Undrafted Free Agent Thread

Sarge4Tide

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems to me that if we kept Heckett we could set up a blocking scheme to allow for his style of kicking. If he can do what he did in college in the pros, we might be able to hold a man back in coverage to protect him

7 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

What the hell is THIS -- this is a real compilation & isn't some computer simulation a Hollywood non-football fan conjured up for an unrealistic movie? And we drafted a different punter instead of this machine? "Tom Hackett, who can just place it on a postage stamp..." lol.  

I don't care if it ends up being a failed experiment, and Maccagnan has to swallow his pride by cutting a punter he just used a draft pick to get. Unless this video is just skipping over 15 shanks or something, I want to see THIS for at least one season. We're not winning this year anyway. Holy crap.

Apparently the 'other' punter we drafted can drop punts inside the 20 like a machine.  Is it possible we go with 2 punters? Now that would be a first.

12 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

I'll be showing up to camp and heading over to where the punters practice. 

Should be a very good competition.

Haven't had a knucklehead punter since Weatherford.... good thing Westhoff isn't around for this guy!

I will let them know that you are definitely interested in how big their crotches are. 

We need an abrasive P. 

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I will let them know that you are definitely interested in how big their crotches are. 

We need an abrasive P. 

WTF are you talking about? Is this a Beckham reference to that ghey picture?

If so, you're being like a 4th grader.... that joke left the station a few hours ago.

Just now, 32EBoozer said:

WTF are you talking about? Is this a Beckham reference to that ghey picture?

If so, you're being like a 4th grader.... that joke left the station a few hours ago.

That reference joke or not will never be forgotten. 

8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

That reference joke or not will never be forgotten. 

Oh No! Having the great JW12 following me around the JN board and mocking me for pointing out that the male model might be "over-compensating" in his photos..... I think I'll survive this one.

Just now, 32EBoozer said:

Oh No! Having the great JW12 following me around the JN board and mocking me for pointing out that the male model might be "over-compensating" in his photos..... I think I'll survive this one.

I can assure I wont follow you around the fact that you made mention to another mans crotch will follow you around. 

8 hours ago, Nick Blitz said:

I don't think I've ever seen highlights of a punter that made me say 'wow' out loud before, amazing!

What's amazing to me is that due to his style of kicking he doesn't even look like he's getting that much leg into the ball.

18 hours ago, Jet in PA said:

#Jets have signed Utah Punter Tom Hackett, per source.

Arguably better than the kid we took in the 7th!

I agree.  Kid is really interesting.  he hits punts like a rugby player.  On the run.  usually low, long and directional where no returner is , and they have to field it on the bounce.  It also opens up the possibility that he can run on 4th and 1 or two.  Returners have to defend that instead of setting up the return.

Hope they let him continue that style.  Think it will be a hell of a lot of fun to watch

Archived