Fire Macc

nico002

21 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

And look at them now!

How is this any different now? Marshall is catching 50% of his targets and may not crack a thousand yards this year. The other Marshall appears to dip his hands in lard before every game. Smith looks like a total bust. Robby DA GAWD has 24 catches to his name. The best wideouts on the roster are Decker and Enunwa. Both are fine, but neither is a #1 option, and Maccagnan doesn't get credit for them anyway. 

The secondary is still nonexistent, except now it also costs a billion dollars.

I have no idea what you're on about with the linebackers. Harris is one of the worst re-signings in team history. Lee looks softer than a used kleenex, and can't actually cover. We've needed an upgrade at OLB since forever, and both Mauldin and Jenkins look like they won't make it to a second contract.

What? Where?

Bad news: we're not actually doing either of those things.

They needed to be rebuilt when Maccagnan was hired. What's the excuse now?

So far, so good!

Jets fans in a nutshell: tell them their GM is a boob for drafting Devin Smith and Christian Hackenberg, and they come back with "yeah, but what about Darryl Roberts?"

I guess it's better to stay bitter and miserable than consider the possibility of a developing team . Enjoy

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

I blamed him and Woody for the holdout. Sure if they don't want him back go in a different direction. If you want him to return and be your starter they were basically disrupting the equilibrium they had from 2015. You don't bring a starting Qb in at the end of July. It hurts the momentum. You see Fitz now playing better after a pretty shaky start. 

That is entirely all on Fitzpatrick.. He could have been working out on his own also, but he decided to play with the kids in the treehouse, etc.. It is his fault for not showing up to training camp in shape. But to me this is exactly what Fitzpatrick has been his entirely career.. A bellow average qb with a high turnover rate. So I don't really buy the contract dispute messed anything up, Fitzpatrick just isn't a very good qb and he is getting up there in age.. I do know mac did the correct thing in not giving into fitz outrageous demands.. Had he, woody would have fired him.. 

24 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

That is entirely all on Fitzpatrick.. He could have been working out on his own also, but he decided to play with the kids in the treehouse, etc.. It is his fault for not showing up to training camp in shape. But to me this is exactly what Fitzpatrick has been his entirely career.. A bellow average qb with a high turnover rate. So I don't really buy the contract dispute messed anything up, Fitzpatrick just isn't a very good qb and he is getting up there in age.. I do know mac did the correct thing in not giving into fitz outrageous demands.. Had he, woody would have fired him.. 

Fitz made a lot of dumb mental mistakes during the crappy season

Mac did make a mistake not trading for Glennon last offseason when he had a chance

I like Mac- a lot actually.

many of the decisions haven't worked out but I feel the decision making was sound in all of them,  The one notable exception being the Wilkerson deal. It felt like a panic move and the devaluation of Sheldon was  predictable. 

He  deserves credit for drafting a stud in Williams.  

I don't think he's had  any viable options for a young franchise quarterback (don't say Dak).

I want to give him time, like another three years no questions asked. Give the GM five years total to see a vision through. JMO.

On 11/29/2016 at 9:39 PM, dbatesman said:

And look at them now!

How is this any different now? Marshall is catching 50% of his targets and may not crack a thousand yards this year. The other Marshall appears to dip his hands in lard before every game. Smith looks like a total bust. Robby DA GAWD has 24 catches to his name. The best wideouts on the roster are Decker and Enunwa. Both are fine, but neither is a #1 option, and Maccagnan doesn't get credit for them anyway. 

I have no idea what you're on about with the linebackers. Harris is one of the worst re-signings in team history. Lee looks softer than a used kleenex, and can't actually cover. We've needed an upgrade at OLB since forever, and both Mauldin and Jenkins look like they won't make it to a second contract.

What? Where?

So far, so good!

Jets fans in a nutshell: tell them their GM is a boob for drafting Devin Smith and Christian Hackenberg, and they come back with "yeah, but what about Darryl Roberts?"

Must suck being this negative.

Most people look at positions like the WRs and see young talent.  You see another position to bitch and moan about.

Most hope one of the young QBs can come through, you assume since you havent seen a Hackenberg that only a boob would draft them.  You call a player a bust because of a knee injury.

And you do this pretty much in every single post.

Mac is doing fine. Second year young GM, calm sort of guy. 

Got no issue with some moves not working out, there is no 100% GM out there. 

I give him kudos for trying to rebuild while still staying competitive with older guys. Hasn't work in year 2 for sure but I didn't have an issue with it when he spoke about it coming in. Some things just don't work out.

Prepared to stay the course for another couple of years yet.

On 11/29/2016 at 8:36 PM, dbatesman said:

When he got here, we were terrible at every position that matters. Now we're terrible and/or expensive and/or old at every position that matters. Executive of the Year!

On 11/29/2016 at 9:39 PM, dbatesman said:

And look at them now!

What? Where?

So far, so good!

Kind of shocking that after 6 years of awful drafting, awful player development that Mac has not completely revamped the roster, all while being given a mandate by his boss to win now, while rebuilding the roster. I mean, damn, any GM worth his weight in salt would have had this roster completely revamped by now under these circumstances AND would have  had the team in the playoffs right now.

10 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I'm not giving Fitz a pass on his bad play. Esp the red zone picks. Those esp for a veteran are inexcusable. He's not coming back. But practicing on your own and staying in shape is not the same thing as working out with the team esp the receivers. They re-signed him because things worked in 2015. And his play was good. If you have a good thing you don't fix it. I heard a few interviews with him at the time and he said it was driving him crazy living like five miles fro Florham Park and not being allowed to practice with his teammates. IMO he started against the Rams we win that game. He is playing better. 

On 11/30/2016 at 10:08 AM, Randy Rasmussen said:

What I don't understand is signing Fitz and spending 12 million when you are the only bidder. I can't believe Fitz wouldn't have hit a 5 or 6 million dollar bid at that point in the year.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Why would Fitz take a $5-6M deal from anyone? Dopey McCoffeecup offered him $12M-$6M-$6M (with escalators that could bring it to $12M x 3) in February or March, and then left the offer on the table through the entire spring and into the summer.

On 11/29/2016 at 10:19 PM, Patriot Killa said:

Marshalls 2015 production for a 5th round pick was amazing.

as much as I hate to say Fitz 31-12 season was WELL worth the 6th round pick. Did he screw up re-signing the guy? Sure but hindsight is always 20/20 and you expect him to do everything perfect... it's how he finishes this Fitz situation in the off season that  counts. It's called learning from mistakes. Clady for a 5th wasn't that bad. Get a 27 year old ex-pro-bowler when your LT retires unexpectedly and see how it goes. That wasn't a huge blow.

he found Robby Anderson who is a keeper. When's the last time a Jets GM found a good undrafted gem besides Snacks. 

There was nothing unexpected about not having Ferguson for 2016. That's when Maccagnan demanded he take a 50% pay cut, and he'd (unsuccessfully) tried to replace him with other veterans in March. It was neither a surprise nor a blow, since Ferguson was pretty bad last year, and had been getting progressively worse every year for about half a decade. It stands to reason he'd have been terrible in 2017.

Marshall was offered to us because Chicago had to separate him and Cutler, needed the cap room, and wanted to draft Kevin White at #7. With the Jets obviously targeting the WR position in the upcoming draft, and picking ahead of Chicago, trading Marshall specifically to the Jets accomplished all of these desires for the Bears.

You can't credibly give him hindsight credit for Fitz in 2015 and then absolve him of hindsight blame for Fitz a year later. And other than fan presumption, there's no indication yet that Maccagnan isn't planning on re-signing Fitz again next year.

On 11/30/2016 at 6:05 AM, Jetsplayer21 said:

Lol blaming Mac for fitz deal ? Blame fitz for grossly over estimating his talent/demand.. Mac would have been fired at the end of this season had he signed fitz to a multi yr deal.. 

Lol indeed. Fitz didn't re-sign Fitz. Maccagnan re-signed Fitz. 

Oh, and a multi-year deal is exactly what he offered and left on the table for 4-5 months. It was Fitz that turned it down. So does Maccagnan get fired now? :) 

3 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Oh, and a multi-year deal is exactly what he offered and left on the table for 4-5 months. It was Fitz that turned it down. So does Maccagnan get fired now? :) 

So better that he signs Brian Hoyer? or traded for Mike Glennon? or just started with Geno? this season was always going to worse than last year in part because of the schedule and in part because our division got better... the reason we are so bad is because of our coaching, the defense massively underperforming, and poor qb play which we would have had had fitz been re-signed or not. Gotta let this guy pick his own coach before he can be dumped on. executive of the year last for a reason! 

9 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

The original deal was 3/24. 12 million for year 1, 6 in each of next 2. 6 million is obviously not starter $$.. No he wouldn't have been fired for paying fitz a measly 6 mil to backup.. Had he gave fitz what he wanted, 12-15 million for multiple years, he would be packing already..

4 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

The original deal was 3/24. 12 million for year 1, 6 in each of next 2. 6 million is obviously not starter $$.. No he wouldn't have been fired for paying fitz a measly 6 mil to backup.. Had he gave fitz what he wanted, 12-15 million for multiple years, he would be packing already..

It would have been $15M guaranteed, which in practical terms would have been $18M guaranteed. Fitz was an idiot for turning it down, and in doing so he bailed Maccagnan out of even greater stupidity.

Also it was 3/$24M minimum. If he started again next year then year 2 would have again been $12M. 

It was asinine.

10 hours ago, JETdawg1389 said:

So better that he signs Brian Hoyer? or traded for Mike Glennon? or just started with Geno? this season was always going to worse than last year in part because of the schedule and in part because our division got better... the reason we are so bad is because of our coaching, the defense massively underperforming, and poor qb play which we would have had had fitz been re-signed or not. Gotta let this guy pick his own coach before he can be dumped on. executive of the year last for a reason! 

Actually it would have been better if he'd signed Brian Hoyer. Doing nothing would have been better. Hiring you to be the QB for the league minimum would have been better. Fitzpatrick was lousy this year and he chased after him and caved into him like a little boy.

The reason we are so bad is because there isn't a cake schedule like last year. Doesn't it bother you that even in this magical 10-win season we didn't beat a single good team? Even the 2 we beat, that finished with winning records, were each missing at least 6 meaningful starters in our matchup. 

Our GM is in over his head and the coaching is bad. I don't "gotta let this guy pick his own coach" before I form a judgment on his performance. 

Executive of the year rofl. All he did was spend money that his predecessor built up, accept a gift trade offer for Marshall, and take 1 of the only 2 possible players once our pick was up (and both would have been outstanding picks, which hardly praises Maccagnan). Combine this with a miracle of luck in the 2015 schedule, and there you go. Absent all that he wouldn't have won any award for anything other than SOJ GM. 

32 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Actually it would have been better if he'd signed Brian Hoyer. Doing nothing would have been better. Hiring you to be the QB for the league minimum would have been better. Fitzpatrick was lousy this year and he chased after him and caved into him like a little boy.

The reason we are so bad is because there isn't a cake schedule like last year. Doesn't it bother you that even in this magical 10-win season we didn't beat a single good team? Even the 2 we beat, that finished with winning records, were each missing at least 6 meaningful starters in our matchup. 

Our GM is in over his head and the coaching is bad. I don't "gotta let this guy pick his own coach" before I form a judgment on his performance. 

Executive of the year rofl. All he did was spend money that his predecessor built up, accept a gift trade offer for Marshall, and take 1 of the only 2 possible players once our pick was up (and both would have been outstanding picks, which hardly praises Maccagnan). Combine this with a miracle of luck in the 2015 schedule, and there you go. Absent all that he wouldn't have won any award for anything other than SOJ GM. 

This guy gets it absolutely 100% agree with this entire post word for word. 

We are a team in disarray GM,Head coach,coaching staff and players. 

Image result for clapping gifs

On 11/13/2016 at 4:48 PM, Sperm Edwards said:

No one is getting fired, but I'd like to say this is just a wonderful roster, led and guided by wonderful coaching. 

Closing out year 2 of this regime I can really see their plans all starting to come together. 

What a privilege to watch.

Ah sarcasm, the last refuge of the Jet fan. I know thee well.

Archived