Bills release Fred Jackson

AFJF

+1

It also saves them $2.5+ Million in salary.  Personally, not knowing the situation, I probably would have tried reworking his contract, and keep him on.  Perhaps they did.  

Of course they tried to renegotiate the deal this happens all the time in the nfl.  I just love how Fitzpatrick gets a world of hate for never being on a winning team meanwhile Fred Jackson is like reincarnation of OJ Simpson and he was on all those same teams.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea, but that is the problem...respected, hard working team leaders were always replaced or not resigned under Rex...Sends a bad message when locker room leaders keep getting let go or replaced

It happens every year in the NFL was TJ not a leader on the Bears?? Rex haters make it seem like it's just the Jets that do it meanwhile BB has dumped guys like Lawyer Milloy,Seymour,Ty Law,Mike Vrabel etc

Of course they tried to renegotiate the deal this happens all the time in the nfl.

A tweet came out saying the Bills attempted no negotiations with Jackson.  Rex has wanted the guy out for months, and the front office finally capitulated.  Because that's what front offices do when Rex comes into town.

Of course they tried to renegotiate the deal this happens all the time in the nfl.  I just love how Fitzpatrick gets a world of hate for never being on a winning team meanwhile Fred Jackson is like reincarnation of OJ Simpson and he was on all those same teams.

Most people base 99.9% of their knowledge on stats, or a quick google search.

It happens every year in the NFL was TJ not a leader on the Bears?? Rex haters make it seem like it's just the Jets that do it meanwhile BB has dumped guys like Lawyer Milloy,Seymour,Ty Law,Mike Vrabel etc

Good point but while Rex dumps team leaders he also signs and annoints a skumbag like Santonio Holmes captain

Good point but while Rex dumps team leaders he also signs and annoints a skumbag like Santonio Holmes captain

Yep.  The guy believes in 2nd chances to a fault.  What he doesn't realize is that it's only OK to have maybe 1 guy like that on your roster.  He prefers about 5-6 reclamation projects at once.  And he puts them in positions of power on the roster. 

Then Rex gets to shake his head after every 15-yard penalty Richie Incognito costs the team like it isn't his fault, then say in post-game press conferences "We'll fix it" and never do so, because the players love playing for a guy who never penalizes them for their idiotic behavior.

BTW, Im not a Rex hater...my screen name was made as a Rex fan

Seattle is the perfect landing spot for him.

Yep.  Too early to tell what they bring to the table, but I don't think Robert Turbin or Christine Michael have shown much in complimentary roles.  If something were to happen to Marshawn this year Jackson even in his old age is still a nice pass-catcher and can score around the goalline.  Definitely an ideal landing spot.

http://deadspin.com/report-bills-gm-went-rogue-in-cutting-fred-jackson-1728155619

Report: Bills GM "Went Rogue" In Cutting Fred Jackson

Kevin Draper

http://deadspin.com/report-bills-gm-went-rogue-in-cutting-fred-jackson-1728155619

Report: Bills GM "Went Rogue" In Cutting Fred Jackson

Kevin Draper

Give the Bills this much, they did their vetting before hiring Wrecks. Pegula and Whaley discovered in 2-3 weeks what took Woody 6 years to realize.....Rex CAN NOT evaluate talent. If you are a Bill's fan, this is good news.

Give the Bills this much, they did their vetting before hiring Wrecks. Pegula and Whaley discovered in 2-3 weeks what took Woody 6 years to realize.....Rex CAN NOT evaluate talent. If you are a Bill's fan, this is good news.

Gee I wonder who leaked this " rogue " report? Must have been Mike Petine again.

"Whaley went rogue" is code for "Rex doesn't want the players mad at him". It has begun.

"Whaley went rogue" is code for "Rex doesn't want the players mad at him". It has begun.

I almost fell out of my chair when I read this part:

The Bills front office is also structured a bit differently than most, with Rex Ryan reporting directly to owner Terry Pegula. At the press conference announcing Ryan’s hiring, Pegula described a collaborative decisionmaking process that includes all voices.

Sound familiar folks?  You'd think the Bills would have learned from the Jets mistake in not having the HC and GM on the same page...  but no.  The Bills are destined for front office disharmony just like we saw here the last 2 years.  Unbelievably stupid. 

Glad you're here to police all the Rex haters, even though you've stated numerous times you don't care about Rex anymore.  Keep doing the Lord's work.

That's has part time job and nobody does it better. Biggest Rex apologist I have ever seen, other than Rex himself.  

That's has part time job and nobody does it better. Biggest Rex apologist I have ever seen, other than Rex himself.  

The best is when he says things like "No, I don't care about Rex anymore, but I'll correct people when they say inaccurate things about him."  Can't make this stuff up.

I almost fell out of my chair when I read this part:

Sound familiar folks?  You'd think the Bills would have learned from the Jets mistake in not having the HC and GM on the same page...  but no.  The Bills are destined for front office disharmony just like we saw here the last 2 years.  Unbelievably stupid. 

You know that the Jets front office is set up the same way, right? That both the GM and the HC report directly to the owner? The difference on the Jets is that I'm pretty sure Bowles has authority over the 53 man roster. 

That said, I don't like it here, either. I've said it before; I'd've preferred the team hire a GM, and that GM, in turn, would hire a HC who worked for him. 

You know that the Jets front office is set up the same way, right? That both the GM and the HC report directly to the owner? The difference on the Jets is that I'm pretty sure Bowles has authority over the 53 man roster. 

That said, I don't like it here, either. I've said it before; I'd've preferred the team hire a GM, and that GM, in turn, would hire a HC who worked for him. 

yes I know that.  The Jets (namely Woody dopey Johnson) doesn't learn much from his mistakes either.  This is woody's ego structuring the hierarchy that way.  It sucks. It failed with Rex and I am praying it doesn't fail again.  So far Mac and Bowles are on the same page, but what happnes when they aren't?  It's inevitable that will happen from time to time.

yes I know that.  The Jets (namely Woody dopey Johnson) doesn't learn much from his mistakes either.  This is woody's ego structuring the hierarchy that way.  It sucks. It failed with Rex and I am praying it doesn't fail again.  So far Mac and Bowles are on the same page, but what happnes when they aren't?  It's inevitable that will happen from time to time.

Woody's ego has nothing to do with this.  The reporting structure didn't fail with anyone before because it wasn't laid out that way.  It's Woody's reaction to having a situation in which a HC or GM can try to point the finger at each other if they fail.  It means he gets to  hear their unfiltered thoughts on the team.  Brought about when the last HC tried blaming the GM for not bringing in any talented players but didn't speak up at the time.  Several owners are beginning to take this approach.

Archived