Jets \ Falcons: Preseason Game Thread

Maxman

You know the media is going to be writing it tomorrow lol

I do honestly think they should give him 1 series with the 1s next week.  He looks like he's earning that tonight, if not for anything, you need to see where he currently is at, cuz he's outplaying the stringers they got him playing right now.

While I'm curious to see Petty with the 1s, I'm still adamant that I don't want him to start. Fitz is starting and he needs as much reps to build some chemistry with the O.

Perhaps they could give one extra series to Petty, once they sit Fitz. But I'm okay with Petty waiting the entire season.

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think most of us know not to be stupid!!

It is just so refreshing to see a guy come out and play up to his current ability at the QB position. 

I hear you ... I didn't want Sanchez to start or Smith under the previous regime.  But they did and it was disaster......

I really believe that Chan is different, he has tremendous experience developing young QBs so I am confident that they will bring Petty out the right way so that when and if he gets in the boy will be ready!!

So sit back and relax, yes Jets fan relax, we finally have a few folks in place who know how to develop the QB position something we probably haven't had in over 20 years!! Scary!!

I will say this if he looks further improved next week, I think we might be ok rolling with Fitz/Petty until Geno gets back.  No need to carry Flynn into the reg season.

Petty needs to watch for a year. We cant afford to ruin another young QB by rushing him. Petty is our future QB but we need to do it right for a change

Well, what if the coaching staff knows what they are doing when developing a QB??

Was shaken up after the play making a tackle. Walked off the field with a trainer. Eskridge, too. Didn't look too serious, but you never know.

Eskridge looked like he took a knee to the head, I'm rooting for him I hope he sticks on the PS maybe.

I think most of us know not to be stupid!!

It is just so refreshing to see a guy come out and play up to his current ability at the QB position. 

I hear you ... I didn't want Sanchez to start or Smith under the previous regime.  But they did and it was disaster......

I really believe that Chan is different, he has tremendous experience developing young QBs so I am confident that they will bring Petty out the right way so that when and if he gets in the boy will be ready!!

So sit back and relax, yes Jets fan relax, we finally have a few folks in place who know how to develop the QB position something we probably haven't had in over 20 years!! Scary!!

The only thing to hope for at the moment.. Geno is a loser, Fitzpatrick from a pure physical standpoint shouldn't even be in the NFL and Matt Flynn is Matt Flynn

Out at dinner with family. Could someone share Pettys stats? Does he step up and make decent throws or does he run around like an idiot?

I am starting to believe miracles happen sometimes. If the Mets can be blessed with Degrom, maybe in time the Petty could do the same with the Jets!

He honestly looked really really good. No heave and a prayer lucky strike BS. Looked in command on every drive he led.

Well, what if the coaching staff knows what they are doing when developing a QB??

they have pretty much said they will be patient with petty. I understand its exciting for a rookie to start BUT it would be better if he learns more and has a better understanding so next year he will be more effective

they have pretty much said they will be patient with petty. I understand its exciting for a rookie to start BUT it would be better if he learns more and has a better understanding so next year he will be more effective

I do too, but I would rather see the future of Fitz is going to make us 6-10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not every QB that starts day 1 is ruined.  Jet fans are just gun shy.

Geno came out of an air raid offense, had no bushiness starting year one. Baylor's system is very similar. Sanchez had I think like 14 career starts in college. Not saying every QB shouldn't be able to step in and play year one. I'm saying the ones we've ruined shouldn't have

Geno came out of an air raid offense, had no bushiness starting year one. Baylor's system is very similar. Sanchez had I think like 14 career starts in college. Not saying every QB shouldn't be able to step in and play year one. I'm saying the ones we've ruined shouldn't have

Geno had no bushiness

Geno came out of an air raid offense, had no bushiness starting year one. Baylor's system is very similar. Sanchez had I think like 14 career starts in college. Not saying every QB shouldn't be able to step in and play, I'm saying the ones we've ruined shouldn't have

Petty has more tools and is way more intelligent than those two idiots. Not saying start him week one, but if 1-3 or 0-4 I would rather see him than Geno.

Petty has more tools and is way more intelligent than those two idiots. Not saying start him week one, but if 1-3 or 0-4 I would rather see him than Geno.

You may be right on intelligence but don't sell Geno short on tools.

Archived