Forum Upgrade Complete

2 things I've noticed.  Quoting is weird.  Hard to get it right.  It's kind of a mess and doesnt actually quote like consecutively at times.  They show up all over the place.

The other is on the mobile phone, it doesnt remember where you were on a thread.  It takes you to the first page every time instead of the last post you read.

There are a few different areas you can click on and they will all take you to a different part of the topic. Here is an example.

New_York_Jets_Message_Board_-_JetNation.

Edited by Admin

2 things I've noticed.  Quoting is weird.  Hard to get it right.  It's kind of a mess and doesnt actually quote like consecutively at times.  They show up all over the place.

The other is on the mobile phone, it doesnt remember where you were on a thread.  It takes you to the first page every time instead of the last post you read.

There are a few different areas you can click on and they will all take you to a different part of the topic. Here is an example.

New_York_Jets_Message_Board_-_JetNation.

I figured that out...but I liked just being able to open the thread and be exactly where I left off.  All good.  I'll get used to it.  Thanks! 

@Admin, @Maxman

The multi quote option should be an option that users can turn on and off. 

Related, on my iPad long quotes are filling the entire reply box, and there's no way to scroll down to the bottom to fit a reply. There's also no way to clear quotes (that I can find) in the reply box should I decide not to quote someone after all.  

I'm not sure what you mean by "an option user can turn on and off" ?  you mean you only want to see one quote in a post?  if that is what you mean, I'm sorry that it's not a feature of the software. If you are referring to the nested quotes, (quotes of quotes) then this is an option, however it's not a user option I'm afraid, it applies to the whole site currently.

On the iPad issues with the editor, there are still some quirks/bugs with the editor on IOS, these are resolved in a future update of the software, it will be a month or more for that version to be available though, so if it's a big item, perhaps you can try tapatalk for now until that update is available.  This will be fixed though and we will apply that updates as soon as it's released. :) 

Bummer. When I get to work later, I'll check out how it looks on a computer. Lol. At home, I'm almost exclusively on iPad, and run the full version of the site rather than the mobile. Maybe I'll look at tapatalk in the short term. 

Hi, Max asked me to stop by this thread and make my request here.

I was wondering if it would be possible to make it so quoting people who have quoted others wont disappear the quotes.

Example:

This is a quote, obviously. Someone quoted this "post" and replied.

This is the reply to the quote. If someone were to quote this post the quote would disappear.

I hope that makes sense?

Yes this is an option, it was disabled by default as it can often confuse people, I have enabled this now however. :) 

We can  turn off the nested quotes for now until I find another solution for the mafia forum.

• Upvote 1

Posts like this are why the feature quoting every previous quote needs to either be shut off or limited. This is ridiculous:

Ugh no, Bridgewater isn't anywhere in the same neighborhood of Marino.   To say this is says you aren't old enough to have seem Marino or smart enough to know what he accomplished in his career.

This 100%

Think of it this way Marino never won a SB and still there is an argument to make him the GOAT!! 

Not IMO but you can argue it!!

No QB ever came into our stadium and scared us like Marino did for so many years.  Always gave the fish the advantage, no matter who they played he was always the best player on the field.  Huge difference than Bridgewater.  And Marino was Marino right out of the gate.  

I would argue that Jim Kelly  and Tom Brady were all the fear that Marino was.   

Ugh no, Bridgewater isn't anywhere in the same neighborhood of Marino.   To say this is says you aren't old enough to have seem Marino or smart enough to know what he accomplished in his career.

This 100%

Think of it this way Marino never won a SB and still there is an argument to make him the GOAT!! 

No QB ever came into our stadium and scared us like Marino did for so many years.  Always gave the fish the advantage, no matter who they played he was always the best player on the field.  Huge difference than Bridgewater.  And Marino was Marino right out of the gate.  

Really???  I would argue that Kelly and Brady have had more success against us than Marino. Kenny O played the Dolphins strong.

This 100%

This 100%

As much as I hate Miami, I respected Marino enormously. Guy had a great arm, quick release, was accurate. He was every bit a HOF QB.

• Upvote 3

I tried to post on the main board and just gave up.  I could not understand where to put my comments.  

Max, that function is a complete disaster.  It's what they do on scout.   System was way better, and more user friendly, yesterday.

Can you clarify where you are trying to post? and what the trouble is and we can look into this and make any needed adjustments/corrections. 

Also let us know if you are using a PC, Mac, IOS, Android, Tablet, etc.. 

Thank you

I tried to post on the main board and just gave up.  I could not understand where to put my comments.  

Max, that function is a complete disaster.  It's what they do on scout.   System was way better, and more user friendly, yesterday.

Are you referring to the nested quoted?  We got rid of that.

Sorry for the live tweaking here. But if you mean something else, please let me know. Thanks.

Looks good, seems to be a decent amount of new features.   I like the @ feature, because I think it helps to respond to many people at once without quoting their entire post.   Only issue is really the background color, that's been mentioned a few times already.  It seems a bit too white in the separation of posts on the main page.  Maybe a darker shade of gray could work.   Other than that, it looks nice.  And most importantly, it's the content that matters, so I'm fine with most layouts.  

• Upvote 1

Are you referring to the nested quoted?  We got rid of that.

Sorry for the live tweaking here. But if you mean something else, please let me know. Thanks.

It still seems to be doing it...and I'm still getting some weird out of place quotes if I try to multi-quote a couple of posts. 

Edited by JiF

Can you clarify where you are trying to post? and what the trouble is and we can look into this and make any needed adjustments/corrections. 

Also let us know if you are using a PC, Mac, IOS, Android, Tablet, etc.. 

Thank you

Hi.  Thanks for the response.  I just tried to quote smash mouth's post in the Fitz Thread.  Instead of the reply box, I got a bunch of quoted posts.  They were all linked by those "lines" (nesting posts?).  Hope this helps.

PS I use Mac.

Edited by munchmemory
  • Upvote 1

Hi.  Thanks for the response.  I just tried to quote smash mouth's post in the Fitz Thread.  Instead of the reply box, I got a bunch of quoted posts.  They were all linked by those "lines" (nesting posts?).  Hope this helps.

PS I use Mac.

Thanks for the clarification, that should be fixed now as nested quotes has been turned off, let us know if not.

Thank you

Rhett

the line between posts is better but still a lot of white and everything seems to blend together. Instead of a thin gray line perhaps a larger green bar between posts???

Can you take a screen shot of what you are seeing? it could be the difference between monitors also, I'm using a true IPS with accurate colors, while most are not likely, but let us know and we can make some adjustments if needed. Could be as simple as the brightness setting n your display too. 

Doesnt look like a string to me, just see the one post I've quoted

We changed it back. We had it showing the whole string to help out our friends in the mafia forum. We didn't mean to inadvertently drive everyone else insane.  

We changed it back. We had it showing the whole string to help out our friends in the mafia forum. We didn't mean to inadvertently drive everyone else insane.  

You can't drive the insane insane.

Though the look above with the entire string was eerily Scout like.  I thought I died and woke up in Soothworld.  Ugh 

Edited by Jet Nut
  • Upvote 1