Forum Upgrade Complete

The ability to hide avatars would be great. This feature was not available previously, and I was hoping the upgrade to the new software would add this functionality.

I know there are many users who visit this site at work during working hours, and unfortunately there are a few heavy volume regular posters with avatars that are NSFW.

I can change mine.  I haven't seen Irina in years.  She is all adult now.

Constructive criticism there needs to be separation between members posts,maybe a darker line or something. Also quoted posts dont seem to be showing the members name who they were quoted from and no separation.

agree about all the white. Maybe add green bars between posts??

• Upvote 1

Thanks everyone, we are back online now. The forum upgrade is complete. There are a lot of new features, please check things out and let us know what you think. One of our favorite new features is the @ reply. A nice way to let someone else know about a topic or a post.

@GreenBeans

Just type the @ symbol and then start typing the members name....it should appear and then you can click the name.   We will be setting things up and we are running a reindex so things could be off over the next 24 hours while everything rebuilds. But your feedback is appreciated.

Please post detailed feedback in this thread. Thanks.

Awesome job Max!  This forum has become a big part of my sports life; you guys were definitely missed!!  Keep up the great work and thanks!!giphy.gif

Edited by JetBlue
  • Upvote 1

Thanks everyone for all the feedback. We are making several changes today. The first wave of changes will focus on the skin and color scheme. Most of what has been mentioned should be easily correctable.

More changes coming after that, I am still compiling feedback so I will have another update on that today as well. Thanks.

The speed of the forum does seem a little bit slower than the previous format. 

We have been running a pretty big reindex on the server (3 millions posts, all the images etc). Once that is all done we will be in good shape.

V3 on the old server vs V4 on the new server...we will be faster.

I just removed the sidebar from the page that lists all the thread. I think that it was getting too cramped in there. The layout is now identical to what it was on the desktop version.

Main Index has the sidebar.

Individual forums don't.

When posting, there is no sidebar.

I hope this helps, thanks.

Do people like the lack of contrast between alternating rows on the main page?  IOW, when looking at the list of posts, one post has a white background, then the next is gray, then the next is white, etc.  My comment is that the white and gray are pretty close.  It's probably very "modern" for the gray to be near-white, but it seems to me it would look nicer if the gray was a little darker.

Of course, I also acknowledge that I'm painting the bike shed.

Do people like the lack of contrast between alternating rows on the main page?  IOW, when looking at the list of posts, one post has a white background, then the next is gray, then the next is white, etc.  My comment is that the white and gray are pretty close.  It's probably very "modern" for the gray to be near-white, but it seems to me it would look nicer if the gray was a little darker.

We are definitely fixing the colors today, more contrast is needed. Thanks.

It is possible that we might be adding in some additional cowbell but I will keep you posted on that. :)

Great job Phil. It's perfect now as far as I'm concerned. 

The mobile version is LIGHT YEARS better than the previous incarnation.  Everything looks clean and very crisp to the retina. Love it, thanks again. 

Thank you! Glad to hear it.

Let me look into this...I believe signatures can be hidden on a user basis. I am not sure about avatars but I will check. Thank you.

Speaking of hiding stuff go back to what the old format had and get rid of just edited by crap.. Who cares if you just made a correction or added more info??

Speaking of hiding stuff go back to what the old format had and get rid of just edited by crap.. Who cares if you just made a correction or added more info??

I just changed it so that you can edit things silently for up to half an hour.

I just don't want it in there forever so people can't change old stuff and lie about their predictions.

• Upvote 1

Thank you, Max.

EDIT:  Sorry, quoted the wrong person.  Meant to quote Max' last post.

Edited by munchmemory
  • Upvote 1

I just changed it so that you can edit things silently for up to half an hour.

I just don't want it in there forever so people can't change old stuff and lie about their predictions.

Ah the Tom Shane factor good point Max.. BTW now that I'm used to the new format great job by you and the crew..;)

• Upvote 1

One thing on the mobile version. Some threads (like this one) have a lil number to click on for pages (this one says 5) and it's easy to go to the last post. A lot of other multi page threads don't have that option and it's a pain in the ass to get to the last page

One thing on the mobile version. Some threads (like this one) have a lil number to click on for pages (this one says 5) and it's easy to go to the last post. A lot of other multi page threads don't have that option and it's a pain in the ass to get to the last page

Get back to work Spackler..LOL

The ability to hide avatars would be great. This feature was not available previously, and I was hoping the upgrade to the new software would add this functionality.

I know there are many users who visit this site at work during working hours, and unfortunately there are a few heavy volume regular posters with avatars that are NSFW.

This is where you use the other new feature...right @Savage69? LOL

• Upvote 3

The reindex is still running, I think it is probably related to that. But we will know for sure in a day or so.  Thanks!

• Upvote 1

Yes and I'm not changing to a man to make you happy..

I like your avatar. It appears BP is longing for some sausage ever since he officially 'came out of closet'. I give him credit, it took guts of BP to do so on a public forum ;)

Edited by SouthernJet