QB

Section 333

Some of you need to come to terms with the fact that we just don't have a franchise qb on the roster. Fitz is limited, he can't make a throw over 15 yards with any regularity  but for the most part he plays smart situational football. The eagles game was terrible, but generally speaking He's not killing this team with pick sixes and red zone turnovers like geno and sanchez have done for the past 5+ years. He's not taking drive killing sacks like his predecessors. We're getting game manager average qb play when we've been used to league worst play. 

THIS

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nobody is saying they are Geno lovers, we are just stating the obvious that Fitzpatrick sucks worse than Geno.

That's not stating the obvious.  Geno was the worst starting QB in the NFL last year, and was worse than 5-6 backup QB's.  That's the only obvious statement to be made.  Anyone advocating for Geno to start is hoping he improved significantly from his 2 years.  If he's the same as he was the last 2 years, we return to having the worst starting QB in the NFL.

How does Fitz suck "worse" than Geno?

Don't think anyone wants to rehash this for the 4,345th time.  If we disagree, we disagree.  The reasons for disagreeing shouldn't be repeated constantly.  We all know the arguments for each side.

I think what helps Fitzpatrick keep the job is you wont see him with his head down, shoulders sagging, etc...Whether its immaturity, poor coaching in the past, of just a trait, Geno has these games where he just looks defeated. You dont want that out of the position ever and in his case you may get it a few times a season. You'll never get an implosion with Fitzpatrick like Geno in Buffalo last year. Geno clearly has more upside but the downside is probably too much if the defense is playing well.  

Talent aside Fitz is a smart likable guy where I can't say the same for Geno .. The offense would be upset if Bowles made a change now.. If Fitz keeps running Geno will get his shot this year..:)

Replacing Fitz with Geno means you're basically experimenting at QB.  You're seeing what Geno can do despite 2 years of evidence suggesting he can't do the basic things a QB needs to be able to do on a consistent basis.  You don't do that when nearly the entire AFC is struggling and your team is 3-1.

yeah Geno has stunk it up, but let's be honest and take the blinders off, Geno made the bulk of his boneheaded plays/decisions when he was under pressure and pushing too hard to make something happen. He's played well to very good when thr line kept him clean. Our line is doing pretty damn good this year in pass protection. Which leaves to reason that Geno can perform well with this line. Certainly no worse then Fitz has. Fitz's play hasn't been smart nor good for that matter. It's been mediocre at best. We are winning in spite of Fitz's short comings, so we can win with Geno's shortcomings, just the same. But we can be more dynamic and explosive with the upside of Geno's capblilities, Fitz has no growth, we are treading water with Fitz right now. 

Make the switch now, Geno was the starter and outplayed Fitz in preseason. It's all documented, y'all being racist towards Geno lol ;)

Don't think anyone wants to rehash this for the 4,345th time.  If we disagree, we disagree.  The reasons for disagreeing shouldn't be repeated constantly.  We all know the arguments for each side.

Ha. You say this to me but not to OP? Really?

The anti-Fitz crap is laughable. 

OP stating something against popular opinion and gave reasons for doing so.  Didn't just ask a blank question of X vs Y.

Also, not anti-Fitz.  Pro-Geno.  Anti-mediocrity.

yeah Geno has stunk it up, but let's be honest and take the blinders off, Geno made the bulk of his boneheaded plays/decisions when he was under pressure and pushing too hard to make something happen. He's played well to very good when thr line kept him clean. Our line is doing pretty damn good this year in pass protection. Which leaves to reason that Geno can perform well with this line. Certainly no worse then Fitz has. Fitz's play hasn't been smart nor good for that matter. It's been mediocre at best. We are winning in spite of Fitz's short comings, so we can win with Geno's shortcomings, just the same. But we can be more dynamic and explosive with the upside of Geno's capblilities, Fitz has no growth, we are treading water with Fitz right now. 

Make the switch now, Geno was the starter and outplayed Fitz in preseason. It's all documented, y'all being racist towards Geno lol ;)

Why couldn't you just leave it at the bold?  He's terrible.  Make every excuse in the book for him and he's still terrible.  Geno has physical capabilities and Fitz has physical limitations, but Geno makes dumb decisions and is wildly inaccurate.  Those are never a good combination for a pro QB.  Fitz is mediocre, Geno is terrible, and neither are ideal.  Making the switch now is not only not happening but would be completely stupid.  Ride with Fitz until he provides a legit reason to be benched.

It was nice to see Fitzgerald and Brandon Marshall joking around with each other in the post-game press conference.

It's great when your starting quarterback and number one wide receiver have a good rapport like that.

You can tell they really respect one another.

Replacing Fitz with Geno means you're basically experimenting at QB.  You're seeing what Geno can do despite 2 years of evidence suggesting he can't do the basic things a QB needs to be able to do on a consistent basis.  You don't do that when nearly the entire AFC is struggling and your team is 3-1.

See that is a completely untrue statement, It would be an experiment if we threw Petty out there, but Geno WAS the starter so putting him in after completely recovering from the jaw and getting enough practice time is not an experiment it is just putting the starter back in. 

Why couldn't you just leave it at the bold?  He's terrible.  Make every excuse in the book for him and he's still terrible.  Geno has physical capabilities and Fitz has physical limitations, but Geno makes dumb decisions and is wildly inaccurate.  Those are never a good combination for a pro QB.  Fitz is mediocre, Geno is terrible, and neither are ideal.  Making the switch now is not only not happening but would be completely stupid.  Ride with Fitz until he provides a legit reason to be benched.

dude I'm not making any excuses for Geno, I don't like him either, for this years team, he's the better player for what we can do as a team, the last two years were completely different teams then what we have now, Fitz wouldn't of fared any better then Geno did, he may of even done worse.  Fitz will get demolished against the Pats, book it now, and maybe even by the Bills too.

i think box o'rocks will do better in those games. 

It was great to see our quarterback avoid a couple of sacks by throwing the ball away.

I've seen some quarterbacks run backwards an extra 10 or more yards, then take the sack anyway.

It's hard to overcome those kind of mental mistakes.

At least we don't have to worry about that.

See that is a completely untrue statement, It would be an experiment if we threw Petty out there, but Geno WAS the starter so putting him in after completely recovering from the jaw and getting enough practice time is not an experiment it is just putting the starter back in. 

Geno performed like a bad rookie QB for most of the 2 years under center.  It is a risky decision, not a simple matter of putting back in the incumbent starter.  And Geno was never named starter, he was announced to be getting first team reps before training camp.  Fitz is the starter, and will remain so until he gives the coaching staff a reason to replace him.

Geno didn't start the season plus he's not a franchise QB that would get his job back from the backup QB based on his history of excellent play.. I know your a big Geno fan but even you can't say that..LOL

I don't agree.  Geno was the declared starter, and Fitzpatrick stepped in as a back up should.  He is also playing like a back up, which is don't lose the game, but he isn't going to win any games for us.  Smith did not have the weapons the last two years that we have this year.  Smith could win games for us, but he could lose games for us as well.

This argument just tells us how bad the QB situation is.  We are worried about going back to the declared starter after an injury, that no one wanted to start, with a 3-1 start, but Fitzpatrick, the guy the majority of fans wanted to start because he won't lose games for us, is showing why he is a journeyman or career back up the past two weeks.

Geno didn't start the season plus he's not a franchise QB that would get his job back from the backup QB based on his history of excellent play.. I know your a big Geno fan but even you can't say that..LOL

Not based on his excellent play.  Based on mediocre play of current starter.

but Geno WAS the starter so putting him in after completely recovering from the jaw and getting enough practice time is not an experiment it is just putting the starter back in. 

So someone should call Bowles and remind him who his starter really is?

Not anti-fitz at all. He was brought in to be the back-up. Geno got hurt. Fitz has played because why? 

You guessed it, He's the back-up. In that role he is 3-1. Great. Ill take 3-1 to start any season. 

But you know as well as I do that we aren't going anywhere with Fitz. Now I will admit that we may not go anywhere with Geno either. But we KNOW we won't go anywhere with Fitz. How does that make me anti-Fitz????????

Geno performed like a bad rookie QB for most of the 2 years under center.  It is a risky decision, not a simple matter of putting back in the incumbent starter.  And Geno was never named starter, he was announced to be getting first team reps before training camp.  Fitz is the starter, and will remain so until he gives the coaching staff a reason to replace him.

He was the starter 2 years running and WAS named the starter by Gailey though Bowles threw out a feeble, "competition" statement. And if you are actually watching Fitz play he IS totally giving the Jets many reasons to replace him. He has not protected the ball, he has been terribly terribly inaccurate, he is totally limited in the ability to stretch the field and he has no chemistry with anyone other than his 2 big receivers that can cover up his deficiencies with their large catching radius. Fitz is not hitting anyone in stride the passes he is completely are almost all thrown to the player, again good for Brandon and Eric. He has been really really bad. We are 3-1 because we have played crappy teams and the defense is excellent. Philly is 1-3, Cleveland likely 1-3, Indy an incredibly shaky 2-2 (they should be 0-4) and Miami has already given up. Not a decent team in the bunch, and not a decent defense and Fitz has been BAD. He has 6 INTs, could easily have 10, and just looks like what he is, a very sub par QB. Geno would not be playing as bad as he is in this offense. No way. But it is unlikely Bowles makes the switch, which is sad.

This is exactly what bugs me!! None of us are claiming to be "big" Geno fans at all. 

I don't even like him. And I do like Fitz, to be the backup. Period.

I know that there's a 0% chance. I was just saying who thinks we should.

A lot of people were against the move because it was early ,much like myself but I think we've seen enough.

We can be 4-1 after the Redskin game and I would still say we know he's not taking us anywhere.

we all know that. We also think Gino can either but there's a part of us even if it's small that knows there still may be a small chance that you know could be a player. At least we know he can make the throws. 

I didn't start this thread to rip fitz. Were three and one. As a back up he did his job. 

Let's put the starter back in.

Can't see Bowles making any changes as long as the team is winning. He would lose half if not the entire team if he did that.  

It's nice to have a professional QB who knows the playbook, can make reads and change the play at the line of scrimmage when necessary.

It's like a breath of fresh air.

I see you keep posting this. We got the first time. 

I am not a Geno fan. I know we are going no where with Fitz and I do believe that Geno will likely be better than Fitz in this offense.

This is exactly what bugs me!! None of us are claiming to be "big" Geno fans at all. 

I don't even like him. And I do like Fitz, to be the backup. Period.

I agree with those that say we aren't going anywhere with Fitz but unless I read Bowles wrong I don't think he replaces Fitz till he totally craps the bed.. To me when he answered the Geno question about would he start when he was ready he said;Ryan is the teams starting QB.. Was he lying??

Archived