New York Jets to host Amari Cooper, Andrus Peat this week

F.Chowds

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cruz & Beckham totally remind me of the fanhood behind Carmelo Anthony and the knicks. For me they're equivocal talents overrated and overhyped. Eli isn't good either.

Well they would be just like Carmelo Anthony if Anthony won multiple championships and the media kissed his ass.

Well they would be just like Carmelo Anthony if Anthony won multiple championships and the media kissed his ass.

Yeah I don't even understand where he got that from.  Beckham is over hyped?  The guy just had about the greatest season any rookie receiver ever had and did it in just 12 games.  Some folks just like to hate.... 

In the 40 yard dash? It appears to be so. In game action? I will just have to trust my lying eyes...  The ability to go in and out of breaks without losing speed, the ability to accelerate, all of that counts too for me and Cruz plays much faster than his 40 time.  I am sure you would agree with that. 

Not saying Kerely is an all star but he at the least plays faster then his 4.5 .. Point being, 40 doesn't mean everything.

When people talk fast they mean 40. If you want to talk quickness and in and out of breaks then compare the cone and shuttle times.  I don't think Victor Cruz is super fast, but he does have excellent quickness.  If you are going to compare things, at least  compare the correct measurement.

Except Matt Simms and Bilal Powell

Danny Woodhead.

When people talk fast they mean 40. If you want to talk quickness and in and out of breaks then compare the cone and shuttle times. I don't think Victor Cruz is super fast, but he does have excellent quickness. If you are going to compare things, at least compare the correct measurement.

Danny Woodhead.

Cruz is definitely more explosive than cooper

When people talk fast they mean 40. If you want to talk quickness and in and out of breaks then compare the cone and shuttle times. I don't think Victor Cruz is super fast, but he does have excellent quickness. If you are going to compare things, at least compare the correct measurement.

Danny Woodhead.

Thanks. Will do next time.

I'd take White over Cooper. If he's there at 6 I hope we take him, unless Fowler or Williams is there... That'd be a tough decision. Williams won't be, but Fowler could be. Fowler vs White would be a tough one.

We would be very fortunate to have these types of headaches when we are on the clock.

When people talk fast they mean 40. If you want to talk quickness and in and out of breaks then compare the cone and shuttle times.  I don't think Victor Cruz is super fast, but he does have excellent quickness.  If you are going to compare things, at least  compare the correct measurement.

Danny Woodhead.

No when YOU talk fast YOU mean 40 times.  I mean all of that because the game is not played in a straight line.  It is called Football, not track and field.  I'm done.

No when YOU talk fast YOU mean 40 times.  I mean all of that because the game is not played in a straight line.  It is called Football, not track and field.  I'm done.

Have you ever heard of the short shuttle?  Of the cone drill?  Do you look at where players rank on those?  Fast is fast.  When you were asked who was fastest in elementary school did you get a football game together or line up and have a race?

Have you ever heard of the short shuttle?  Of the cone drill?  Do you look at where players rank on those?  Fast is fast.  When you were asked who was fastest in elementary school did you get a football game together or line up and have a race?

I have heard of both and the COMBINATION OF THOSE DRILLS PLUS 40 TIMES are what really translates into  FOOTBALL speed but enough already; this is silly to go back and forth over this.  You know exactly what I mean and this is going nowhere.  You win Hoss. 

Yeah I don't even understand where he got that from. Beckham is over hyped? The guy just had about the greatest season any rookie receiver ever had and did it in just 12 games. Some folks just like to hate....

I hate the giants but that's not gonna stop me from saying Beckham is a great player or that they've been run 1000x better than the jets.

I hate the giants but that's not gonna stop me from saying Beckham is a great player or that they've been run 1000x better than the jets.

Yep, sometimes you gotta have a little objectivity and give credit where it's due. 

The media does kiss the knicks ass and the giants are the choir boys of the nfl... yea they won a championship but still lost 7 games

The media does kiss the knicks ass and the giants are the choir boys of the nfl... yea they won a championship but still lost 7 games

They won two championships in seasons in which they combined for a 19-13 record. The key part in all of that being "won two championships."

Even if they had gone 14-18 and made the playoffs like the seahawks with sub .500 records- who cares if they're winning championships?

No one is kissing the Knicks ass. And with good reason. They'd have doo doo all over their faces if they tried.

I have heard of both and the COMBINATION OF THOSE DRILLS PLUS 40 TIMES are what really translates into  FOOTBALL speed but enough already; this is silly to go back and forth over this.  You know exactly what I mean and this is going nowhere.  You win Hoss. 

Don't give up your argument.  Those drills don't have cornerbacks running alongside you.  Perfect routes and wiggle get separation, not cones and stopwatches.

They won two championships in seasons in which they combined for a 19-13 record. The key part in all of that being "won two championships."

Even if they had gone 14-18 and made the playoffs like the seahawks with sub .500 records- who cares if they're winning championships?

No one is kissing the Knicks ass. And with good reason. They'd have doo doo all over their faces if they tried.

Yeah which is why I think other championship teams like the patriots who win a championship only losing two games the entire season are more deserving '03 + '04

Yeah which is why I think other championship teams like the patriots who win a championship only losing two games the entire season are more deserving '03 + '04

You're contradicting yourself. If you care more about regular season records than by championships, the 9-7 Giants beating the 17-0 Pats is the single greatest Championship ever. No one has ever beaten any other 17-0 team in history- let alone for a championship. 

I find it pointless to rate championships against each other. A championship is a championship. 

No offense my friend but that is just stupid.  If the Jets had advanced and won the Superbowl in 2009 with a 9-7 record would you still feel that way?  That is like saying if you win the Bowl by 30 points that is more meaningful than if you win by a field goal.  A Superbowl victory is a Superbowl victory and no one will care how many points you won by.  Ask the Pats who had Seattle "gift" them the Superbowl this year if they care how they won. 

Now if you want to discuss greatest teams or greatest seasons that is another thing. 

Don't give up your argument.  Those drills don't have cornerbacks running alongside you.  Perfect routes and wiggle get separation, not cones and stopwatches.

I hear you but he knows what I am talking about so there is no point in dragging out that discussion.   We have seen plenty of players who are fast in shorts but who don't translate that to the playing field.  Victor Cruz, whether you love him or hate him, when he was healthy, his speed (and quickness) definitely translated on the field. 

You're contradicting yourself. If you care more about regular season records than by championships, the 9-7 Giants beating the 17-0 Pats is the single greatest Championship ever. No one has ever beaten any other 17-0 team in history- let alone for a championship.

I find it pointless to rate championships against each other. A championship is a championship.

I knew you would bring this up which is why I shouldve brought it up earlier but still the fewer the losses a team has the higher they will be regarded. Like i said earlier how Manning wasn't sacked on that play was a miracle and as far as the tyree catch there aren't even words to describe how lucky that was.

No offense my friend but that is just stupid. If the Jets had advanced and won the Superbowl in 2009 with a 9-7 record would you still feel that way? That is like saying if you win the Bowl by 30 points that is more meaningful than if you win by a field goal. A Superbowl victory is a Superbowl victory and no one will care how many points you won by. Ask the Pats who had Seattle "gift" them the Superbowl this year if they care how they won.

Now if you want to discuss greatest teams or greatest seasons that is another thing.

You're only making my point by comparing the 8-8 jets in a what if scenario to the 'get down on your knees + worship' 9-7 world Champion New York Giants.

I mean I'll give you the fact that Brandon Jacobs was an elite back- he was basically their whole offense. I'm really not sold on Cruz Manning or Beckham now or back then which is why I compare them to the overhyped + ny media driven knicks.

Brandon Jacobs was never an elite anything. He averaged like 3 ypc in the post-season. He never carried the team. I think his best postseason game was when they got smacked around by Philly at home.

Thank. Elite doesn't just go away. If you have a good to very good season one to two years then take it as it is.. Just don't call it elite. When you can consistently put together elite numbers year after year and either carry your team or be a very essential part to success then you are elite. Example: Darrelle Revis.

The media hates the Knicks because of Dolan. The Giants are the media's darling they signed Christian Peter, a guy who might be worse than Aaron Hernandez, and nothing is said about it.

Brandon Jacobs was never an elite anything. He averaged like 3 ypc in the post-season. He never carried the team. I think his best postseason game was when they got smacked around by Philly at home.

He was an overrated clown. He's jerking off in a rented apt right now collecting his pension check while fat boy Rex is still making millions as a Nfl head coach.

more like too much coffee

He was an overrated clown. He's jerking off in a rented apt right now collecting his pension check while fat boy Rex is still making millions as a Nfl head coach.

Sounds like you need some coffee

more like too much coffee

futurama-coffee-rage.jpg

I knew you would bring this up which is why I shouldve brought it up earlier but still the fewer the losses a team has the higher they will be regarded. Like i said earlier how Manning wasn't sacked on that play was a miracle and as far as the tyree catch there aren't even words to describe how lucky that was.

You're only making my point by comparing the 8-8 jets in a what if scenario to the 'get down on your knees + worship' 9-7 world Champion New York Giants.

I mean I'll give you the fact that Brandon Jacobs was an elite back- he was basically their whole offense. I'm really not sold on Cruz Manning or Beckham now or back then which is why I compare them to the overhyped + ny media driven knicks.

Screen-shot-2014-06-30-at-9.45.06-AM.png

Archived