New York Jets to host Amari Cooper, Andrus Peat this week

F.Chowds

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When it comes to need and impact, it's close IMO but all other things being equal I'd take the pass rusher over the wide receiver. That being said, you really can't go wrong either way (in terms of picking between the two positons) as long as the guy is an impact player.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Forgive me if I'm wrong as I honestly have never seen the guy play and don't watch college football, but isn't Cooper a very good route runner and reliable hands, but physically isn't anything special like a AJ Green or Julio Jones? I think I've read somewhere he compares to Roddy White, and while he was a very good receiver in his prime and is still very good, I'd rather have a beast pass rusher instead.

Now if we're talking a physical freak with dominating size and/or rare speed/quickness to go along with being a solid overall player then that's a different story.

Take the great prospect when you can. Get a player that has a good chance of being a stalwart for your team for ten years. Do not water your draft down with three maybes, when you have a probably.

True. Passing up Cooper can be the difference between Jerry Rice n Eric Decker (Just a random comparison).

Forgive me if I'm wrong as I honestly have never seen the guy play and don't watch college football, but isn't Cooper a very good route runner and reliable hands, but physically isn't anything special like a AJ Green or Julio Jones? I think I've read somewhere he compares to Roddy White, and while he was a very good receiver in his prime and is still very good, I'd rather have a beast pass rusher instead.

Now if we're talking a physical freak with dominating size and/or rare speed/quickness to go along with being a solid overall player then that's a different story.

Last time we selected a beast pass rusher 6th overall, he went down the history books for the wrong reason...just saying.

Your QB throws the ball 37 times a game. Make 18 of those 50 50 balls, 30-60 yards down the field. Complete half of them. Boom, one quarter of your passes average say 45 yards per completion. Congrats, you've just solved football.

Yeah, complete half white the other half are intercepted. Congrats, you just became the Jets without the "45 yard" completions.

You are describing Kevin White not Amari Cooper.

Cooper/Fowler at 6

Watch us pass on Cooper for an Olb who averages 2 sacks per season.

Hopefully the pick is Cooper.

We have to hope Fowler is there when we pick round 1.  Then with the second or third pick we can go for GREEN-Beckham/Funchess/Devin Smith/Lockett any of which could outperform cooper/white.  

If Fowler Jr. gets passed Jacksonville we'll all have to get down on our knees & thank the football gods.  

Not sold on white. Give me a guy with a full resume. A guy who has played at a high level for several years and had the on-field success to back up his value. 40 times are an idiotic Guage of talent.

Dude have you seen this guy play?  Just because he was at a Jr. College for 2 years doesn't take away from what he was able to accomplish.  Also do you really think the reason Kevin White is being so heavily touted is because of his 40 times?  That just cemented what scouts and teams already knew.  That he was one of the top if not the top wr prospect in this draft.   There plenty of guys who played at a high level in college and were busts in the NFL because their game didn't translate to the next level.  If you watched this guy through out the season you would know he is built for the NFL and his best days are ahead of him.   Amari Cooper had a good view of what this kid can do when he bust Alabama's ass last season.  http://draftbreakdown.com/video/kevin-white-vs-alabama-2014/

We have to hope Fowler is there when we pick round 1.  Then with the second or third pick we can go for GREEN-Beckham/Funchess/Devin Smith/Lockett any of which could outperform cooper/white.  

If Fowler Jr. gets passed Jacksonville we'll all have to get down on our knees & thank the football gods.  

Beckham will not make to 37 unless a miracle happens. I would be okay with Smith, Dorsett, Coates or Funchess in that order.  Btw, Lockett is good but not in Cooper or Whites class. 

No.  Cooper is fast and extremely quick.  He also has good size and big hands.  Think of a bigger and slightly faster Victor Cruz.

Dude have you seen this guy play?  Just because he was at a Jr. College for 2 years doesn't take away from what he was able to accomplish.  Also do you really think the reason Kevin White is being so heavily touted is because of his 40 times?  That just cemented what scouts and teams already knew.  That he was one of the top if not the top wr prospect in this draft.   There plenty of guys who played at a high level in college and were busts in the NFL because their game didn't translate to the next level.  If you watched this guy through out the season you would know he is built for the NFL and his best days are ahead of him.   Amari Cooper had a good view of what this kid can do when he bust Alabama's ass last season.  http://draftbreakdown.com/video/kevin-white-vs-alabama-2014/

I'd take White over Cooper. If he's there at 6 I hope we take him, unless Fowler or Williams is there... That'd be a tough decision. Williams won't be, but Fowler could be. Fowler vs White would be a tough one.

I'd take White over Cooper. If he's there at 6 I hope we take him, unless Fowler or Williams is there... That'd be a tough decision. Williams almost definitely won't be, but Fowler could be. Fowler vs White would be a tough one.

I love White but the problem with us taking him is we already have Marshall and Decker. Especially Marshall who is a similar player to White.  The truth is Cooper may be a better fit for us because we could line him up anywhere, he is more polished and his route running is superior to Whites.  However, if we take White I would trust Gailey to make to work.   I think if both Fowler and White are there I would probably go Fowler and go receiver in round 2 assuming that is where the best value is. 

Yes, he is.  He ran a 4.42.  Cruz ran a 4.47.

I don't care about . 05 off of 40 times.  Watch a game and you can see his game speed against NFL players.  Cruz, before he injury was a very explosive player and his acceleration and ability to separate was off the charts.

One thing is for sure ... If we take Cooper or White and G Smith stinks it up, he will probably never play another down in the NFL. He would be throwing to B Marshall, E Decker, A Cooper, J Kerley and J Amaro ... And he would have a really good back in Ivory. You fail with that cast ... There isn't much you can do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I love White but the problem with us taking him is we already have Marshall and Decker. Especially Marshall who is a similar player to White.  The truth is Cooper may be a better fit for us because we could line him up anywhere, he is more polished and his route running is superior to Whites.  However, if we take White I would trust Gailey to make to work.   I think if both Fowler and White are there I would probably go Fowler and go receiver in round 2 assuming that is where the best value is. 

I think White would be the BPA, but you make a valid point. Cooper would be better suited to run out of the slot behind Marshall and Decker. I'd be happy with either White, Fowler, Beasley, or Cooper. Although personally I think White has a higher overall ceiling than Cooper.

I think White would be the BPA, but you make a valid point. Cooper would be better suited to run out of the slot behind Marshall and Decker. I'd be happy with either White, Fowler, Beasley, or Cooper. Although personally I think White has a higher overall ceiling than Cooper.

I would agree with that but Cooper should have a very long and productive career.  Some are comparing him to Marvin Harrison and Tory Holt.  I think we would both be very happy with that.   Of course White could be another Terrell Owens or Brandon Marshall without the baggage so.... 

That's great.  The fact is that Amari Cooper is faster.

In the 40 yard dash? It appears to be so. In game action? I will just have to trust my lying eyes...  The ability to go in and out of breaks without losing speed, the ability to accelerate, all of that counts too for me and Cruz plays much faster than his 40 time.  I am sure you would agree with that. 

I would agree with that but Cooper should have a very long and productive career.  Some are comparing him to Marvin Harrison and Tory Holt.  I think we would both be very happy with that.   Of course White could be another Terrell Owens or Brandon Marshall without the baggage so.... 

Agreed. I'd be happy with Cooper as well. Although, I'd love to see White step in for Marshall as a homegrown talent once Marshall's age catches up with him... Which hopefully won't be for at least a couple more years.

Agreed. I'd be happy with Cooper as well. Although, I'd love to see White step in for Marshall as a homegrown talent once Marshall's age catches up with him... Which hopefully won't be for at least a couple more years.

Also imagine taking one of these 2 WRs and having them get an education every day in camp vs Revis & Cro

In the 40 yard dash? It appears to be so. In game action? I will just have to trust my lying eyes... The ability to go in and out of breaks without losing speed, the ability to accelerate, all of that counts too for me and Cruz plays much faster than his 40 time. I am sure you would agree with that.

Not saying Kerely is an all star but he at the least plays faster then his 4.5 .. Point being, 40 doesn't mean everything.

Archived