Collins Trade

whodeawhodat

2nd has been the consensus but I think we need to keep the younger homegrown talent. Trading one of your own elite young talent isn't the best way to rebuild. Mo extension was a mistake. Fitz deal was the cherry. Salary cap wise, we should trade Mo for whatever suitor we can find, be it for a 3rd day pick. 

1 minute ago, j4jets said:

2nd has been the consensus but I think we need to keep the younger homegrown talent. Trading one of your own elite young talent isn't the best way to rebuild. Mo extension was a mistake. Fitz deal was the cherry. Salary cap wise, we should trade Mo for whatever suitor we can find, be it for a 3rd day pick. 

No one wants Mo at the money he's getting.  

6 minutes ago, j4jets said:

It's kinda too late for that. We gave him a monster deal that he wasnt worth and his ankle has now made him a liability. 

3 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

No one wants Mo at the money he's getting.  

Teams didn't want Mo in the past was because of the Jets trade demand AND Mo's demands. If Jets essentially don't demand anything, Mo can generate some trade talks. 

The thing is it's a move for the long run and typical of the Patriot way which isn't just cheating. It's getting the best out of players and then getting rid of them before you  have to pay them. And usually getting something in return for them. But is it smart to do during a season when your team is on a very legit SB run. And right now looks like the best team in the NFL. They already traded another one of their best D players in Chandler Jones. They could have kept Collins for 2016 and then let him walk and probably gotten a comp pick for him. Hey look they've done this before and not always successfully if it leaves them short and minus a Pro Bowl player at a key position. 

6 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

The thing is it's a move for the long run and typical of the Patriot way which isn't just cheating. It's getting the best out of players and then getting rid of them before you  have to pay them. And usually getting something in return for them. But is it smart to do during a season when your team is on a very legit SB run. And right now looks like the best team in the NFL. They already traded another one of their best D players in Chandler Jones. They could have kept Collins for 2016 and then let him walk and probably gotten a comp pick for him. Hey look they've done this before and not always successfully if it leaves them short and minus a Pro Bowl player at a key position. 

Guaranteed they wont miss a beat. 

32 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Teams didn't want Mo in the past was because of the Jets trade demand AND Mo's demands. If Jets essentially don't demand anything, Mo can generate some trade talks. 

Nobody is going to want an above average run stopping DT with a $90 million contract.

Mo should have never gotten that contract in the first place it was a joke.  He was lucky to even get franchise tagged.  I only supported Mac giving him the extension because I would stop hearing constant whining from people here about how we didn't lock him up for another 10 years.

So we give mo away for free so that we can keep a player who is slightly more talented a couple years younger but is one poor decision away from a long suspension and is going to demand more money than suh?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 8:46 PM, j4jets said:

bottom line is no one knows what's being negotiated in these trade talks other than the parties in question the rumors always seem to be wrong so who really knows what the Jets were asking for Mo  No one, other than the Jets, knows what they would have eventually settled for.

On November 1, 2016 at 9:22 AM, ScarletKnight89 said:

I think the Jets would be better off trading him in the off season if they were going to make that move. Probably a better chance at getting a first round pick for him.

Jmo There is zero chance the Jets get a first rounder for Sheldon Richardson .  The time to trade him was before the trading  deadline. ( had the most value). 

Now he going in the last year of his contract( let it known he's looking for a monster deal - not going to be cheap to sign, and still has that possible 10 game suspension if he slips up again .    All those factors severely limit what the Jets can get back for Sheldon Richardson.

12 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

So we give mo away for free so that we can keep a player who is slightly more talented a couple years younger but is one poor decision away from a long suspension and is going to demand more money than suh?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Either that or we keep the overpriced vet that will continue to cripple our cap without much return. Couple years down the road, Leo would need a new deal as well and there is no way we are investing 60+ mil a year on DL. So one has to go and I would rather it be least talented and overpriced older vet. Shelton's new deal can be protected against suspension. And the way these suspensions continue to get overturned, I wouldn't be overly concerned. Guy likes some weed. So did Shaun Ellis. 

On 10/31/2016 at 9:39 PM, j4jets said:

You know you just contradicted yourself in your statement. We need to keep homegrown talent. That's what Muhammad Wilkerson is. I'm just happy we didn't give him JJ Watt money

3 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Jmo There is zero chance the Jets get a first rounder for Sheldon Richardson .  The time to trade him was before the trading  deadline. ( had the most value). 

Now he going in the last year of his contract( let it known he's looking for a monster deal - not going to be cheap to sign, and still has that possible 10 game suspension if he slips up again .    All those factors severely limit what the Jets can get back for Sheldon Richardson.

He's been playing out of position though for the better part of this season so far. I feel like he's not at peak value from a performance standpoint. I don't think you'll get any less in the off season for him then you would in the middle of the season.

The biggest thing against him is that he would be looking at a long suspension if he failed another drug test.

3 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

You know you just contradicted yourself in your statement. We need to keep homegrown talent. That's what Muhammad Wilkerson is. I'm just happy we didn't give him JJ Watt money

I said "we need to keep the younger homegrown talent", not the overpriced older homegrown talent. I like Sheldon's potential better than Mo. I've seen Mo slack on several occasions. He takes too many plays off for making $17mil a year. 

8 hours ago, j4jets said:

I said "we need to keep the younger homegrown talent", not the overpriced older homegrown talent. I like Sheldon's potential better than Mo. I've seen Mo slack on several occasions. He takes too many plays off for making $17mil a year. 

Sheldon is the better talent for sure but his immaturity makes him a risky investment

8 minutes ago, cant wait said:

Sheldon is the better talent for sure but his immaturity makes him a risky investment

I agree. Thats why you put language in the contract that protects you against potential suspensions.

Archived