above receivers that I reviewed played with the hands down best TE in college and none played with two top RBS in college. Also the other two receivers he plays with on the other side of him were at the Combine. With all of this favoring him and with an adaquate

QB he had such an advantage over these other receivers. Against Ohio st. he should of been dominant sometimes going against the freshman

cornerback in Apple and vs Ole Miss again he went against a 5:9 corner in Golson. He is going to the NFL now and the playing field will be different.

I do like him and he is a first rounder. He is a 6:1 with cleates receiver who can run so I would have him in the 26-29 range.

THOSE ARE MY FIRST ROUNDERS

8. JUSTIN HARDY - East Carolina - Love this guy. He catches everything in traffic or outside. He reminds me

of a better Jericho Cotchery. I was going to drop him more than I did after seing his 40 time which was slow at 4:56 and at his size of

5:10.2 but I can't. He is that good. Every time I watched him he made the big catch and he is a possesion receiver so for that he is an easy real

early 2nd round receiver.

9. SAMMIE COATES - AUBURN - Love his size and speed. A half inch bigger than Amari and almost exactly the same

weight and speed. The difference is Amari is steady with his hands and Sammie sometimes loses focus and drops a ball that

could be a TD pass. That is why you are a early to mid 2nd rounder. It is inconsistency.

10. NELSON AGHOLAR - USC - What is he as a receiver. He is as steady as they come. Good hands and can

make you miss. He is slippery and makes big receptions. Slightly shorter in height and weight but remids you of Amari but less to fight

for the ball. He move up for me this year in rankings. Mid 2nd

11. BRESHARD PERRIMAN - Miami - Really wanted to see him at the combine but what I saw of him during the season

is a wonderful receiver with a sub par QB. Size wise at nearly 6:2 1/2 with 3/4 quatrer cleates he has really good size and he has

a mediun 4:5 forty. Another big time receiver who was hurt from not having a good QB. He is also a mid 2nd in my mind.

This one was a tough one. I had three receivers who I liked in Vince Mayle because of production and size, Stefon Diggs

who was a highly sought prospect and Deontay Greenberry who I loved all year but just fell out of the top 12. So I hanged my 12 to a receiver

who was highly touted and was really good when I did watch him before he got injured.My number

12. CHRIS CONLEY- Yes he was injured and I don't like picking players who didn't perform but I always like what I

saw last year and this year. The combine you saw why he was a rivals 3 star receiver. At 6:1 1/2 bare foot he has the size and at 4:35 speed

and his jumping ability he is to good not to select. He is a home run kind of receiver where he can take a 10 yard out and break a tackle

and he is gone. Late 2nd or real early 3rd.

Just misses is the three I mentioned and Phillip Dorsett and all tha speed. All 4 of these receivers should

go in the third round especially Greenberry who was a big time recruit who was the seventh best wr at rivals.com

Receivers who really dropped in this draft for me is Ty Montgomery who was not as fast as I thouht and had a

bad year, Josh Harper who did not show me anything when I watched him and Jamison Crowder who at 5:8 ran a 4:56 forty. I still think

he makes it as a 4th round pick.

Steady receivers who are mid round receivers Tony Lippet, Rashad Greene, Dres Anderson and Kenny Bell.

Receivers who are my sleepers who I like due to prodution is Titus Davis. He will probably go late but this guy is a big

time receiver. Other sleepers who no one talks about are Cam Worthy out of East Caroina who was overshadowed by Justin Hardy and Tre Mcbride of

division 1a William and Mary. Worthy I watch a lot and his size and hands are really worthy for a team no pun intended. Mcbride is

an athlete and he is one to watch at the draft. I like him a real lot between speed, hands, size and runs kickoffs and he could be

the Brian Westbrook kind of value but as a receiver.

note: Receiver who have an upside but was injured and came back but I lke him is Austin Hill. Another on to watch.

Again love the originality. Im not sure if Strong is the best WR of them all, but I definitely agree that Amari Cooper is overrated. Knocking him down to #7 doesnt seem outrageous. He could be anywhere within that #3-#7 range honestly. Like you, I dont think he's the best WR in the draft. 

I like that Tyler Lockett is getting love. Dude plays way bigger than his size would suggest. He's more than just a slot WR. 

You are so far off in your Cooper assessment

1) OJ Howard has not come close to expectations, do not even think he caught 20 balls

2) He was timed by Phil Savage at 4.35, same as white and he edged white in simulcast

3) Bama's OL was very average this yr, and TJ Yeldon was at 60% for most of yr, Drake was lost for yr after Miss game, Henry is a big back but has no shiftiness.

4) Vs Ohio St he was double covered for entire game and he still caught 2 TD passes, OSU's plan was to make someone else beat them. Vs Ole Miss he only had 9 catches for 91...shame on Amari!

5) he played with Blake Simms as his QB,  a 5th yr senior who is a great athlete, but an average QB at best

6) You are a Lady Dame fan I get it, the hate for Bama is real as we kicked your ass all over the field.

1) OJ Howard has not come close to expectations, do not even think he caught 20 balls

2) He was timed by Phil Savage at 4.35, same as white and he edged white in simulcast

3) Bama's OL was very average this yr, and TJ Yeldon was at 60% for most of yr, Drake was lost for yr after Miss game, Henry is a big back but has no shiftiness.

4) Vs Ohio St he was double covered for entire game and he still caught 2 TD passes, OSU's plan was to make someone else beat them. Vs Ole Miss he only had 9 catches for 91...shame on Amari!

5) he played with Blake Simms as his QB,  a 5th yr senior who is a great athlete, but an average QB at best

6) You are a Lady Dame fan I get it, the hate for Bama is real as we kicked your ass all over the field.

O.J Howard is considered by every talent evaluator as the number 1 TE in his year.

^^ this guy

O.J Howard is considered by every talent evaluator as the number 1 TE in his year.

he underachieved and he was not a big part of offense, I watch every game while you don't. He has potential for sure. Cooper was the main target every week and every team they played knew it and still could not stop him.

he underachieved and he was not a big part of offense, I watch every game while you don't. He has potential for sure. Cooper was the main target every week and every team they played knew it and still could not stop him.

Do you understand anything about football. First of all the safety's had to play the TE out of respect on how good this recruit is. So because of this it opens up lanes for Cooper where as other teams did not have this recruit to do that. I know you are an Alabama homer but I don't care about teams. I evaluate the player and his situation where he is playing. Like I said before Cooper had many advantages.

Do you understand anything about football. First of all the safety's had to play the TE out of respect on how good this recruit is. So because of this it opens up lanes for Cooper where as other teams did not have this recruit to do that. I know you are an Alabama homer but I don't care about teams. I evaluate the player and his situation where he is playing. Like I said before Cooper had many advantages.

You are right I know nada bout foosball, and you are the one rating him in 24-31 range. You must be watching a different game mon.

You are right I know nada bout foosball, and you are the one rating him in 24-31 range. You must be watching a different game mon.

I said that he is a good football player and a big time high school recruit. But in my opinion he is not the best receiver in this draft. He is by no means Julio Jones who was a top 6 receiver.

So I wasn't the only one who picked up on him spelling his top Wide Receiver's name wrong?

Sorry if my typing on internet explorer doesn't pick up some letters. His first name is Jaelen but who really cares but it is post like yours that you should not even be a football fan since you just want to make fun of people. Like I said before there will be jokesters and you one of them.

Sorry if my typing on internet explorer doesn't pick up some letters. His first name is Jaelen but who really cares but it is post like yours that you should not even be a football fan since you just want to make fun of people. Like I said before there will be jokesters and you one of them.

Perriman went to UCF fyi

Ok so for those who didn't get to see the St Petersburg Bowl, Breshad Perriman's stat line was better than he played. Half his catches were vs. soft coverage on a couple slants and hooks early in the first half.  He was eventually pressed and completely neutralized until the last 5 mins of the game when NC State had a two TD lead, they went prevent, where Perriman picked up the other half of his catches and most of his yards.  

Ok so for those who didn't get to see the St Petersburg Bowl, Breshad Perriman's stat line was better than he played. Half his catches were vs. soft coverage on a couple slants and hooks early in the first half.  He was eventually pressed and completely neutralized until the last 5 mins of the game when NC State had a two TD lead, they went prevent, where Perriman picked up the other half of his catches and most of his yards.

Breshad again had a lousy QB and you can't see the talent that he has from this. Yes his bowl game was not impressive but if you watched the game the QB was terrible.

Archived